Mushfiqur Rahim - Bio, Net Worth, Wife, Age, Height, Facts, Career
Mushfiqur Rahim is a Bangladeshi professional cricketer. The former captain of the Bangladesh national cricket team, he is a batsman as well as a wicketkeeper. Having made his debut for the Bangladesh national team in 2005, he became the most successful captain of Bangladesh in Test cricket. He has several records and achievements to his name. He has also played for various clubs in the domestic leagues.
What is Mushfiqur Rahim Famous For?
- Former captain of Bangladesh national cricket team.
Where is Mushfiqur Rahim From?
Mushfiqur Rahim was born on 9 May 1987. His birth place is in Bogra in Bangladesh. He holds Bangladeshi nationality. He belongs to the South Asian ethnicity and his zodiac sign is Taurus. His religion is Islam. He was born to his father Mahbub Habib and his mother Rahima Khatun.
Regarding his educational background, he attended Bogra Zilla School. He later attended Jahangirnagar University, where he studied history.
Mushfiqur Rahim Career
- Mushfiqur Rahim started playing cricket at an early age.
- He trained at the Bangladesh Institute of Sports.
- He then played for the Bangladesh U19 team in three Youth Tests and 18 One Day Internationals.
- He captained the Bangladesh U19 team at the 2006 U19 Cricket World Cup. They reached the quarter-finals of the tournament.
- He made his senior debut Bangladesh national team as a specialist batsman during Bangladesh's tour of England in 2005.
- He made his test debut against England on 26 May 2005.
- In 2006, he was one of three uncapped ODI players in Bangladesh's squad to tour Zimbabwe.
- He made his ODI debut against Zimbabwe on 6 August 2006.
- He made his T20 debut against Zimbabwe in November 2006.
- He became Bangladesh's first-choice wicket-keeper ahead of the 2007 ICC Cricket World Cup.
- He was dropped in favor of Dhiman Ghosh following a series of very poor performances following the World Cup.
- He returned to Bangladesh's national team for a tri-series with Pakistan and India and the 2008 Aisa Cup.
- He became the vice-captain for Bangladesh's tour of Zimbabwe in August 2009. He became Bangladesh's fourth-highest run-scorer in the series.
- He was part of the Bangladesh team that exited the 2011 World Cup in the group stage.
- He became captain of Bangladesh in September 2011.
- As a captain, he led Bangladesh to the 2012 Asia Cup final, where they lost to Pakistan.
- He announced his resignation as captain in May 2013 but later stated that he had made a "mistake". He retained his captaincy until the end of the year.
- He continued his captaincy in 2014 but was replaced due to a finger injury.
- Rahim and Mahmudullah Riyad set Bangladesh's highest ODI partnership (141 runs) for any wicket against England during the 2015 Cricket World Cup.
- He was rushed to the hospital after being hit on the back of the helmet on the fifth day of the match during the first Test against New Zealand at Basin Reserve in January 2017. He did not sustain any severe injuries.
- He scored his first century (102 not out in 97 balls) in Cricket World Cup against Australia during the 2019 Cricket World Cup.
- He was named man of the series after Bangladesh defeated Sri Lanka in a series in 2021 where he scored the most 237 runs.
- He was included in ICC Men's ODI Team of the Year for 2021 at the 2022 ICC Awards.
- Mushfiqur Rahim represents Rajshahi Division at the domestic level.
- He has played for Bangladesh, Bangladesh A, Duronto Rajshahi, Nagenahira Nagas, Sylhet Royals, Chittagong Vikings, Karachi Kings, Barishal Bulls, Rajshahi Kings, Nangarhar Leopards, Khulna Tigers, and Beximco Dhaka.
- He has over 6500 first-class runs in domestic cricket including thirty-four centuries and twelve half-centuries.
- He was criticized for trying to hit his teammate, Nasum Ahmed, following an incident in the eliminator of the Bangabandhu T20 Cup where both of them were going for the same catch. The video went viral on social media.
Who is Mushfiqur Rahim Wife?
Mushfiqur Rahim is a married man. He is married to Jannatul Kifayet Mondi. The couple got married in 2014. The couple welcomed their first child, a son, Mayan in 2018.
What is Mushfiqur Rahim Height?
Mushfiqur Rahim stands at a height of 1.6 m tall. He has a body weight of 132 lbs i.e. 60 kg. He has an athletic body build. His eye color is dark brown and his hair color is black.
His sexual orientation is straight.
What is Mushfiqur Rahim Net Worth?
Mushfiqur Rahim is a grade A+ Bangladeshi cricketer. The grade A+ players receive a good salary from their contract with BCB. He has been playing for Bangladesh national team since 2005. He is paid around $56k as an annual salary. On the club level, he has played for numerous teams in domestic leagues, where he is paid a handsome salary. His net worth is estimated at around $40 million.
Trivias About Mushfiqur Rahim You Need To Know.
- He wears shirt number 15.
- He is the first Bangladeshi to score a double hundred, record set during the first test of the tour of Sri Lanka in March 2013.
- He is the first batsman for Bangladesh to score an international century against South Africa in any format during the first ODI against South Africa in October 2015.
- He is the first wicket-keeper-batsman to score two double centuries in Test cricket, having scored 2019 not out against Zimbabwe in November 2018.
- His 219 not out is also the highest individual score in a Test innings by a Bangladeshi batsman.
- He is the second batsman for Bangladesh to score 4,000 runs in Tests.
- He is the third Bangladeshi batsman to score a century in a world cup.
- He is the only Bangladeshi batsman to score three double-hundreds in Test cricket.
- He is the first-ever and the only Bangladeshi player to win 150 international matches.
- He is the most successful wicket-keeper batter for Bangladesh with the most dismissals in Bangladesh history.
- He is a fan of the Spanish football club, FC Barcelona.
- He is a fan of Lionel Messi.