Last updated on November 13th, 2022 at 11:37 pm
Facts About Natasha Jonas
|39 Years Old
|Place Of Birth
|Nikita and Liam
|College / University
|St. Peter's College
|Edge Hill University
|Source of Wealth
|5 ft 8 in
Natasha Jonas is a professional British boxer who is famous for her successful boxing career. As an amateur boxer, she won a bronze medal in the lightweight division at the 2012 AIBA World Championships; bronze in the light welterweight division at the 2011 European Championships; and silver in the light welterweight division at the 2014 European Championships. She turned professional on 23rd June 2017 and made her pro boxing debut against Monika Antonik where she defeated Monika via TKO. Her pro boxing record is 11-2-1 (Win-Loss-Draw). She is nicknamed 'MISS GB'.
What is Natasha Jonas Famous For?
- Being a professional boxer.
- For winning multiple ABA Championships as well as a gold medal at Women’s European Union Amateur Boxing Championship in 2009 as an amateur boxer.
What is Natasha Jonas Ethnicity?
Natasha Jonas was born on June 18, 1984. She is from Liverpool, England, United Kingdom. Her present age is 38 years as per her birth date. Her real name is Natasha Paula Jonas. She is American by nationality and her ethnic background is Mixed. Her race is black. Her horoscope sign is Gemini and she follows the Christianity religion. She was born to her father, Terry, and her mother, Esther Jonas. Also, she has two siblings namely Nikita Parris who is her younger half-sister, and Liam Molloy who is her brother. Nikita is a soccer player and Liam is an MMA fighter by profession.
Regarding Natasha's educational qualification, she studied at St. Peter's College in New Jersey for 18 months on a soccer scholarship. She then enrolled at Edge Hill University in Lancashire in a media studies course. She was employed for five years by Liverpool City Council and was a mentor for the Youth Sport Trust for four years, helping to promote sport and healthy lifestyles to school-age children.
Natasha Jonas Career Timeline
- Natasha Jonas started her boxing career in the year 2005.
- She had won five ABA Championships in the 64 kg Division for Liverpool club Rotunda ABC by 2010 which is a great success.
- She became the first female boxer to compete for GB Boxing in November 2009.
- Additionally, she claimed gold in the 64 kg division at the 2009 Women's European Union Amateur Boxing Championships in Pazardzhik, Bulgaria, after she overcame Csilla Csejtei of Hungary in the final in 2009 and grabbed another gold medal in the inaugural GB Amateur Boxing Championships in 2010 defeating Amanda Coulson.
- She made history in Qinhuangdao, China in May 2012 by reaching the semi-finals of the 2012 AIBA Women's World Boxing Championship to become the first-ever female British boxer to qualify for an Olympic Games.
- She also took the bronze medal and a place in the 2012 London Olympics back to Liverpool with her.
- Moreover, she became the first-ever British female boxer to compete at an Olympic Games where she faced Quanitta Underwood in the round of 16 and defeated her but sadly, she lost to Katie Taylor.
- A retired amateur boxer, Natasha retired 16 months before the Rio 2016 games. She eventually came out of retirement to turn professional.
- She then turned professional on 23rd June 2017 and made her pro boxing debut against Monika Antonik where she defeated Monika via TKO.
- Next, she defeated Bojana Libiszewska, Marianna Gulyas, Katarina Vistica, Taoussy L'Hadji and Karina Kopinska.
- She then faced a shocking defeat via TKO in the fourth round against Viviane Obenauf. It was her seventh professional fight.
- She then defeated Bec Connolly and Bianka Majlath.
- When she fought Terri Harper for the WBC World Female Super Feather Title and the IBO World Female Super Feather Title on August 7, 2020, she fought to a draw for the first time in her professional career.
- Her next fight was against Katie Taylor on May 1, 2021, which she lot.
- After her loss, she won two fights against Vaida Masiokaite (10-2-1) on 20th November 2021 and Chris Namus (11-2-1) on 19th February 2022 winning WBO female super-welterweight title.
- Apart from a boxing career, she appeared with Tom Stalker and James Dickens in Channel 4 documentary, "Knockout Scousers" in July 2012 which followed her to the Czech Republic and China on her pursuit for Olympic qualification, a production which she also narrated.
Natasha Jonas wins world title with victory over Chris Namus
Natasha Jonas has become a world titleholder at the third attempt following a stellar victory against Chris Namus on the undercard of Amir Khan's grudge match with Kell Brook. She moved up three weight divisions to face-off against the Uruguayan for the vacant WBO Super Welterweight world title and put on an electric display. In the first round, a fierce left-hand jab was followed by a strong right hook to send her opponent tumbling and continued her relentless assault in the second round. Following another knockdown, Namus' corner looked to throw in the towel but the South American pleaded her case - but the decision eventually came from the referee, who called the contest 28 seconds into the second round. Speaking to Sky Sports after the fight, Jonas said: "I can't even put it in words. People think I exaggerate when I say it means everything but they don't understand the sacrifices we make. I've been through hell and back, ups and downs. "I've got the best supportive family and friends in the world. My little girl is at home with my cousin, so baby Mela, this is for you, she's bringing the belt home! "I trained for 12 rounds or more, the top quality amateurs doing three rounds, two rounds. I was prepared for a hard battle and I knew it would be. I've got to give her props, she took it at short notice, but everything I did in the sparring, I knew if I bring it to the ring I'd win - it was just a matter of how I did it."
Who is Natasha Jonas Husband?
Natasha Jonas is an engaged lady to her boyfriend whose name is still a mystery. They got engaged in 2016. The engaged couple is also blessed with a beautiful daughter, Mela who was born on 4th December 2015. Natasha feared her boxing career was over when she fell pregnant but now daughter Mela is her biggest inspiration. "Once I retired from amateur boxing to have my daughter, I thought that was the end of my boxing career," Jonas said. Unwilling to reveal the identity of her baby-father, Jonas hasn't yet talked about him publicly. Her daughter, Mela hung around with her mother during her boxing practices. Her sexual orientation is straight. Today, she is leading a happy family.
How much is Natasha Jonas Net Worth?
Natasha Jonas has made a huge amount of success as well as a fortune from her professional life. As of 2022, the net worth of Jonas is estimated to have $18 million as per sources. Her main source of wealth is from boxing career. She is living a lavish lifestyle from her career earnings. Moreover, she has used her social media activity to endorse a couple of products and brands such as Gallagher’s Boxing Gym, Rival Boxing Gear, Applied Nutrition, Nutri Bar. Recently, Natasha Jonas made $500k ($200k adjusted as of win bonus) winning against Chris Namus.
What is Natasha Jonas Height and Weight?
Natasha Jonas is a bold and beautiful lady. She stands tall at the height of 5 ft 8 in or 173 cm with a body weight of 60 Kg or 132 lbs. Her body type is Athletic. She has a pair of hazel eyes and her hair color is black. Being a boxer, she frequently does exercise. She has a very grueling and intense workout regime in place to prepare for her battles in the ring. She hits the gym thrice a day and 5 days a week. She mostly selects body weight exercises for her circuit.
Trivias About Natasha Jonas You Need To Know.
- She initially intended to be a footballer.
- She became the first female boxer to compete for GB Boxing in November 2009.
- A retired amateur boxer, Natasha retired 16 months before the Rio 2016 games.
- She turned professional on 23rd June 2017.
- Her pro boxing record is 11-2-1 (Win-Loss-Draw).