Nathan Chen Bio, Age, Facts, Family, Parents, Girlfriend, Net Worth, Height, Weight, Ethnicity, Wiki, Siblings, Career, Famous for, Religion, Trivia
Nathan Chen is an American figure skater. He is the 2022 Olympic champion, a three-time World champion (2018, 2019, 2021), the 2017 Four Continents champion, a three-time Grand Prix Final champion (2017, 2018, 2019), and six-time U.S. national champion (2017–22).
At the junior level, Chen is the 2015–16 Junior Grand Prix Final champion, 2013–14 Junior Grand Prix Final bronze medalist, and 2014 World Junior bronze medalist. Chen also helped the U.S. Olympic team win the bronze medal in the 2018 team event, and the silver medal in the 2022 team event.
What is Nathan Chen famous for?
- Being a three-time World champion (2018, 2019, 2021)
- For his ability to perform quadruple jumps with ease.
Nathan Chen Parents and Ethnicity
Nathan Chen was born on 5th May 1999 in Salt Lake City, Utah, U.S. His birth name is Nathan Wei Chen. He holds an American nationality and belongs to the Asian (Chinese) ethnicity. His birth sign is Taurus. Despite his parent's Buddhist faith, he practices Christianity.
Nathan was born into a middle-class family. His father Zhidong Chen is a medical research scientist who received his Ph.D. in Pharmaceutics & Pharmaceutical Chemistry from the University of Utah. Her mother Hetty Wang works as a medical interpreter for Mandarin Chinese for hospitals. Nathan's parents immigrated from Tianjin, China, to the United States in 1988.
Chen attended West High School in Salt Lake City and Rim of the World High School in Lake Arrowhead, California, and graduated from California Connections Academy. Then he enrolled at Yale University in the fall of 2018, majoring in Statistics and Data Science.
Nathan Chen Junior Career
- After turning 13, Chen became eligible to compete in the ISU Junior Grand Prix (JGP) series.
- He won the gold medal at the JGP Austria in 2012.
- Chen was awarded the bronze medal at the 2014 World Junior Championships in Sofia, Bulgaria in March 2014.
- Chen won gold in the 2015–16 ISU Junior Grand Prix series.
Nathan Chen Senior Career
- Chen began his senior international debut with the 2016–2017 season winning a gold medal at the 2016 CS Finlandia Trophy.
- He made his Grand Prix series debut at the 2016 Trophée de France in Paris.
- At the 2016 NHK Trophy in Sapporo, Chen placed second.
- In February, Chen won the 2017 Four Continents, becoming the third person to score over 100 points in a short program.
- He and teammate Jason Brown, who placed seventh, secured three places for the United States in the men's event at the 2018 Winter Olympics.
- Chen won his first Grand Prix title at the 2017 Rostelecom Cup in Moscow.
- By winning both Skate America and Internationaux de France Chen qualified to compete in the 2018–19 Grand Prix Final.
- . In the 2019-202 Grand Prix, Chen defended his title at Skate America in Las Vegas, with his third consecutive win.
- Chen made history at the 2021 U.S. Championships, winning his fifth consecutive National title.
- Chen placed third at the 2021 World Championships in Stockholm, Sweden.
- At the 2022 U.S. Championships in Nashville, Chen won his sixth consecutive men's title.
- At the 2022 Winter Olympics, Chen set an international figure skating world record in the men's short program with a score of 113.97 winning gold.
Who is Nathan Chen dating?
Nathan Chen is currently single. Since there is no report or proof about who the 22-year-old American is dating, we have nothing to believe but that he is single. However, a couple of years ago he was dating his fellow skater Amber Glenn.
Both the skaters started dating as teenagers and the pictures of them spending together were available on their Instagram accounts and internet sites. Sadly, their relationship didn’t go long and by the start of 2017, there were no further posts about each other from their social media accounts.
There are some speculations about the Japanese figure skater Mai Mihara being Nathan’s girlfriend though, but it’s likely to be a mere rumor since there is no solid proof of it.
Nathan Chen Net Worth 2021
As of February 2022, the net worth of Nathan Chen is estimated to be the US $2.5 million. He made his huge fortune through his successful skating career. He received a whopping $868,000 as a prize after winning 2018, 2019, and 2021 World Figure Skating Championships: in total, the prize money becomes 2.6 million from three events.
Enlisted as one of the highest-earning skaters in 2022, Nathan earns around $500 thousand per year by participating in Grand Prix events, US Figure Skating Championship, World Figure Skating Championships, and other skating events. He also makes a large amount of money through his endorsement deals.
Forbes estimates Chen has earned at least $1 million in guaranteed payments from his sponsors in the 12 months leading up to the 2022 Olympics.
Nathan Chen Height and Weight
Nathan Chen is 5 ft 6 inches tall and his body weight is around 62 Kg. He has an Athletic build body. He looks handsome in his short hairstyle that is black in color. He has a pair of black eyes. As a Figure skater, Valieva regularly does single-leg deadlift/balance, Jump squats or jump lunges, star jumps, Skipping, and Rotation jumps to improve her figure skating power.
Did You Know?
- He is the first skater to have landed five types of quadruple jumps.
- He is the world record holder for the short program.
- He had been undefeated in every competition he had entered until October 2021.