Facts About Neil Patrick Harris
|Celebrated Name||Neil Patrick Harris|
|Age||50 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Neil Patrick Harris|
|Place Of Birth||Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA|
|Home Town||Ruidoso, New Mexico|
|Father||Ronald Gene Harris|
|Mother||Sheila Gail Harris|
|Education||La Cueva High School|
|Married Date||September 8, 2014|
|Son||Gideon Scott Burtka-Harris|
|Daughter||Harper Grace Burtka-Harris|
|Height||1.83m (6 feet)|
|Weight||80kg (176 lbs.)|
|Chest Size||38 inches|
|Waist Size||30 inches|
|Bicep Size||12 inches|
|Net Worth||$50 million (estimated)|
|Residence||Upper Manhattan neighborhood of Harlem|
Neil Patrick Harris is an American actor, writer, singer, magician, and producer. He is best known for he is known for playing the title character Douglas "Doogie" Howser on medical drama named Doogie Howser, M.D. He has also appeared in several films and TV series such as How I Met Your Mother, The Smurfs, Batman: Under the Red Hood, Stark Raving Mad, A Series of Unfortunate Events, etc.
Besides his acting career, Neil has been involved in several philanthropic works. He has contributed to various charities, organizations, and foundations including AIDS Healthcare Foundation, Elton John AIDS Foundation, Global Green organization, Hope North organization, and Feeding America organization, etc.
Neil Patrick Harris has a huge fan following in the social media platforms with around 8.5m followers on his Instagram account: @nph and around 26.2m followers on his Twitter account: @ActuallyNPH.
What is Neil Patrick Harris famous for?
- Playing the title character Douglas "Doogie" Howser on medical drama named 'Doogie Howser, M.D.'
- Being the first openly gay man to host the Academy Awards.
Where was Neil Patrick Harris born?
Neil Patrick Harris was born on June 15, 1973, in Albuquerque, New Mexico, the USA. He was born to his father, Ronald Gene Harris, and mother, Sheila Gail Harris. His parents were lawyers and also ran a restaurant. He was raised in Ruidoso, New Mexico along with his older brother named Brian Harris.
He holds an American nationality and belongs to white ethnic background. His zodiac sign is Gemini. He is of English, Scottish, and German descent. He believes in Agnosticism.
Regarding his education, Harris attended La Cueva High School in Albuquerque where he developed an interest in acting and films. He also appeared in several plays and musicals while attending that School. He started his acting career by playing 'Toto' in the school production of Wizard of Oz. He graduated with a high honors degree in 1991.
Neil Patrick Harris Career Highlights
- Neil Patrick Harris started his acting career as a child actor at age of 15 when he was spotted by playwright Mark Medoff who offered him a role in the movie adaptation of the novel 'Clara's Heart'. Harris won a Golden Globe nomination for his performance in the drama. The same year, he starred in the science-fiction comedy film, 'Purple People Eater'.
- In the following year, Harris landed the leading role as a teenage surgeon on ABC's medical drama 'Doogie Howser, M.D.' The show was a major hit and earned him two 'Golden Globe' nominations.
- In 1995, he starred as a drug-using teenager, Arnold Mosk in the thriller drama film, 'Animal Room'.
- Thereafter, Harris starred in several films and TV series such as 'Starship Troopers', 'The Proposition', 'The Next Best Thing', 'Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle', 'Undercover Brother', 'Blossom', 'A Family Torn Apart', 'My Antonia', 'The Christmas Wish', and 'Joan of Arc' etc.
- From 1999 to 2000, he was seen as Henry McNeeley in the NBC sitcom 'Stark Raving Mad' alongside Tony Shalhoub.
- Harris also appeared on several Broadway musicals such as 'Rent' (1997), 'Proof' (2002), 'Assassins' (2004), and 'Hedwig and the Angry Inch' (2014), as well as a critically acclaimed performance as the host in 'Cabaret' (2003).
- In 2005, he cast for the role of a womanizer, Barney Stinson in the 'CBS' sitcom 'How I Met Your Mother'. He continued to play the character till 2014.
- He has hosted several biggest award shows like Annual TV Land Awards, Tony Awards, Primetime Emmy Awards, and Academy Awards.
- In 2010, Harris voiced for the animated superhero film, 'Batman: Under the Red Hood' and a spy comedy film 'Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore'.
- In 2011, he was cast to play 'Patrick Winslow' in the computer-animated comedy film 'The Smurfs'. He went on to reprise his role as 'Patrick Winslow' in the film’s sequel 'The Smurf 2'.
- Harris was the host as well as the writer and executive producer of the American live television variety series 'Best Time Ever with Neil Patrick Harris' in 2015 but it was canceled after eight episodes.
- On January 15, 2016, he was cast in the television adaptation of 'A Series of Unfortunate Events', which was aired from 2017 to 2019.
- Recently he appeared in a miniseries named Home Movie: The Princess Bride in the episode of "Life Is Pain" which is premiered on Quibi in 2020. It is a fan-made recreation of the 1987 film The Princess Bride.
- In 2021, Harris will be seen in his upcoming projects such as 'The Matrix 4', 'The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent', and 'It's a Sin'.
- In October 2014, Harris released a memoir titled 'Neil Patrick Harris: Choose Your Own Autobiography', which spent two weeks on The New York Times Best Seller List.
- In November 2017, Harris released his debut young adult novel, 'The Magic Misfits', which is the first in a four-book series of the same name.
Neil Patrick Harris Awards and Achievements
- Neil Patrick Harris has won four times the prestigious Emmy Award thrice under the category of Outstanding Special Class Program in 2012, 2013, and 2014 respectively and once for Outstanding Guest Actor in a Comedy Series in 2011.
- In 1990, he has won a Young Artist Award and a People's Choice Award for his work in Doogie Howser, M.D.
- He has been praised with numerous awards and honors, including Spike Video Game Award, Satellite Award, Satellite Award, Peabody Award, and Drama League Award, etc.
- In 2010, he was named among the 100 most influential people by Time magazine.
- In September 2011, he was awarded a star on the 'Hollywood Walk of Fame'.
Neil Patrick Harris Husband
Neil Patrick Harris is a married man. He married his longtime love, actor David Burtka, on September 8, 2014, in Perugia, Italy. In August 2010, The couple announced that they were expecting twins via a surrogate mother and the couple became parents on October 12, 2010, with the arrival of son Gideon Scott Burtka-Harris and daughter Harper Grace Burtka-Harris.
Harris publicly announced his sexual orientation in 2006, making a statement in People magazine: "I am happy to dispel any rumors or misconceptions and am quite proud to say that I am a very content gay man living my life to the fullest and feel most fortunate to be working with wonderful people in the business I love."
Neil Patrick Harris Height and Weight
Neil Patrick Harris is a handsome man with a well maintained slim body physique in his late 40s. He has a fair complexion with blonde hair and blue eyes. He stands at a tall height of 1.83m (6 feet) while his body weighs around 80kg (176 lbs.). His body measurement includes a chest size of 38 inches, 30 inches waist, and 12 inches bicep size.
Neil Patrick Harris Net Worth
Neil Patrick Harris has quite great earnings from his professional career as an actor, singer, and producer. He also earns from his endorsement deals with several brands such as Old Spice, Heineken Light Beer, iPhone, and Cigna. His major source of income is his appearances in movies and TV series. As of 2020, his net worth is estimated to be $50 million. However, his salary is under review.
He lives in New York City in the Upper Manhattan neighborhood of Harlem.