Nazanin Boniadi - Bio, Net Worth, Boyfriend, Age, Family, Height, Wiki
Nazanin Boniadi is an Iranian-British actress & activist who is known for her appearance as Leyla Mir in the medical drama "General Hospital" (2007–2009) and its spin-off "General Hospital: Night Shift" (2007). She made her first feature film appearance as Taylor in the romantic comedy film, Gameface, in 2007. She made her first TV show appearance by playing the role of Josie in an episode, titled The Many Lies of Derwin Davis of the American romantic comedy-drama series, The Game, in April 2007.
Likewise, she is best known for playing Nora in the CBS sitcom How I Met Your Mother (2011), Fara Sherazi in the Showtime spy thriller series Homeland (2013–2014), Esther in the historical drama film Ben-Hur (2016), Clare Quayle in the Starz sci-fi thriller series Counterpart (2017–2018), Zahra Kashani in the action thriller film Hotel Mumbai (2018), and Bronwyn in the Prime Video fantasy series The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (2022–present).
What is Nazanin Boniadi Famous For?
- For her appearance in several shows, including The Game, General Hospital: Night Shift, General Hospital, The Deep End, 24, How I Met Your Mother, Suits, Best Friends Forever, Grey’s Anatomy, Homeland, Scandal, and Counterpart.
- Being cast in a variety of movies such as Kal: Yesterday & Tomorrow, Iron Man, Diplomacy, The Next Three Days, Shirin in Love, Desert Dancer, Ben-Hur, Hotel Mumbai, and Fair and Balanced.
- For her extensive activism work as she has worked alongside several organizations and is also an advocate of human rights.
What Nationality is Nazanin Boniadi?
Nazanin Boniadi was born on 22nd May 1980 in Tehran, Iran. She was raised in London, England. She holds Iranian-British and her ethnicity is Iranian-British-White. Her parents moved to London less than a month later at the height of the Iranian Revolution. As a young girl, she performed violin and ballet. Her great-great-grandfather was 19th Century Persian Philosopher and Poet Hajj Mirza Hasan Isfahani, Hazrat Safi Ali Shah.
She studied at a private high school and then attended the University of California, Irvine from where she graduated with a bachelor’s degree, with honors, in Biological Sciences. While studying at the university, Nazanin Boniadi won the Chang Pin-Chun Undergraduate Research Award for their work in molecular research involving cancer treatment and heart transplant rejection.
Moreover, she also served as an Assistant Editor-in-Chief of UCI’s undergraduate medical newspaper, MedTimes. Afterward, Nazanin joined the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts and took a course in Contemporary Drama which she completed in 2009. She has not disclosed the details about her parents and siblings details. Her present age is 42 as of 2022.
How was the Career of Nazanin Boniadi?
- She started her acting career in 2006 as Leyla Mir on "General Hospital" and its SOAPnet spin-off series "General Hospital: Night Shift".
- She has also played supporting roles in several major Hollywood film productions, such as Charlie Wilson's "War" (directed by Mike Nichols), "Iron Man" (directed by Jon Favreau), and "The Next Three Days" (directed by Paul Haggis).
- Next, she appeared on the sixth season of the hit CBS show "How I Met Your Mother".
- In May 2013, Boniadi joined the cast of "Homeland" season 3.
- She also appeared in an eight-episode arc on season 3 of Scandal as antagonist Adnan Salif.
- She portrayed Esther, the title character's love interest, in the 2016 remake of "Ben-Hur".
- She narrated the soundtrack to the 2014 Iranian documentary film, "To Light a Candle."
- She starred with Dev Patel and Armie Hammer in the 2018 feature film "Hotel Mumbai".
- From 2018 to 2019, Boniadi received critical acclaim for portraying the series' regular role of Clare Quayle in the Starz espionage drama "Counterpart".
- In early 2020, it was revealed that Boniadi had been cast in an undisclosed role in "The Lord Of The Rings: The Rings of Power" on Amazon Prime.
- In February 2022, it was announced she would be playing the character of Bronwyn, described as a single mother and healer.
What is Nazanin Boniadi Net Worth?
Nazanin Boniadi is an Iranian-British actress who has a net worth of $2 million as of 2022. She is making her annual salary in between $500K-$1 Million at present. Her primary source of wealth comes from the entertainment industry. She appeared in a commercial, titled “The Swap”, for Nespresso alongside George Clooney in 2011.
She has also either endorsed or promoted a number of brands through social media which include the likes of CELINE, Dries Van Noten, J BRAND, Veronica Beard, Kenneth Cole Productions, Inc., Dean Davidson, Roger Vivier, Dolce & Gabbana, Christian Louboutin, NANUSHKA, and Malone Souliers.
She appeared in "Bombshell" which made a box office collection of $53.7 million. Similarly, she appeared in "Hotel Mumbai" which made a box office collection of $21.1 million. She is living a lavish lifestyle at present.
Who is Nazanin Boniadi Boyfriend?
Nazanin Boniadi is assumed to be single at present. She is enjoying her present life being single. She is currently focusing on her career rather than being in a relationship. Her sexual orientation is straight. She lives in Los Angeles, California.
Previously, she was in a relationship with a man for a long span of time which later ended as the Church of Scientology prepared her to become one of Tom Cruise’s girlfriends and a potential wife.
She then started dating American actor and producer, Tom Cruise, in November 2004. Later, they split.
In 2013, Nazanin Boniadi went out with American actor, Riley Smith. Later, they split.
How tall is Nazanin Boniadi?
Nazanin Boniadi has a tall height of 5 ft 3¾ in and her body weight consists of 52 KG. Her hair color is dark brown and her eye color is dark brown. She has an athletic body type. He has high cheekbones and a toned body. She stays fit by working out on a regular basis and she often shares her workout videos on Instagram as well.
She does exercises such as push-ups, mountain climbers, squats, and lunges. She also practices yoga. She also focuses on drinking a lot of water throughout the day and she tries to avoid caffeine and refined sugar as much as she can.
Trivias About Nazanin Boniadi You Need To Know.
- Boniadi is fluent in English and Farsi.
- Since she and her parents fled in her infancy, Boniadi has only once visited Iran, as a teenager.
- She was a spokesperson for Amnesty International USA (AIUSA), with a focus on the unjust conviction and treatment of Iranian youth, women and prisoners of conscience, from 2009 until 2015.
- In 2020, she was appointed as an ambassador for Amnesty International UK, with a focus on women and Iran.
- On 3 June 2011, Boniadi joined Sarah Shourd in a rolling hunger strike.
- She was a keynote speaker at Congresswoman Eddie Bernice Johnson's 13th annual "A World of Women for World Peace" conference in Dallas, Texas in May 2013.
- She has written op-eds for media outlets such as CNN, The Washington Post, and Defense One.
- She served as a member of the Board of Directors of the Center for Human Rights in Iran from October 2015 until February 2021.
- In 2020, she received the Freedom House Raising Awareness Award, and the Ellis Island Medal of Honor.