Who is NFL Footballer, Zay Jones? Everything To Know About Las Vegas Raiders Wide Receiver
Zay Jones is an American NFL footballer who is currently playing for his current team, the Las Vegas Raiders of the National Football League. His playing position is Wide Receiver and his shirt number is 7 for Raiders. Initially, he played college football at East Carolina. He is also the all-time NCAA Division I career receptions leader with 399 and the all-time NCAA Division I single-season receptions leader with 158. He appeared in every game as a true freshman for East Carolina University in 2013. He finished as a finalist for the 2016 Biletnikoff Award for the nation's best wide receiver. Then, he was drafted by the Buffalo Bills in the second round of the 2017 NFL Draft. On 7th October 2019, he was traded to the Oakland Raiders for a 2021 fifth-round pick. On 19th March 2021, he re-signed with the Raiders on a one-year contract.
Derek Carr on Zay Jones: "He Works Harder Than Anybody on Our Team"
Raiders' quarterback Derek Carr was relying on his top target, tight end Darren Waller, from the start of the game and Waller ended up being targeted 19 times. But make no mistake, the Raiders would have not won (in a 33-27 overtime thriller) if it weren't for the production of Carr's wide outs when it counted. Jones was wide open on the game-winning touchdown in overtime and Edwards came through with three big catches late in regulation and in overtime. After the game, Carr was effusive in his praise of both Jones and Edwards. Carr on Jones:
"Zay is my brother, that's family. I said it over and over again, it's hard to throw at the schedule that I want to throw at because I got four kids. I'm trying to be home and be a dad too in the offseason. I have him get up early, I say it's to beat the heat, but it's really cause I need them to get going so I can go hang with my children and my wife in the offseason, but he's there every time. He's never missed one since he got here. And things happen, it doesn't matter, he's always there. He's always been there for me.
"When I needed him the most, he was there for me. Regardless if he caught that ball or even went on that route, he's family to me. But the fact that he did, I just get to celebrate him. I get to celebrate his success. He had a rough time in Buffalo, and he found home here. I hope he finds home here for a long time because I love that guy so much. The fans, it's a beautiful atmosphere, I think.
"Those of you who have done any Knights games, you really felt that college type atmosphere. It was very home field advantage. You felt the homefield advantage. This crowd here, same thing. Las Vegas, I tip my hat to you, you guys showed up. You guys were quiet enough for offense, but when our defense was up, it's one of the loudest places I've ever been in. Especially enclosed like that, it's up there. I would like to see the numbers on that, but it got really loud. Las Vegas, they did their thing, and helped us pulled that win. They were so loud, it's so hard to communicate. If one person doesn't get, which we had a lot of, a check or something, because we do a lot, I'm checking a lot, I'm doing a lot of things in Gruden's offense, if we miss one thing, the play is not going to work. If the crowd can help us do that for our defense, it's going to help us win football games."
What is Zay Jones Famous For?
- Being an NFL footballer for Las Vegas Raiders.
- For his collegiate play for East Carolina, with whom he finished his career in 2016 as the NCAA Division I career and single-season receptions leader in 2016.
What Ethnicity is Zay Jones? Know About His Family, Age, College
Zay Jones was born on 30th March 1995. His place of birth is in Dallas, Texas, the USA. His real name or birth name is Isaiah Avery "Zay" Jones. About his parents, he was born to this father, Robert Jones, and his mother, Maneesha Jones. His father is a former NFL footballer who spent ten years in the NFL. He also has two siblings; brothers namely Cayleb and Levi with whom he grew up. His uncle, Jeff Blake is a former American football quarterback who played in the National Football League for 14 seasons. By nationality, he is American and his ethnicity is African-American. His race is black. His present age is 26 as of 2021. Aries is his Zodiac sign and he follows the Christianity religion.
Talking about educational qualification, Zay Jones attended Stephen F. Austin High School in Austin, Texas, the USA. He then committed to East Carolina University to play college football.
Zay Jones Football Career Timeline
- Zay Jones started playing football since his college time where he played in 13 games and made eight starts as a true freshman at East Carolina in the year 2013 finishing second on the team with 62 receptions for 604 yards and five touchdowns.
- He had 81 receptions for 604 yards and 830 yards and five touchdowns as a sophomore.
- He recorded 98 receptions for 1,099 yards and five touchdowns as a junior.
- He set a school record for receptions in a game with 22 during his senior season in the year 2016.
- In addition, he became the NCAA Division I football all-time single-season leader in receptions with 158 for the 2016 season.
- He then became the NCAA Division I football career leader in receptions with 399, breaking the all-time NCAA record of 387 held by his former ECU Pirate teammate and future NFL receiver Justin Hardy.
- He was ranked the fourth-best wide receiver in the draft by NFL Media analyst Mike Mayock, the fifth-best wide receiver by ESPN, and was ranked the sixth-best wide receiver by Sports Illustrated and NFLDraftScout.com.
- Then, he was selected by the Buffalo Bills in the second round with the 37th overall pick in the 2017 NFL draft. The Bills signed him to a four-year, $6.77 million contract with $3.84 million guaranteed and a signing bonus of $3.07 million on 18th May 2017.
- He made his NFL debut on 10th September 2017 against New York Jets where he had one reception for 21 yards in the 21–12 victory.
- He recorded six receptions for 53 yards and his first career receiving touchdown against the New York Jets in Week 9.
- He finished with 316 receiving yards and two touchdowns in his rookie year in 2017 in 15 games.
- He missed much of OTA's during the 2018 offseason due to another injury stemming from an offseason incident and started training camp on the non-football injury list.
- He recorded his first touchdown of the season against the Houston Texans, a 16-yard pass from Nathan Peterman (who entered the game after Allen was injured), that briefly gave the Bills the lead.
- He caught another touchdown to go with 93 receiving yards, a new career-high in Week 10 against the New York Jets.
- Against Miami Dolphins in Week 13, the Buffalo Bills lost where Jones catches two scores in a 21-17 loss.
- He finished the 2018 season as Buffalo's leading receiver where he caught 56 receptions for 652 yards and seven touchdowns.
- He was then traded to the Oakland Raiders for a 2021 fifth-round pick on 7th October 2019.
- Against New Orleans Saints, he caught his first touchdown since 2018 in a 34–24 Raiders win in Allegiant Stadium.
- Later, he was fined US$15,000 by the NFL on 5th October 2020, for attending a maskless charity event hosted by teammate Darren Waller during the COVID-19 pandemic in violation of the NFL's COVID-19 protocols for the 2020 season.
- He re-signed with the Raiders on a one-year contract on 19th March 2021.
- He recorded two receptions for 46 yards, including a 33-yard touchdown to end the game as the Raiders won 33–27 in overtime during Monday Night Football against the Baltimore Ravens in Week 1.
NFL Career Stats
- Receptions: 126
- Receiving yards: 1,384
- Receiving average: 11.0
- Receiving touchdowns: 11
Awards and Achievements
- First Team All-American (2016)
- First Team All-AAC (2016)
Who is Zay Jones Girlfriend? Details About His Personal Life
Zay Jones is an unmarried man. He is possibly single at a moment as there is no news, rumors, and affairs about him dating anyone. Thus, he is currently building his career rather than being in a relationship. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay. He is living a happy life at present. He is also in search of a perfect partner who could understand him and with whom he can spend the rest of his life.
Back on 21st March 2018, he was arrested in Los Angeles for suspicion of felony vandalism. Moreover, he was also involved in an altercation with his older brother, NFL player Cayleb Jones, on the 30th floor of an apartment building. He allegedly smashed a window, resulting in cuts on his foot and blood all along the walls, and tried to jump out the 30th-floor window, but Cayleb and police prevented it.
How much is Zay Jones Net Worth and Annual Salary?
Zay Jones is a well-recognized NFL player who currently plays position WR for Las Vegas Raiders in the National Football League, the senior football league in the United States. The net worth of Zay Jones is estimated to have $2.5 Million as of 2021 and his salary is $1,000,000, including a $1,500,000 signing bonus. He was making a salary of $1,339,522 in 2020, $303,337 and $728,009 in 2019, $773,174 in 2018 and $465,000 in 2017. His major source of wealth comes from his football career and he is satisfied with his earnings. He is living a lavish lifestyle at present.
How tall is Zay Jones?
Zay Jones is a very handsome man with an athletic body type. He has a tall and perfect height of 1.88 m or 6 ft 2 in. His balanced bodyweight consists of 91 Kg or 200 lbs. His hair color is black and he has a pair of dark brown eyes. He frequently does exercise to keep his body fit and fine. Overall, he has got a healthy body with attractive body measurements.