Facts About Neera Tanden
|Celebrated Name||Neera Tanden|
|Age||52 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Neera Tanden|
|Profession||Political Consultant , Government Official|
|Place Of Birth||Bedford|
|University||University of California|
|Net Worth||$2 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Political Career|
|Bra Cup Size||32C|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Neera Tanden is an American political consultant and former government official. She is president of the Center for American Progress. She has worked on several Democratic presidential campaigns. She has worked for presidential campaigns from Michael Dukakis in 1988 to Hillary Clinton in 2016. She served in several governmental positions under the Obama administration.
President-elect Joe Biden reportedly nominated Tanden to the position of the director of the Office of Management and Budget in November 2020. If elected, she would take the position under the Biden administration. She has also been associated with the Center for American Progress since 2003, of which she currently serves as president.
She has over 303k followers on Twitter.
What is Neera Tanden Famous For?
- Worked for presidential campaigns for Michael Dukakis, Bill Clinton, Barack Obama, and Hillary Clinton.
- Nominated for the director of the Office of Management and Budget by President-elect Joe Biden.
Where is Neera Tanden From?
Neera Tanden was born on 10 September 1970. Her birth place is in Bedford, Massachusetts in the United States. She holds an American nationality. She was born to immigrant parents from India. She also holds Indian nationality. She has a mixed ethnicity and has South-Asian-Indian ancestry. Her zodiac sign is Virgo. She has a brother named Raj. Her parents divorced when she was 5 years old. Her mother is Maya Tanden. Information about her father is not available at present.
Regarding her educational background, she attended the University of California, Los Angeles. She obtained her Bachelor of Arts degree in 1992. She then attended Yale Law School, where she obtained her Juris Doctor degree in 1996.
Neera Tanden Career
- She worked on Michael Dukakis's unsuccessful presidential campaign in 1988.
- She then worked for Bill Clinton's presidential campaign in 1992.
- She moved to Washington, D.C. after graduating from Yale Law School.
- She worked on domestic policy on Capitol Hill, in think tanks.
- She worked on Bill Clinton's campaign on new energy policies, and health-care reform.
- She worked as associate director for domestic policy in the Clinton White House.
- She also worked as a senior advisor in the First Lady's Office.
- She worked for Hillary Clinton's successful senatorial campaign in 1999 and 2000. She worked as deputy campaign manager and issues director.
- She worked as Senator Clinton's Legislative Director from 2003 to 2005.
- She later worked as policy director for Clinton's unsuccessful Democratic presidential nomination campaign in 2008.
- She was an unpaid adviser to Clinton's successful primary season nomination campaign and unsuccessful general election campaign in 2016.
- She worked for Barack Obama's presidential campaign in 2008. She was a domestic policy director during Obama's successful election campaign.
- Under the Obama administration, she served as a senior adviser to Secretary Kathleen Sebelius of the Department of Health and Human Services.
- She helped the Obama administration to draft the Affordable Care Act.
- She has been associated with the Center for American Progress (CAP) since 2003. She had a central role in its finding.
- She worked as Senior Vice President for Domestic Policy, Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs, and Chief Operating Officer before becoming president and CEO of CAP in 2011.
- She was named to New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy's Restart and Recovery Commission in April 2020.
- She has a regular column for The New Republic online.
- She has appeared on several television programs on several television networks including NewsHour with Jim Lehrer, MSNBC, CNN, Fox, and Real Time with Bill Maher.
- President-elect Joe Biden reportedly nominated Tandento the director of the Office of Management and Budget.
Neera Tanden Husband
Neera Tanden is a married woman. She is married to artist Benjamin Edwards. The couple first met while attending the University of California. They both volunteered on Michael Dukakis's unsuccessful run for President in 1998. The couple tied a knot to each other in 1999. The couple has 2 children together.
Neera Tanden Height
Neera Tanden stands at an average height. She has an average body weight and an average body build. Her eye color is dark brown and her hair color is also dark brown. Her sexual orientation is straight.
Neera Tanden Net Worth
Neera Tanden has worked with several political figures since her college years. She has worked for several successful as well as unsuccessful presidential campaigns. She has also been associated with CAP, of whose she serves as a president. She receives a decent salary for her service as a government employee. President-elect Joe Biden has nominated her as the director of the Office of Management and Budget. Her net worth is estimated at around $1 million at present.
Trivias About Neera Tanden You Need To Know.
- Her mother was on welfare for nearly two years after the divorce.
- She was a submissions editor for the Yale Law & Policy Review.
- She frequently describes herself as a progressive.
- She is a Democrat.
- She has written on Indian-American issues.
- She is a personal friend of Hillary Clinton.
- She is regarded as a loyalist and confidante of New Democrats Bill and Hillary Clinton.
- Tanden supervised debate preparation for Hillary Clinton's participation in the Democratic presidential nomination debates during 2007 and 2008.
- She was considered a candidate for a top White House job, had Clinton won the presidency.
- She has been described as one of the "key architects" of the Affordable Care Act.
- In 2018, reports emerged that Tanden had revealed the first name of a CAP employee complaining of sexual harassment.
- She has been a vocal critic of U.S. Senator and former presidential candidate Bernie Sanders, his policy proposals, and his supporters.
- She was named one of the 25 "Most Influential Women in Washington" by National Journal in 2012.
- Elle magazine honored Tanden during its annual "Women in Washington Power List" as one of the ten most powerful women in Washington, D.C in 2014.