Naughty Boy - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Real Name, Parents, Family, Girlfriend, Award, Nationality, Religion, Height, Facts, Career, Albums, Siblings, Wiki
Shahid Khan aka Naughty Boy is a British DJ, record producer, songwriter as well as a musician. He has written and/or produced a total of 49 songs that have been assigned to artists, as well as writing and producing other material which is awaiting allocation. He initially signed as a songwriter to Sony ATV and then to Virgin Records (now Virgin EMI), Khan established his production company "Naughty Boy Recordings" and production name and began to write and produce music commercially circa 2008. After producing "Diamond Rings" in 2008-2009, he got his big breakthrough as it became a UK top-ten hit by British grime artist Chipmunk and a then-unknown session singer called Emeli Sandé. Further, he produced a remix of British R&B singer-songwriter Taio Cruz's 2008 single "Come On Girl". This was followed in 2010 with his own top-ten hit single, "Never Be Your Woman" featuring British rapper Wiley and Sandé. Sandé and Naughty Boy worked on "Dreamer", "End of Days" and "Yesterday's News" for Devlin's album Bud, Sweat and Beers, Tinie Tempah's "Let's Go" from Disc-Overy, "Radio" for Alesha Dixon, "Kids Love to Dance" for Professor Green's Alive Till I'm Dead album and "Til the End" from Tinchy Stryder's Third Strike album. Then, he worked on his own album and Sandé's debut album. Later, the album "Our Version of Events", was released in 2012 which became a large commercial success, selling 1.2 million copies by December 2012 and in April 2013. Next, he released his debut album "Hotel Cabana". It was preceded by the release of the top-ten single "Wonder" (featuring Sandé), the number one hit "La La La", featuring Sam Smith and "Lifted", another collaboration with Sandé. His debut album peaked at number two in the UK. His song "La La La" won "Best Song" and "Best Video" in The MOBO Award’s 18th Anniversary which was held on 19th October 2013.
What is Naughty Boy known for?
- Being a British DJ, record producer, songwriter, and musician.
- For his collaborations with vocalists like Beyonce and Sam Smith, whose song La La La won Best Song and Best Video at the 2013 Mobo Awards.
What is the Real Name of Naughty Boy? Know About His Parents, Religion and Ethnicity
Naughty Boy was born on 1st January 1985 which makes him the present age of 36 as of 2020. His birth name or real name is Shahid Khan. He is from Watford, England. By nationality, he is British and he belongs to British-Pakistani ethnic background. His parents were originally from Pakistan, and explaining the importance of his Pakistani identity, has also been into a school near Rawalpindi for two years, he says that he grew up listening to Pakistani music and watching Pakistani movies more than being influenced by Western culture, admiring the likes of Sultan Rahi and Mustafa Qureshi, ultimately professing that "I am a very proud Pakistani and I celebrate that". He follows the Muslim religion. In an interview with the press, he explained that he's "excited" for the conversation around his religion, and said: "It is something I want to get into because I am British Pakistani Muslim and I do want to shine my light there and share my light with people, and we can get to know each other's faiths as well." Earlier this year, Naughty Boy shared an Instagram post celebrating Eid with his close family. They celebrated by enjoying food made by Naughty Boy Kitchen. His father's name is Barkat who is said to have worked as a taxi driver in Watford, and his mother's name is Zahida. His mother was diagnosed with dementia in 2019 after suffering a stroke two years prior. Naughty Boy has been adamant about taking care of her at home. He said in the I'm A Celebrity 2021 cast trailer: "Naughty Boy is the entertainer and Shah is who you see at home. I look after my mum and I make sick beats." His Zodiac sign falls under Pisces sign. He also has a sibling, a sister namely Saira Khan.
About his educational background, Naughty Boy studied Business and Marketing at London Guildhall University (now London Metropolitan University), but during his first semester, he decided to drop out and did various part-time jobs in Domino's Pizza and Watford General Hospital.
Naughty Boy Career Timeline
- Naughty Boy initially won £44,000 on "Deal or No Deal" and spent the money on a studio in his parent's garden.
- He decided to follow his ambition to write and produce his own music, under the name "Naughty Boy Recordings".
- He got a three-year contract with Sony ATV, and a one-album record deals with Virgin Records (EMI Records) at that time.
- In addition, he applied to The Princes Trust in the year 2005, where he was awarded a grant of £5,000 to help start up his business.
- He worked with Sandé on Wiley's "Never Be Your Woman" (2010), a cover of White Town's "Your Woman" (1997).
- Then, Sandé earned a record deal with Virgin Records, with Shahid Khan co-writing and producing her debut album, "Our Version of Events".
- Further, he was introduced and credited as an artist on Sandé's second single "Daddy".
- Not only this but also he has worked with Alesha Dixon, JLS, Lily Allen, Alexandra Burke, and Jennifer Hudson.
- He has also produced records for Professor Green, Cheryl Cole, and Tinie Tempah.
- He worked with Sandé to produce and co-write Leona Lewis' 2012 comeback single "Trouble".
- Moreover, he wrote and produced "When It Hurts" and "Mountains" for Lewis' album "Glassheart".
- He worked on records for Rihanna including "Half of Me", "Side Effects of You" for Fantasia Barrino, and also he co-produced "Craziest Things" with will.i.am for Cheryl Cole.
- Then, he started working on his own debut album titled "Hotel Cabana" which was scheduled to be released under his moniker "Naughty Boy" by Virgin EMI Records in 2013 which first single was entitled "Wonder" featuring frequent collaborator Sandé on the lead vocals. The album was released on 23rd August 2013. The album's title song, "Hotel Cabana" featured Tempah.
- A trailer for "Hotel Cabana" was premiered on Naughty Boy's Vevo account on 20th September 2012. It states Hotel Cabana is "directed by Naughty Boy, starring Emeli Sandé, Tinie Tempah, Professor Green, Gabrielle and George the Poet". Of the album, his opinion of it was "It has a concept to it, so it's more like a film in some respects", claiming "I'm not just a producer – I'm a director too". But it did not happen until May 2013, that the second single "La La La" featuring Sam Smith was released as the album's second single.
- Upon release, "La La La" became Naughty Boy's biggest hit to date, topping the UK Singles chart and UK Dance Chart. It also reached number three in Ireland, Italy and Scotland and five in the Netherlands. It serves as the album's lead single in the US, where it has peaked at number nineteen, on the Billboard Hot 100, as of 8 April 2014.
- Next, he teamed up with Sandé and Katy Perry in New York to work on a song for Perry's then-upcoming album, "Prism" (2013).
- It was confirmed in March 2015 stating that Naughty Boy had worked with then-One Direction member Zayn Malik for one of the tracks of his second album.
- At that time, Zayn Malik exited the band shortly after this announcement, which led to many One Direction fans blaming Naughty Boy for Malik's departure
- Naughty Boy announced on 16th September 2015 stating that he would release a song titled "Runnin' (Lose It All)" featuring Beyoncé and Arrow Benjamin. The song was premiered online on 17th September.
- On 18th November 2016, "Should've Been Me", featuring vocals from Kyla and Popcaan was released as the second single.
- "One Chance to Dance", featuring vocals from Joe Jonas was released as the third single on 20th October 2017.
- He released a reworked edition of the Jackson 5's song "Dancing Machine" featuring vocals from Laura Mvula under the name of "Naughty Town", from an upcoming Motown covers album on 13th September 2017.
- He appeared on the final of the fourteenth series of "The X Factor" in December 2017.
- He then announced in January 2018 stating that his second album had experienced some delays due to legal issues as he wanted to call the album "Now That's What I Call Naughty", but was legally challenged over its similarity to the "Now That's What I Call Music!" compilation album series
- At the time of writing, Naughty Boy had completed studio sessions with Dua Lipa, Mike Posner, MNEK, Ray BLK, Joe Jonas, WizKid, Bebe Rexha, Paloma Faith, Tom Walker, Miguel, Calum Scott, Shenseea, Popcaan, Kyla, Ray BLK, Wyclef Jean, Craig David, and Julia Michaels but refused to confirm which were for his own album.
- After that, he released his collaboration with artist Ray BLK and Wyclef Jean titled "All or Nothing" on 18th April 2018.
- "Bungee Jumping" was released featuring vocals from Emeli Sandé and Rahat Fateh Ali Khan on 7th December 2018, "Undo" was released featuring Calum Scott and Jamaican dancehall artist Shenseea on 22nd March 2019.
- He was also part of the 'industry' panel for The X Factor spin-off series, "The X Factor: The Band" from 9th December to 15th December.
- As per English DJ Jordan North, Naughty Boy was originally supposed to appear as a contestant on series 20 of the British reality tv show "I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!" (2020) but dropped out at the last minute; North ended up replacing Naughty Boy as a contestant.
- Naughty Boy has also been working with British actress Jemima Khan and Indian Director Shekhar Kapur on their project "What's Love Got to do with It?" which is due to release in 2022.
- In the year 2021, Naughty Boy was announced as a contestant on the twenty-first series of "I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!".
Naughty Boy Awards and Achievements
- Nominated for the Young Achiever award at the British Muslim Awards in January 2015
- Honored with the Outstanding Achievement in Music Award at The Asian Awards in 2016
- Nominated for Brit Awards under Single of the Year in 2014 for his work in "La La La"
- Nominated for Brit Awards under British Video of the Year in 2016 for his work in "Runnin' (Lose It All)"
- Nominated for iHeartRadio Music Awards for his work in "La La La" in 2014
- Won Two times MOBO Awards for his work in "La La La" in 2013 under the Best Song
- Won Brit Asia TV Music Awards in 2012 under Best Non-Asian Music Producer and in 2013 under Best Non Asian Music Producer
Naughty Boy Personal Life: Who is he dating?
Naughty Boy is an unmarried man. At present, he is assumed to be single as there is no news and rumors about his dating, relationship, and girlfriend history as he himself has not revealed anything about his personal life to the media. He is enjoying his present life happily and he is focusing on his career at present.
In 2020, Naughty Boy joined the charity Dementia UK as an ambassador. Explaining his decision to join, he said "I'm so proud to announce that I'm an ambassador of Dementia UK and I hope that I can use my profile to raise awareness of the cause and the charity. With my mum's ever-changing condition and the pressures this places on the wider family, I understand how beneficial an Admiral Nurse would be." His profile on the organization's website reads: "With my mum's ever-changing condition and the pressures this places on the wider family, I understand how beneficial an Admiral Nurse would be. I'm learning about dementia all the time." In 2021, the producer launched Naughty Boy Kitchen, an organization that donates 10% of its proceeds to Dementia UK.
Is Naughty Boy Gay?
Naughty Boy is not gay but he is a strong supporter of the LGBTQ+ community. Many people assume Naughty Boy is gay, although this is only a rumor spread by fans. He has also been seen protesting in support of the LGBTQ+ community.
How much is Naughty Boy Net Worth?
Naughty Boy is a multi-talented man who is a DJ, record producer, songwriter, and musician. As of 2021, his net worth is estimated to be $3 Million. His main source of wealth is from the music industry and he is satisfied with his earnings. Appearing on "Deal or No Deal" in 2007, he won £40,000 and used the money to set up a recording studio in his parents' garden shed. He signed a three–year publishing deal with Sony ATV in 2012, as well as a recording contract to release one album under Virgin EMI Records. He is making an annual salary of $500K from his earnings. His net worth is increasing gradually every year. He is leading a cool lifestyle at present.
What is the Height of Naughty Boy?
Naughty Boy is a very handsome man who stands tall at the perfect height of 5 ft 6 in or 167 cm or 1.67 m. Whereas his balanced body weight has not been disclosed yet. He has a pair of black eyes and his hair color is also black. His body type is average. His other body measurements are still to get revealed yet. Overall, he has got a healthy body with a glowing face and charming smile.
Trivias About Naughty Boy You Need To Know.
- His real name is Shahid Khan.
- His parents were originally from Pakistan.
- His mother was diagnosed with dementia in 2019 after suffering a stroke two years prior.
- His Zodiac sign falls under Pisces sign.
- He won £44,000 on "Deal or No Deal" and spent the money on a studio in his parent's garden.