Facts About Nicholas Brendon
Nicholas Brendon is an American writer and actor who is famous for the role of Xander Harris in the series "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (1997-2003). He played Xander Harris for seven years and appeared in all but one of 144 episodes. For his role as Xander, Brendon was nominated for Saturn Award in 1998 and 1999 for Best Genre TV Actor and in 2000 for the Supporting Actor. He is also the writer of "Buffy season 10" comic book. He has also played a role in the "Criminal Minds" (2007-2014) as Kevin Lynch. He has also a regular recurring part in TV series and starring roles in limited release films such as "Coherence" and "Big Gay Love".
Nicholas Brendon was arrested in Indiana on drug-related charges
"Buffy the Vampire Slayer" alum Nicholas Brendon is facing felony charges in Indiana for allegedly obtaining prescription drugs illegally and falsely informing officers of his identity. The 50-year-old, who played loyal pal Xander Harris in the horror-fantasy series, has had several run-ins with the law in recent years. His latest culminated in an arrest last week that produced a surreal mug shot photo of the once-clean-cut TV actor. As per the Terre Haute, Ind., police officer's probable cause affidavit-obtained Tuesday by The Times-Brendon was pulled over Aug. 18 after officers noticed him driving his silver Dodge Journey erratically. The affidavit said Brendon was "sweating profusely and appeared nervous due to a visibly racing pulse on his neck and shaking hands" when he was pulled over. Nicholas provided officers with a California ID bearing the name Kelton Schultz and initially claimed that was his name. They later found a pill bottle in his pocket containing amphetamine tablets prescribed to Schultz. When officers ran the license, they found a related warrant in Idaho under the alias Nicholas Bender, who has the same birth date as Schultz. The actor was born Nicholas Brendon Schultz and has a twin brother who goes by the professional name Kelly Donovan. While searching Brendon's car, police found a small plastic bag containing crystal/powder residue that officers suspected was meth or cocaine, the affidavit said. The officer also found another pill bottle with medicine prescribed to Bender. Several trim pieces in the near-new car looked broken or tampered with and the carpeting was cut in multiple places with suspicious marks visible on multiple screws, the affidavit said.
What is Nicholas Brendon Famous For?
- Being an American actor as well as a writer.
- For his role as Xander Harris in the TV Series "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and as Kevin Lynch in "Criminal Minds".
Who are the Parents of Nicholas Brendon?
Nicholas Brendon was born on 12th April 1971 in California, the USA with the birth name of Nicholas Brendon Schultz. He is the son of his father, Robert Schultz, and his mother, Kathleen Schultz. He also has a twin brother named Kelly Donovan and is also the brother of Kyle Schultz and Christian Schultz. His nationality is American and he belongs to the mixed ethnic background of German, French, and English. He celebrated his 50th birthday as of 2021. Aries is his Zodiac sign and he follows the Christianity religion.
About his education, Brendon completed his high school at Chatsworth High School. He graduated from Pasadena City College, a community school in California.
How was the Career of Nicholas Brendon?
- Nicholas Brendon's initial job was a waiter. After buying the wrong kind of Pop-Tarts for his co-workers, his boss fired him and told him "You should be acting."
- Then, he was attracted to the pilot script for "Buffy" because of how much he had hated high school.
- Later, he signed with a manager and obtained the role of Xander Harris on "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" three months later. He played Xander in all but one of the 144 episodes in the series, and even shared the screen with his twin, Kelly Donovan when his character was split in two in the fifth-season episode "The Replacement".
- He was part of a summit for writers of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" comics, which included Joss Whedon, Jane Espenson, Drew Greenberg, Andrew Chambliss, and the then-incoming Buffy writer Christos Gage.
- Currently, he is involved with the show's canonical comic book series, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season Ten", on stories centering on his character.
- After the series ended in 2003, he joined the Fox television pilot "The Pool at Maddy Breakers". In the year 2004, he co-starred in his first ABC Family movie, "Celeste in the City".
- In 2005, he returned to Fox as part of the cast of "Kitchen Confidential", based on the book by chef Anthony Bourdain. Thirteen episodes were made, but the series was canceled on December 9 of the same year after the fourth episode aired, due to low ratings.
- In the year 2006, he voiced Huntsboy #89 for season 2 of the animated series "American Dragon: Jake Long". That same year, he reunited with his former Buffy the Vampire Slayer co-star Charisma Carpenter in the ABC Family TV movie "Relative Chaos".
- From July 26 through August 30, 2006, he co-starred with Noah Wyle in the play "Lobster Alice" at the Blank Theatre Company in Los Angeles.
- He also appeared in the Blank Theatre's annual Young Playwrights Festival and its productions of The SantaLand Diaries (November 20 to December 20, 2009), and "Why Torture Is Wrong, and the People Who Love Them".
- In the year 2007, he began appearing on the TV series "Criminal Minds".
- In late 2010, he premiered his webcomic "Very Bad Koalas". In the same year, he began a four-episode arc on ABC's "Private Practice" playing Lee McHenry, a mentally disturbed man who assaults Charlotte King.
- Brendon currently has a recurring role in "Untitled Web Series About a Space Traveler Who Can Also Travel Through Time" along with Sylvester McCoy, Robert Picardo, Mayim Bialik, Chase Masterson, Rosearik Rikki Simons, Carrie Keranen.
Awards and Achievements
- 1998 Saturn Award for Best Genre TV Actor - Buffy the Vampire Slayer; Nominated
- 1999 Saturn Award for Best Genre TV Actor - Buffy the Vampire Slayer; Nominated
- 2000 Saturn Award for Best Genre TV Supporting Actor" - Buffy the Vampire Slayer; Nominated
- Named one of The Mighty's Mental Health Heroes of 2018
Who is Nicholas Brendon Wife?
Nicholas Brendon was a married man previously but as of today, he is single. He is enjoying his present life happily without any disturbances. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
Back then, Nicholas Brendon has been in a relationship with Marley Shelton (1991-1999). Then, he dated actress Tressa DiFiglia in the year 2000 and they got married the following year. However, the duo eventually separated in the year 2006. After that, he started going out with photographer Lauren Grasso in January 2007 and the duo remained a thing until the year 2009. After then, Brendon became romantically involved with Moonda Tee in 2013 and they got married in 2014 in Las Vegas, one week after proposing. Just 5 months after that, he announced via social media that they had separated. Tee claimed in a video posted to social media that this was because Brendon had cheated on her.
How much is Nicholas Brendon Net Worth?
Nicholas Brendon is a professional actor who is famously known for his roles as Xander Harris on Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Kevin Lynch on Criminal Minds. The net worth of Nicholas is estimated to have $3 million as of 2021. He has a salary of $400,000 annually as per sources. His major source of wealth comes from the entertainment industry and he is living a luxurious lifestyle from his career work.
What is the Height of Nicholas Brendon?
Nicholas Brendon is a handsome actor whose body build is slim. He has a height of 5 ft 11 inches and his body weight consist of 73 Kg or 161 lbs. His shoe size is 11 (US). He has a salt and pepper hair color and his eye color is hazel. He has a deep-set eye with arched eyebrows. Overall, he has got a healthy body and he frequently does exercise to maintain his body. His other body details are unavailable at a moment.
Trivias About Nicholas Brendon You Need To Know.
- For his role as Xander Harris in Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Nicholas Brendon received a Saturn Award nomination consecutively in 1998, 1999, and 2000.
- During his younger years, Nicholas Brendon aspired to become a professional baseball player but “lost the passion for it” at 20.
- Before his career as actor, he has done various odd jobs including plumber’s assistant, veterinary janitor, daycare counselor, waiter, and production assistant.
- In 2018, Nicholas Brendon was named one of The Mighty’s Mental Health Heroes.
- He enjoys painting and photography.