Nicholas Castellanos - Bio, Net Worth, Salary, Contract, Position, Age, Nationality, Wife, Family, Parents, Height, Facts, Parents, Ethnicity, Wiki
Nicholas Castellanos is an American professional baseball. His playing position is a right fielder. He is playing for the current team, Cincinnati Reds of Major League Baseball (MLB). Previously, he played for the Detroit Tigers and Chicago Cubs. His 58 doubles were the tenth-highest single-season total in MLB history and the most by any player since Todd Helton's 59 doubles in 2000, earning him the nickname "Nicky Two Bags." He appeared in the 2012 All-Star Futures Game and was named the Most Valuable Player of the contest. He made his MLB debut on 1st September 2013. On 31st July 2019, the Tigers traded him to the Chicago Cubs. Back then, he signed with the Cincinnati Reds.
Nicholas Castellanos interrupts the eulogy by hitting a home run
During Monday night's game between the Kansas City Royals and Cincinnati Reds, the Royals broadcasters were eulogizing World War II veteran George A. Gorman, who passed away on July 3, when Reds OF Nicholas Castellanos interrupted to do his thing. As the Royals' TV announcers were discussing the death of 96-year-old George Gorman, the father of a longtime Royals staffer, the Reds outfielder hit a game-tying bomb. "That's a great life, 96 years. Pat [the Royals employee], just like his dad, went to KU, also went to Bishop Ward high school. There's a drive into deep left-center field. There's never a great time to eulogize someone during the broadcast, so we apologize for the timing," as Castellanos hit it to nearly the same spot as the homer that Thom Brennaman may have ended his career on. "But our hearts go out to Pat, who has been just a tremendous loyal employee for the Royals for 26 years. And his wife Katie, as she lost her father in law, and their daughters Abby and Katie, who lost their grandfather. But they had him for 96 years. Sorry for your loss. Welp, Nicholas Castellanos was 0-for-2 with two strikeouts against Mike Minor curveballs his first time up, and that slider didn't quite slide enough...17th on the year."
- Being an American professional baseballer.
- Being the right fielder for the Cincinnati Reds of Major League Baseball (MLB).
Where is Nicholas Castellanos from?
Nicholas Castellanos was born on 4th March 1992. He is from Davie, Florida, the USA. His birth name of Nicholas Alexander Castellanos. He holds American nationality and his ethnic background is American-White. His race is White. He celebrated his 29th birthday as of 2021. About his parents, he was born to Michelle (mother) and Jorge (Jorge). His mother's family is based in Michigan. His younger brother, Ryan, played college baseball for Nova Southeastern University and was drafted by the Tigers in the 25th round of the 2015 Major League Baseball Draft. In the year 2017, his father was diagnosed with brain cancer. He follows the Christianity religion and his Zodiac sign is Pisces.
Regarding his education, Nicholas attended the American Heritage School in Plantation, Florida, where he played for the school's baseball team. He then transferred to Archbishop McCarthy High School in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, before his junior year. He was named Gatorade Player of the Year for the state of Florida after finishing his senior season with a .542 batting average, 34 runs scored, 41 runs batted in (RBIs), and 22 stolen bases while leading his team to the Class 4A state championship. In 2009 Under Armour All-America Baseball Game, played at Wrigley Field, he scored three runs, had four doubles and three RBIs, winning Most Valuable Player honors. The Sun-Sentinel named Castellanos the Class 6A-5A-4A Player of the Year. He committed to attend the University of Miami on a baseball scholarship.
How was the Career of Nicholas Castellanos?
- Nicholas Castellanos was selected by the Detroit Tigers with the 44th pick in the 2010 Major League Baseball draft. He signed with the Tigers, receiving a $3.45 million signing bonus, the highest bonus at that point ever given to a player taken after the first round. Tigers shifted him to third base as a professional.
- He also appeared in seven games for the Gulf Coast Tigers of the Rookie-level Gulf Coast League that season.
- He batted .312 with seven home runs and 76 RBIs, leading the Midwest League with 158 hits and being named the Tigers' minor league position player of the year.
- He began the 2012 season with Class-A Lakeland and was named the Tigers' minor league player of the month of May 2012.
- The Tigers optioned him to the Toledo Mud Hens of the Class AAA International League at the start of the 2013 season.
- He batted .276 with 18 home runs and 76 RBIs in 134 games for the Mud Hens. Moreover, he appeared in the Triple-A All-Star Game and was named to the International League's post-season All-Star team.
- On 1st September 2013, he made his major league debut playing as left field. He made his first major league start, and recorded his first major league hit, an infield single, off Danny Duffy on 7th September. He batted 5-for-18 with the Tigers in 2013.
- He finished his rookie season with a .259 batting average, 11 home runs, 31 doubles, and 66 RBIs. He was named the 2014 Detroit Tigers/Detroit Sports Broadcasters Association Rookie of the Year.
- He hit his first career grand slam off Mike Montgomery of the Seattle Mariners on 22nd July 2015.
- During the 2016 season, he set career highs with a .285 average, 18 home runs, .331 on-base percentage, and a .496 slugging percentage, despite being limited to 110 games.
- The Tigers avoided arbitration with Castellanos, agreeing on a one-year contract worth $3 million on 13th January 2017. He began playing games in the right field from early September to the end of the 2017 season.
- He finished 2017 with a .272 batting average while setting career highs in doubles (36), triples (10), home runs (26), and RBI (101).
- The Tigers avoided arbitration with Castellanos, agreeing on a one-year contract worth $6.05 million on 17th January 2018.
- He hit a career-high .298 in the 2018 season, adding 23 home runs and 89 RBI.
- On 11th January 2019, the Tigers avoided arbitration with Castellanos, agreeing on a one-year contract worth $9.95 million.
- The Tigers traded Castellanos along with cash considerations to the Chicago Cubs in exchange for Alex Lange and Paul Richan on 31st July 2019. His overall numbers for 2019 included a .289 batting average, 27 home runs, 73 RBI, and an MLB-leading 58 doubles.
- He signed a 4-year, $64 million contracts with the Cincinnati Reds on 27th January 2020.
- In a 2020 season shortened by the COVID-19 pandemic, he hit just .225, with 14 home runs and 34 RBI in 60 games.
- On defense, he had a fielding percentage of .963, the lowest among all major league right fielders.
- On 5th July 2021, he homered in the middle of a eulogy for a 96-year-old WWII veteran on the Kansas City Royals broadcast. It landed in the deep left field of Kauffman Stadium-the same location as during Brennaman's apology.
Awards and Achievements
- All-Star (2021)
- AL triples leader (2017)
Who is Nicholas Castellanos Wife?
Nicholas Castellanos is a married man. Firstly, he married his high school sweetheart, Vanessa Hernandez in the year 2015. The couple is also blessed with a son named Liam who was born in August 2013. They divorced in 2017. After that, he started dating Jessica Gomez in the year 2017. They married on 8th February 2021. As of today, the couple is enjoying their present life happily without any disturbances. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
How much is Nicholas Castellanos Net Worth?
Nicholas Castellanos is a professional baseball player. He currently plays for the Cincinnati Reds of Major League Baseball (MLB). The net worth of Nicholas is estimated to have $8 Million as of 2021. His major source of wealth comes from his baseball career. He has made around $44,017,753 as his MLB career earnings. He signed a 4 year, $64,000,000 contract with the Cincinnati Reds, including $64,000,000 guaranteed, and an annual average salary of $16,000,000. He will be earning $14,000,000 as a base salary while carrying a total salary of $14,000,000. He is living a standard lifestyle from his earnings.
How tall is Nicholas Castellanos?
Nicholas Castellanos has a perfect height of 1.93 m and his weight consist of 92 KG. His hair color is brown and his eye color is light brown. His other body measurements detail is still to get revealed yet. His body type is average. Overall, he has got a healthy body and he maintained his body a lot by doing frequent exercise.
Trivias About Nicholas Castellanos You Need To Know.
- Nicholas Castellanos made his MLB debut on 1st September 2013.
- His Zodiac sign is Pisces.
- His playing position is right fielder.
- He is playing for the current team, Cincinnati Reds of Major League Baseball (MLB).
- He was named Gatorade Player of the Year for the state of Florida after finishing his senior season with a .542 batting average, 34 runs scored, 41 runs batted in (RBIs) and 22 stolen bases while leading his team to the Class 4A state championship.