Niall Horan - Bio, Net Worth, Famous, Band, One Direction, Songs, Albums, Lyrics, Tours, Merch, Dating, Wife, Nationality, Age, Height, Facts, Wiki
Niall James Horan, popularly known as Niall Horan is an Irish singer, songwriter, and stage designer. He rose to prominence as one of the members of the band One Direction. Horan gained fame after auditioning in the seventh series of the British singing reality series The X Factor. Niall, Liam Payne, Louis Tomilson, Zayn Malik, and Harry Styles were put together in a band. They went on to become a world popular boy band, One Direction. The band released five studio albums, 6 extended plays, and 2 video albums. The band went on hiatus in 2016. Horan then pursued a solo career. As a solo artist, he released 2 studio albums, 1 live album, and 2 extended plays.
He has over 22.9 million followers on his Instgram@niallhoran and over 39 million followers on his Twitter account.
What is Niall Horan Famous For?
- Member of the popular band, One Direction.
Where was Niall Horan Born?
Niall Horan was born on 13 September 1993. His birth name is Niall James Horan. His birth place is in Mullingar, Westmeath in Ireland. He holds an Irish nationality. He was born to a father, Bobby Horan, and a mother, Maura Gallagher. He has an older brother named Greg Horan.
Following his parents' divorce, Niall and his brother Greg lived with their mother for a year and later moved in with their father. He attended St. Kenny's National School and Colaiste Mhuire (Catholic boys school). His zodiac sign is Virgo. He belongs to White ethnicity. His religion is Christianity.
His brother gifted him a guitar at Christmas. He taught himself to play the guitar by following YouTube tutorials. He performed at the Mullingar Arts Center as a teenager. He also bagged a support slot with former X Factor contestant Lloyd Daniels at the Academy club in Dublin.
Niall Horan Career Timeline
- Horan auditioned for the 7th series of The X Factor in 2010. He sang "So Sick" by Ne-Yo in his audition.
- Horan sang "Champagne Supernova" by Oasis at Bootcamp. Horan failed to qualify for the category.
- The judges decided to put Horan in a group along with Harry Styles, Liam Payne, Louis Tomlinson, and Zayn Malik (they had also failed to advance to the next stage).
- Harry Styles came up with the band name, One Direction.
- One Direction went on to finish third in the competition.
- Following The X Factor, One Direction signed a recording contract with Simon Cowell's record label, Syco. The contract was signed reportedly for 2 million pounds.
- One Direction: Forever Young (Our Official X Factor Story), a book licensed by One Direction was released in February 2011. The book topped The Sunday Times' Best Seller list.
- One Direction performed on The X Factor Live Tour between February and April 2011.
- One Direction released their debut single, "What Makes You Beautiful" in September 2011. The single topped charts in several countries.
- One Direction released their debut album, Up All Night in November 2011. They released their album internationally in March 2012.
- One Direction's first album topped charts in several countries.
- The band became the first UK group to have their debut album reach number one in the US.
- Their debut album includes hit singles "What Makes You Beautiful" and "Gotta Be You".
- One Direction embarked on their first headlining tour, the Up All Night Tour. The tickets were sold out in minutes.
- One Direction released the tour's DVD, Up All Night: The Live Tour in May 2012.
- One Direction's first book to be licensed in America, Dare to Dream: Life as One Direction was published in May 2012. The book topped The New York Times Best Seller list.
- One Direction released their second album, Take Me Home in November 2012. The album reached number one in over 35 countries.
- One Direction became the first boy band in US chart history to record two number-one albums in the same calendar year. They also became the first band in US chart history to record two number-one albums in the same calendar year since 2008.
- One Direction hit singles from their second studio album includes, "Live While We're Young", "Little Things", and "Kiss You".
- One Direction embarked on their second headlining tour, the Take Me Home Tour. They performed over 120 shows over four continents.
- A 3-D documentary concert film, One Direction: This Is Us was released in August 2013.
- Their third book, One Direction: Where We Are: Our Band, Our Story: 100% Official was released in August 2013.
- One Direction released its third studio album, Midnight Memories in November 2013.
- The album includes hit singles, One Way or Another (Teenage Kicks)", "Best Song Ever", and "Story of My Life".
- One Direction's single "Best Song Ever" is their highest-charting single in the US to date.
- One Direction embarked on the Where We Are Tour. The tour grossed over $290 million, becoming the highest-grossing tour of 2014 and the 15th highest-grossing concert tour of all time. It is also the highest-grossing concert tour of all time by a vocal group.
- Their fourth book, One Direction: Who We Are: Our Official Autobiography was released in September 2014.
- Their second concert film, One Direction: Where We Are - The Concert Film was released in October 2014.
- One Direction released their fourth studio album, Four in November 2014. The album reached number one in numerous countries.
- Their album Four includes hit singles "Steal My Girl" and "Night Changes".
- One Direction embarked on the On The Road Again Tour in February 2015.
- One Direction released their fifth studio album, Made in the A.M. in November 2015.
- Hit singles from their fifth studio album include, "Drag Me Down", Perfect, and "History".
- The album reached number one in several countries. It reached number two on the US Billboard 200.
- One Direction then went on an indefinite hiatus in early 2016.
- He announced in September 2016 that he had signed a solo recording contract with Capitol Records.
- He released his debut solo single, "This Town" in the same month. The single peaked at number 9 on the UK Singles Chart.
- He embarked on a worldwide tour, Flicker Sessions 2017 in August 2017.
- He released his debut solo studio album, Flickr in October 2017. The album debuted at number one on the Billboard 200.
- He embarked on the Flicker World Tour in 2018.
- He released his first single titled "Nice to Meet Ya" from his second solo studio album in October 2019.
- He released his second solo studio album, Heartbreak Weather in March 2020.
Who is Niall Horan Dating?
Niall Horan is unmarried and reportedly single. No rumors about his current relationship have surfaced. However, in the past, he has been linked with numerous women. Among them, he officially dated Hailee Steinfeld in 2018. They reportedly ended their relationship in late 2018. Horan maintains a low profile regarding his personal life.
How Tall is Niall Horan?
Niall Horan stands at a height of 1.73 m i.e. 5 ft 8 inches tall. He has a body weight of 161 lbs i.e. 73 kg. He has an athletic body build. He has blue eyes and brown hair. He usually dyes his hair blonde.
What is Niall Horan Net Worth?
Niall Horan earns from his career as a singer. His income comes from contracts, record sales, concerts, tours, and endorsements. He rose to prominence as a member of the boy band, One Direction. They are one of the best selling boy band. Following their band's hiatus, he has continued his solo career. His net worth is estimated at $70 million.
Trivias About Niall Horan You Need To Know.
- His parents divorced when he was 5 years old.
- He had asthma as a child.
- He plays guitar and piano.
- He learned to play guitar following YouTube tutorials.
- One Direction became the only group in the 58-year history of the Billboard 200 albums chart to have their first four albums debut at number one.
- He performed alongside Maren Morris at the 51st Country Music Association Awards.
- He is a swing fan.
- He is a fan of The Eagles, Taylor Swift, Bon Jovi, Fleetwood Mac, Take That, The Script, and Westlife.
- He enjoyed playing football, Gaelic football, and golf while growing.
- He underwent major kneecap reconstructive surgery in January 2014.
- He is a supporter of the football club, Derby County.
- As an avid golf fan, he has participated in the BMW PGA Championship Pro-Am at Wentworth.
- He supports the Ireland cricket team.
- He is an avid rugby fan.
- He opened up about his diagnosis of mild OCD in April 2018.