Nadiya Hussain - Bio, Net Worth, Married, Husband, Family, Nationality, Age, Life Story, Career, Recipes, Awards, Religion, Height, Facts, Wiki, Kids
Nadiya Hussain is a British TV chef, columnist, author, and television presenter. She is best known as the winner of the sixth series of BBC's "The Great British Bake Off". She has also written some cookbooks such as 'Nadiya’s Kitchen', 'Nadiya's British Food Adventure', and 'Nadiya's Family Favourites'. She was also named one of the 500 most influential people in the UK by Debrett in 2017.
Nadiya was commissioned by Buckingham Palace to bake a cake for Elizabeth II as part of her 90th birthday celebrations where Nadiya chose to bake an orange drizzle cake with orange curd and orange buttercream.
She is also active in social media platforms with over610k followers on Instagram @nadiyajhussain and over 240.4k followers on Twitter @BegumNadiya.
What is Nadiya Hussain famous for?
- Famous as a British TV chef, author, and TV presenter.
- Famous as the winner of the sixth series of BBC's The Great British Bake Off.
Where is Nadiya Hussain from?
Nadiya Hussain was born in Luton, Bedfordshire, England on December 25, 1984. Her birth name is Nadiya Jamir Begum. She is a first-generation British Bangladeshi born in England. She was born to father, Jamir Ali who was a chef and owned an Indian restaurant, and mother, Asma Begum who was a housewife. She has five siblings including three sisters and two brothers.
She holds a British nationality and belongs to Sylheti ethnicity. Her zodiac sign is Capricorn. Her religion is Muslim.
Regarding her education, she attended Beech Hill Primary School, Challney High School, and Luton Sixth Form College. There is no information about her educational qualification. However, She revealed that she learned basic cooking skills at school. She has also earned an open university degree in Childhood and Youth Studies.
Nadiya Hussain's Career Highlights
- In 2015, Nadiya Hussain appeared in the sixth series of British TV baking competition, "The Great British Bake Off" and also won the show. The shows' final became the most-watched show of 2015 with more than 15 million viewers.
- On December 25, 2015, she made a cameo appearance in the BBC One show, 'Michael McIntyre's Big Christmas Show'.
- In August 2016, Nadiya presented a two-part food travelogue show, 'The Chronicles of Nadiya' on BBC One, where she travels to Bangladesh to trace her culinary roots. The same month, she also appeared as a guest on BBC Radio 4's Desert Island Discs.
- In November 2016, she became a judge on the fourth series of 'Junior Bake Off' on CBBC but replaced Mary Berry.
- On 21 December 2016, Nadiya presented a two-hour cookery show at her home on BBC Radio 2 alongside Olly Smith as part of BBC's Christmas radio line-up.
- In 2017, she presented an eight-part series on BBC Two, 'Nadiya's British Food Adventure' for which she traveled across the country and also visited food producers.
- The same year, she also co-presented, 'The Big Family Cooking Showdown' alongside Zoë Ball but after some time she left the show to focus on her own show, 'Nadiya's Family Favourites'.
- In July 2018, Hussain's second TV cookery series 'Nadiya's Family Favourites' aired on BBC Two.
- In 2019, she appeared in the sixth cookery series, 'Time To Eat' on BBC Two which included various time-saving kitchen hacks and recipes designed to save time and allow families to stay within budget. The show also entered the Netflix catalog in April 2020.
- In September 2020, Nadiya appeared in the eight-part of the cookery series, 'Nadiya Bakes'.
- As a writer and author, Nadiya is Contributing Editor to UK's biggest food media brand, 'BBC's Good Food'. She also writes a monthly column for The Times Magazine.
- Nadiya was a columnist for Essentials magazine and her recipes have also featured in 'The Telegraph', 'Good Food magazine', and 'The Guardian'.
- In 2016, Nadiya Hussain Published her first cookbook, 'Nadiya’s Kitchen' following which she has published some other cookbooks such as 'Nadiya's British Food Adventure' (2017), 'Nadiya's Family Favourites'(2018), 'Time To Eat' (2019), and 'Nadiya Bakes' (2020).
- She has also written some children's books. Her first children's book of stories and recipes, 'Nadiya's Bake Me A Story published in September 2016 by Hodder Children's Books. Her other children's books are 'Nadiya's Bake Me Festive Story' (2017), 'Nadiya's Bake Me Celebration Story'(2018), and 'My Monster and Me' (2019).
- In January 2017, Nadiya Hussain released her first novel, 'The Secret Lives of the Amir Sisters' with help from author Ayisha Malik. Her other novels are 'The Fall and Rise of the Amir Sisters' (2019) and 'The Hopes and Triumphs of the Amir Sisters' (2020).
- On October 17, 2019, Her autobiography, 'Finding My Voice' was published by Headline Publishing Group which includes some of her own recipes and poetry.
- Nadiya also has a homeware collection range. She launched her own Homeware range "Make Life Colourful Range" in collaboration with BlissHome in 2018 which includes a full tableware range, candles, aprons, oven gloves, tea towels as well as spice racks.
Nadiya Hussain's Awards and Nominations
- Nadiya Hussain won the Presenter Award at the 'Women in Film and Television UK' or WFTV Awards for The Chronicles of Nadiya in 2017. The same year, she was also nominated as the Breakthrough star at the 'Royal Television Society Awards' forThe Chronicles of Nadiya.
- In 2018, she awarded as Factual Entertainment at 'RTS West of England Awards' for Nadiya's British Food Adventure.
- She awarded as Personality of the Year at 'Fortnum & Mason Food and Drink Awards' for Nadiya's British Food Adventure in 2018. The same year, she awarded by the 'National Book Award' as Food And Drink Book Of The Year for Nadiya’s Family Favourites.
- In 2019, she won the 'Fortnum & Mason Food and Drink Awards' for Nadiya's Asian Odyssey.
Nadiya Hussain's Husband
Nadia Hussain is a married woman. She married to Abdal Hussain in an arranged marriage. Nadia met her husband through their families when she was 19. The couple got married in a traditional ceremony in Bangladesh.
The couple has three children, two sons named Musa Hussain and Dawud Hussain, and a daughter named Maryam Hussain.
In December 2018, Nadiya and her husband married each other again.
Nadiya Hussain's Height
As of September 2020, Nadia Hussain is 35 years old. She is a gorgeous woman with an average body build. She stands at a height of 1.53m (5 feet) tall and her body weighs around 55kg (121 lbs.). Her body measurements are 32-25-34 inches. Her bra size is 32B. She wears a shoe size of 6(US) and a dress size of 4(US). Her hair color is black and her eye color is Dark Brown. Her sexual orientation is Straight.
Nadiya Hussain's Net Worth
Nadiya Hussain has quite good earnings from her career as a TV chef, author, and television presenter. As of 2020, Nadiya Hussain’s net worth is estimated to be $5 million. There is no information about her salary and other assets.