Facts About MyKayla Skinner
|Celebrated Name||MyKayla Skinner|
|Age||26 Years Old|
|Nick Name||MyKayla, Mikki, "The Blue Canary"|
|Birth Name||MyKayla Brooke Skinner Harmer|
|Place Of Birth||Gilbert, Arizona|
|University||University of Utah|
|Source of Wealth||Gymnastic career|
|Net Worth||$ 100 thousand to $ 1 million|
|Height||5 ft 0 in (152 cm)|
|Weight||52 kg or 114.5 lbs|
|Sisters||Chelsea, and Katie|
|Links||Wikipedia Instagram Twitter Twitter YouTube|
MyKayla Brooke Skinner Harmer, an American artistic gymnast is professionally known as MyKayla Skinner. She is well recognized for competing at the 2014 World Championships and winning an individual bronze medal on vault while also contributing to the U.S. team's gold medal. She also won gold in four categories at the Pan American Championships that same year. MyKayla became the Junior Individual All-Around Champion at the 2011 American Classic. She is also known for high-difficulty moves like the double layout, becoming one of just two gymnasts to attempt the move in competition. She was selected for an individual spot to compete in the Tokyo Olympics on 27th June 2021.
Utah gymnast MyKayla Skinner heading to Tokyo Olympics
MyKayla Skinner and Grace McCallum are heading to the Tokyo Olympics. Skinner, who served as an alternate on the 2016 Olympic team, qualified for the 2021 games as a specialist, finishing fifth in the all-around competition at the U.S. Olympic Trials in St. Louis. "It was so emotional," Skinner said after the announcement. "It was just so intense, especially going back to 2016. So I was just trying to have positive vibes. But all my hard work has paid off, so thank you to everybody."
- Being an American artistic gymnast.
- For competing at the 2014 World Championships.
Who are the Parents of MyKayla Skinner?
MyKayla Skinner was born to her father, Cris Skinner, and her mother, Kym Skinner on 9th December 1996. Her birthplace is Gilbert, Arizona and her real name is MyKayla Brooke Skinner Harmer. She is American by nationality and American-white by ethnicity. Skinner's religious belief is in the Christian religion. She has celebrated her 24th birthday as of 2020. As per her birth date, her star sign is Sagittarius. She has three older siblings, Jeremy, Chelsea, and Katie, two of whom are former gymnasts themselves.
Moving towards Skinner's education, she attended Higley High School in 2011 as a freshman and was homeschooled starting in 2012. In November 2014, Skinner committed to join the University of Utah program as a collegiate gymnast beginning in 2015, deferring this to 2016 to pursue a place on the USA team for the 2016 Summer Olympics.
How was the Career of MyKayla Skinner?
- MyKayla Skinner kicks off her Gymnastic career being the junior individual all-around champion of the 2011 American Classic after which she was named to the Junior US National Team after finishing tenth in the all-around and second on vault at the National Championships.
- She then became a member of the U.S. senior national team in 2012 whereas she was also a member of the winning U.S. squad at the City of Jesolo Trophy in March.
- She finished 15th all-around at the U.S. Nationals and third on vault in June as well as she ad hoped to make the 2012 US Women's Olympic Team but was not selected to compete at the Olympic Trials.
- She competed at the Fiesta Bowl in early 2013, winning every individual event except for the floor exercise where she tied for eighth place.
- Also, she was a member of the winning U.S. squad at the City of Jesolo Trophy in March whereas she was also selected to compete at the 2014 World Championships in Nanning, China.
- Skinner won a bronze medal in the vault in the event finals, with a score of 15.366, and placed fourth in the floor exercise final, scoring a 14.700, losing out on a second bronze medal to Aliya Mustafina who had a score of 14.733.
- On 7th March 2015, she competed at the 2015 AT&T American Cup, held in Arlington, Texas as she placed second to Simone Biles in that event with a score of 57.832.
- Skinner finished 7th in the all-around with a score of 55.500 at the U.S. Secret Classic, competing on a recently injured ankle on 25th July.
- She was named to the Senior National Team once again and was invited to the 2015 Worlds Selection Camp in September as well as she was named as an alternate to the USA team for the 2015 World Artistic Gymnastics Championships on 8th October 2015.
- She finished 10th in the all-around and won a silver medal on vault and a bronze medal on floor exercise at the 2016 U.S. National Championships.
- Later, she competed at the U.S. Olympic Trials, where she finished fourth in the all-around and was named as an alternate to the 2016 Olympic team on 10th July.
- MyKayla signed a National Letter of Intent for the University of Utah and the Utah Red Rocks program in November 2014 as well as she announced in April 2015 that she would defer enrolling at Utah by a year to concentrate on making the 2016 Olympic team.
- She enrolled at the University of Utah in 2016, as a member of its NCAA women's gymnastics team and competed in the all-around and finished second in the individual all-around with a score of 39.6125, behind Alex McMurtry of Florida at the NCAA Championships.
- She was the co-national champion on floor exercise with a 9.9625 alongside Ashleigh Gnat of LSU and was also fifth on vault and eighth on the balance beam.
- Skinner hit all 54 of her routines without a fall in the 2018 season and helped Utah finish in second place at the PAC-12 Championships.
- She won silver in the all-around behind Maggie Nichols of Oklahoma at the 2018 NCAA Women's Gymnastics Championship and finished first on vault alongside Brenna Dowell of Oklahoma and Alex McMurtry of Florida.
- At the NCAA Championships Skinner placed seventh in the all-around after a subpar beam routine.
- She later officially confirmed her intention to return to elite gymnastics to make a run at the 2020 Olympics on 25th April 2019 whereas she made her return to elite competition at the GK US Classic in July 2019.
- Skinner completed in all four events on the first day of competition and ended the night in ninth place, tied with Grace McCallum at the 2019 U.S. National Championships.
- She was also named to the world's team to travel to the 2019 World Championships in Stuttgart.
- As well, she was selected to compete at the International Gymnix meet in Montreal in March 2020 and she helped the USA win team gold, and individually she placed second in the all-around behind Lee.
- She posted on Instagram following the postponement of the 2020 Olympics due to the COVID-19 pandemic on 26th March 2020 that she is "still training for the Olympics but taking things one day at a time!".
- MyKayla revealed on Instagram that she was hospitalized with pneumonia that resulted from COVID-19. he had planned on competing at the 2021 Winter Cup but withdrew due to insufficient training after recovering from COVID-19.
- She competed at the U.S. Classic in May where she finished tenth in the all-around and finished first on vault.
- She also completed the all-around both days at the National Championships and finished in ninth place after falling off the balance beam and going out of bounds on floor exercise on the first night
- Mykayla was selected to represent the United States as the non-nominative spot at the Tokyo Olympics at the Olympic Trials, meaning she will compete as an individual instead of on the 4-member USA team.
Who is MyKayla Skinner Husband?
MyKayla Skinner is a married woman. She tied a knot with her handsome husband Jonas Harmer on 14th November 2019 whereas the pair got engaged on 19th October 2019. They both seem extremely happy in their domestic life and hope it will remain as same as in the future too. Talking about MyKayla's sexual orientation, she is straight.
How much is MyKayla Skinner Net Worth?
MyKayla Skinner has a net worth of around $ 100 thousand to $ 1 million as of 2021. She has an average salary of $30,000 and her expected lifetime earnings are reported $1,252,440. Skinner has either endorsed or promoted a couple of brands through social media which include the likes of Ivy City Co and Ozoneleos from where she earns a fine amount of money. In addition, her major source of income is from her gymnastic career.
How tall is MyKayla Skinner?
The height of a beautiful gymnast, MyKayla Skinner is 5 ft 0 in (152 cm). She has 52 kg or 114.5 lbs of body weight with an athletic body build. She has good-looking blonde hair and blue eyes. She looks absolutely attractive and stunning whenever she flaunts off her seductive hot pair of legs and feet in sexy short dresses.
Trivias About MyKayla Skinner You Need To Know.
- Skinner has trained under the guidance of coaches like Tom Farden, Lisa Spini, and Bruce McGhee.
- She emerged as the junior individual all-around champion of the 2011 American Classic.
- In the year 2012, MyKayla Skinner became a member of the U.S. senior national team.
- She has been associated with charities and NGOs like Feed My Starving Children.
- She has won 10 medals at the USA Gymnastics National Championships during her senior career.
- She was named the 2019 Utah Female Athlete of the Year.