Facts About Natalie Dormer
|41 Years Old
|Actress , Producer , Writer
|Place Of Birth
|Reading, Berkshire, UK
|Anthony Byrne (2011-18)
|Chiltern Edge Secondary School, Reading Blue Coat School, Allenova School of Dancing, University of Cambridge, and Webber Douglas Academy of Dramatic Art
|5 feet 6 inches
|Source of Wealth
|Instagram Twitter Facebook Wikipedia
Natalie Dormer is a British actress, producer, and writer who entered the Hollywood Film Industry in 2005. Since then, she appeared in several TV series and films and even won several prestigious awards as well. Some of her well-known TV series and films are The Tudors (2007-08; 2010), Captain America: The First Avenger (2011), Game of Thrones (2012-16), Elementary (2013-15), and The Hunger Games: Mockingjay (2014;2015). These TV series and films make her popular and had written her name among the Hollywood stars. Today, we know her because of her struggle and outstanding performance through her acted TV series and films. If you like to know more about her, you should have to scroll through the page below.
What is Natalie Dormer famous for?
- An English actress, voiceover artist, producer, and writer.
- Her portrayal of Anne Boleyn on the Showtime historical fiction series The Tudors.
- Playing in the role of Margaery Tyrell in HBO’s fantasy drama television series Game of Thrones (2012-16).
What nationality is Natalie Dormer?
Natalie Dormer was born under the birth sign of Aquarius through her parents in the year 1982, which makes her today 40 years old. He experienced his childhood in Reading, Berkshire, England, the UK along with her two siblings. They are Mark Dormer and Samantha Dormer. Her parents are Gary Dormer and Claire Richards. However, her parent's professional details are yet to be disclosed. Similarly, she holds British nationality and belongs to the White ethnicity. Further, she follows Atheism.
For education, She attended Chiltern Edge Secondary School and then was enrolled in Reading Blue Coat School. She was also bullied in her school like most of the other celebrities. Later, she learned dancing from Allenova School of Dancing. Moreover, she was provisionally offered a place to study history at the University of Cambridge. She then joined and trained at the Webber Douglas Academy of Dramatic Art in London.
Natalie Dormer Acting Career
- Her first professional acting role was in The Comedy of Errors in 2003.
- After struggling for six months in the film industry, she got the role of Victoria in Casanova.
- In 2007 and 2008, She played Anne Boleyn in the first two seasons of The Tudors, for which she received highly positive reviews.
- In 2008, She played Moira Nicholson in Agatha Christie's Marple: "Why Didn't They Ask Evans?" and appeared in the film City of Life.
- Her Marple appearance aired in the US in the summer of 2009 as part of the PBS Masterpiece Mystery anthology series.
- In 2010, She debuted at the Young Vic theatre in London as Mizi in the play Sweet Nothings. She received a commendation for her performance at the Ian Charleson Awards 2010.
- From 2012-16, She played the role of Margaery Tyrell in the HBO fantasy TV series Game of Thrones. She received international recognition and critical acclaim for her performance. She even won the Ewwy Award for Best Supporting Actress - Drama for her performance in the third season of the show.
- In 2012, She worked at the Young Vic to play the title role in After Miss Julie. Her performance earned acclaim, with reviews describing her as "little short of sensational", "outstanding", and "the perfect Miss Julie."
- In 2013, She played the role of Lady Door in the radio play Neverwhere, which is based on the novel by Neil Gaiman.
- Later that year, She played the role of Irene Adler in the final three episodes of the first season of the CBS series Elementary and was appeared in the car racing drama Rush and the thriller The Counselor.
- She played Cressida in the final two films in The Hunger Games franchise, which were released in 2014 and 2015.
- In 2016, She worked in The Professor and the Madman alongside Mel Gibson and Sean Penn.
- In 2017, She returned to the stage at the Theatre Royal Haymarket for the lead role in David Ives' Venus in Fur.
- In 2018, she co-wrote the film In Darkness and released it with her ex-fiancé, Anthony Byrne.
- In 2019, she gave her voice to the character of Onica in The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance.
- The same year, Her production company, Dog Rose Productions signed a multi-year first-look deal with Fremantle.
- In 2020, She starred in Showtime's series, Penny Dreadful: City of Angels, where she played multiple roles received praise for her work on the series. She was even nominated for an award at the Critics' Choice Super Awards.
Natalie Dormer Awards & Achivements
Natalie Dormer is a well-known actress who played many blockbuster films and TV series to date. Throughout her career, she has earned 4 prestigious awards out of 11 nominations which are listed below:
- EWwy Awards (2013) - Best Supporting Actress - Drama - Game of Thrones
- NewNowNext Awards (2014) - Best New Lead Film Actress - The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1
- Empire Awards (2015) - Best Ensemble - Game of Thrones
- CinEuphoria Awards (2020) - Merit - Honorary Award - Game of Thrones
Is Natalie Dormer married?
Natalie Dormer was yet to be married. But she has several romantic dates. Firstly, she was in a relationship with Anthony Byrne, an Irish actor, and director. The lovebirds started dating when they met on the set of The Tudors back in 2007. Later, They engaged in 2011. Unfortunately, the pair separated in the summer of 2018. The reason behind their separation is still unknown.
She then dated an actor David Oakes. The lovebirds have been in a relationship since 2018. They first met in Venus in Fur and later started dating, Together, the lovebirds shares a daughter in January 2021. However, the name of her child is yet to be public. Currently, the duo living a blissful life with her newly born baby.
How much money does Natalie Dormer make?
Natalie Dormer has been engaged in the entertainment industry since 2005. During her career, she has done several films and TV series to date. Thus, she should have earned the sum of a good amount of money and fame throughout her career. Based on some online sites, her current estimated net worth is said to be $8 million. However, her salary and other financial details are yet to be public. Further, she was actively involved in charity works and made a good contribution to the betterment of society.
How tall is Natalie Dormer?
Natalie Dormer has an hourglass body figure with a body measurement of 34-25-35 inches. She used to wear 6 (US) dress sizes and 7.5 (US) shoe sizes. Similarly, she has a pair of beautiful blue eyes and her hair color is blonde. Further, she has a height of 5 feet 6 inches and she weighs around 56 kg. Overall, she has a well-maintained and healthy body.
Trivias About Natalie Dormer You Need To Know.
- She has run the London Marathon twice in sub-4 hours in 2014 and 2016.
- Her names originates from the Late Latin name Natalia. It is derived from the Latin phrases natale domini, "birth of Lord", or dies natalis, "Birthday".
- She is a self-proclaimed poker lover.
- She is also a mezzo-soprano singer.
- She gifted herself a red-colored Mazda MX5 hard-top convertible car after her performance in 21 episodes in The Tudors.