Neve Campbell - Bio, Net Worth, Husband, Siblings, Age, Awards, Facts
Neve Campbell is a popular Canadian actress. She is best known for her role as Sidney Prescott in the Scream film franchise. She starred in five series of the film Scream but announced not to return for the sixth series. The film earned her recognition as a scream queen. She initially garnered recognition in Canada after she starred in the television film, Canterville Ghost in 1996. She made her Hollywood breakthrough after she played Julia Salinger in the teen drama series, Party of Five. She is also known for several other movies and tv shows and has won numerous awards and nominations.
What is Neve Campbell Famous For?
- Her role as Sidney Prescott in the Scream film franchise.
Where is Neve Campbell From?
Neve Campbell was born on 3 October 1973. Her birth name is Neve Adrianne Campbell. Her birth place is in Guelph in Canada. She holds Canadian nationality. She was born to her father, Gerry Campbell, and her mother, Marnie Neve. She belongs to the white ethnicity and her religion is Christianity. Her zodiac sign is Libra. She has Dutch ancestry on her mother's side and Scottish ancestry on her father's side. Her father immigrated from Glasgow to Canada. Her maternal grandparents ran a theatre company in the Netherlands. She has an older brother Christian Campbell and two half-brothers, Alex and Damian.
Campbell decided to ballet classes after watching the performance of The Nutcracker. She enrolled at the Erinvale School of Dance. She later moved into residence at the National Ballet School of Canada. However, a series of dance-related injuries ended her ballet dancing. She moved into acting at the age of 15.
Neve Campbell Career
- Campbell took acting classes at John F. Ross Collegiate Vocational Institute.
- She worked in theater around the time.
- She worked in 1980s Eaton's department store Christmas commercial and 1991 Coca-Cola commercials.
- She promoted Coca-Cola sponsorship on Bryan Adam's Waking Up the Nation Tour 1991-1992.
- She made her television debut with an uncredited cameo appearance on the series, My Secret Identity in 1991.
- She played the minor role of Laura Capelli on an episode of The Kids in the Hall.
- She landed her first starring role of Daisy in the Canadian drama series, Catwalk.
- She starred in several television series in guest roles.
- She garnered minor recognition in Canada after she starred in the 1996s television film, Canterville Ghost which won her a Family Film Award for Best Actress.
- She then moved to the United States to explore Hollywood.
- She landed the role of Julia Salinger in the Fox teen drama series, Party of Five in 1994.
- The role gave her a breakthrough in Hollywood. She earned recognition as a teen idol and was nominated for the Teen Choice Award for Choice TV Actress.
- She appeared in six seasons of Party of Five and the series ended in 2000.
- She made her feature film debut with the 1996 supernatural blockbuster, The Craft. The movie was a commercial hit.
- Her role in The Craft earned her an audition for the 1996's film, Scream. Director Wes Craven asked her to audition for the role.
- She garnered international recognition after she played Sidney Prescott in West Craven's slasher film, Scream in 1996.
- The film went on to receive critical and commercial success, becoming the highest-grossing slasher film for over 20 years.
- The film's success led to a franchise series.
- Campbell starred in the film series' second, third, fourth, and fifth installments.
- The role won her numerous accolades, including two Blockbuster Entertainment Awards for Best Actress, a Fangoria Chainsaw Award for Best Actress, a Saturn Award for Best Actress, and an MTV Award for Best Female Performance.
- She announced in June 2022 that she won't be returning for the sixth installment of the franchise due to a salary dispute.
- In the 1990s, she starred in films, Paint Cans, Wild Things, 54, Hairshirt, and Three to Tango.
- In the 2000s, she starred in films, Drowning Mona, Panic, Investigating Sex, Lost Junction, The Company, Blind Horizon, When Will I Be Loved, Churchill: The Hollywood Years, Relative Strangers, Partition, I Really Hate My Job, and Closing the Ring.
- In the 2010s, she starred in films, The Glass Man, Walter, Skyscraper, Hot Air, and Castle in the Ground.
- She voiced Adult Kiara in the 1998 animated direct-to-video musical romantic drama film, The Lion King II: Simba's Pride.
- She was honored with the National Award of Excellence at the 2016 ACTRA Awards.
- She joined the fourth season of the Netflix drama series, House of Cards. She played the role of the Texas-based political consultant LeAnn Harvey.
- She returned for the fifth season of House of Cards as well.
- She played Margaret "Maggie" McPherson, Mickey Haller's ex-wife in the television adaptation of The Lincoln Lawyer in 2022.
- She had starred in guest roles in several other television series.
- She will play the returning role of Raven in the Peacock tv series adaptation of Twisted Metal.
Who is Neve Campbell Husband?
Neve Campbell has been married twice. She first married Jeff Colt on 3 April 1995. They divorced in 1998. She then started dating John Light in 2005. They got engaged in December of the same year. They tied a knot with each other on 5 May 2007. They divorced in 2010.
Campbell then started dating actor JJ Feild. The couple welcomed their first child, a son, Caspian in 2012. They adopted their second child, a son, Raynor in 2018.
What is Neve Campbell Height?
Neve Campbell stands at the height of 1.66 m i.e. 5 feet and 5 inches tall. She has a body weight of around 130 lbs i.e. 59 kg. She has a slim body build. Her eye color is dark brown and her hair color is dark brown as well.
Her sexual orientation is straight.
What is Neve Campbell Net Worth?
Neve Campbell is a popular Canadian actress. She has spent over three decades in the entertainment industry and has starred in numerous movies and tv shows and is best known for her work in the Scream franchise film series. She is one of the highest-grossing actresses in the slasher film genre. She has also appeared in several television commercials. Summing up, she has made her fortune out of her acting career. Her net worth is estimated at $10 million at present.
Trivias About Neve Campbell You Need To Know.
- Her mother is a yoga instructor and psychologist from Amsterdam.
- Her parents divorced when she was two years old.
- She survived a bear attack at the age of 17.
- She has often been referred to as a sex symbol and scream queen.
- She has provided voice roles in several movies and tv shows.
- She was included on People magazine's list of "50 Most Beautiful People" two times.
- Bustle magazine described her as "one of the most recognizable faces in Hollywood".
- She was name-dropped in the dance-pop album, Dawn FM.
- She was referenced in the single, Here We Go... Again" featuring Tyler, the Creator.