Nick Candy - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Wife, Family, Career, Wealth, Height
Nick Candy is a British luxury property developer as well as an interior designer. He is famous as the elder brother of Christian Peter Candy who is also a property developer. Initially, in 1995, Nick and his brother, Christian bought their first property, a one-bedroom flat in Redcliffe Square, Earl's Court, London. Using a £6,000 loan from their grandmother, the brothers renovated the £122,000 apartment while living in it. Eighteen months later they sold it for £172,000, making a £50,000 profit. In the mid-1990s, the brothers formed a property development and renovation company which they named Candy & Candy. Over time Candy & Candy moved up the property development ladder and the company is best known for building extremely high-profile, high-end real estate in London at present. In 2018, their company was renamed Candy Properties after which Nick became the sole owner. Some of their notable developments are One Hyde Park, Fitzroy Place, Chelsea Barracks, 9900 Wilshire, among others.
What s Nick Candy Famous For?
- Being a luxury property developer and interior designer.
- Being the brother of Christian Peter Candy.
- Being the founder of 'Candy & Candy' with his brother.
What Ethnicity is Nick Candy?
Nick Candy took birth on 23rd January 1973 with the birth name of Nicholas Anthony Christopher Candy. He is from the United Kingdom. He holds British nationality and he belongs to the British-French ethnicity. He was born as the son to his father, Anthony Candy and his mother, Patricia Candy. His dad, Anthony used to run an art studio and his mom, Patricia was a drama teacher. He has a sibling; a brother namely Christian Peter Candy. His younger sibling is a property developer like him. Aquarius is his Zodiac sign and he follows Christianity religion.
Regarding his educational qualification, Nick attended Priory Preparatory School and Epsom College. He studied for a business management degree at King's College London but did not graduate. Then, he graduated from the University of Reading, Berkshire with Honors in Human Geography.
Nick Candy Career Timeline
- Nick Candy initially bought their first property, a one-bedroom flat in Redcliffe Square, Earl's Court, London in 1995 alongside his brother, Christian.
- They brought the apartment for £122,000 and sold the apartment for £172,000 after eighteen months making a profit of £50,000.
- The brothers began renovating flats and working their way up the property ladder between 1995 and 1999.
- Moreover, he also worked with the advertising company, J. Walter Thompson.
- In the year 1999, the Candy brothers established their real estate firm, "Candy & Candy". Nick became the CEO of the firm.
- The brothers then worked on various real-estate projects. They made a huge impression on the project, 'One Hyde Park' in London.
- In 2004, the brothers sought an investment partner to help them buy the site of Bowater House in Knightsbridge, with plans to demolish it and construct 86 luxury apartments.
- After setting up a joint venture with Waterknights – a private company owned by the Prime Minister of Qatar – they purchased the site from Land Securities in 2005 for £150m.
- In June 2018, Candy & Candy has renamed Candy Property in order to reinforce Nick Candy's sole ownership of the business and to align with his wider portfolio of companies whereas his brother, Christian established his own firm, CPC Group in Guernsey. The CPC Group specializes in high-profile real estate development.
- Later, Nick diversified his interests outside of the real estate and developed a portfolio of global investments (often in high tech, leading-edge technology) through his private investment fund Candy Ventures.
- The website for Candy Ventures lists 18 investments within the companies portfolio, including Blippar, UK fashion house Ralph & Russo, and data processing company Hanzo Archives.
- He is currently in dispute with Ralph & Russo, which filed for bankruptcy in March 2018, in the UK High Court over a disagreement over the terms of a £17 million loan given by Candy Ventures to the company.
- He acquired a stake in Blippar and another tech start-up, Crowdmix, after both companies were placed into administration.
- His other notable development projects include the NoHo Square in 2006, Chelsea Barracks in 2007, and Beverly Hills 9900 Wilshire development in 2008, Gordon House.
- In April 2007, the Candy brothers acquired the Chelsea Barracks in a joint venture with Qatari Diar, part of the Qatar government’s investment arm. In what is believed to be Britain’s costliest residential property deal, the Candy brothers and the Qatari government have bought the 12.8-acre site from the Ministry of Defence for £959m. In 2010, Candy's CPC Group brought an £81 million lawsuit against the Qatar Diar after the latter pulled out of the project, which was later settled out of court.
- Recently, Chelsea fan Nick Candy is reportedly set to test Roman Abramovich's resolve of the club by making a £2.5billion offer this week. His £2.5bn proposal is said to include a £1.5bn plan for a rebuild of Stamford Bridge. It was recently claimed how the British tycoon had entered the race to buy his beloved side after it was put up for sale by their Russian owner. There are so many potential new owners coming forward to buy Chelsea, so it's impossible to say whether Candy will be successful or not. Abramovich is being forced to sell up following his country’s invasion of Ukraine.
Who is Nick Candy Wife?
Nick Candy is a married man. He tied a knot to his beautiful wife, Holly Valance who is an Australian-British actress and TV Presenter. Their wedding took place on 29th September 2012, in Beverly Hills, California which cost around £3 million. Their wedding was attended by the princesses Beatrice and Eugenie and their mother Sarah, Duchess of York.
Whereas other guest in their wedding included Nancy Dell’Olio, Simon Cowell, Tracy Emin, and Katy Perry. The duo is blessed with two daughters namely Luke Violet Toni Candy (born November 2013) and Nova Skye Coco Candy (born September 2017). His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay. At present, the happily married couple is living their life happily with their kids. He was the lead fundraiser for Conservative London mayoral candidate Shaun Bailey and was reported to have donated £100,000 to the Conservative party in March 2020.
How much is Nick Candy Net Worth?
Nick Candy is a property developer who has made a huge fortune from his profession. As of 2022, the net worth of Nick is estimated to have $2 Billion. He made this fortune by building homes for the rich and wealthy in the UK and the USA. Apart from that, he also earns through commission. In October 2018, it was reported that Nick Candy refinanced his penthouse at One Hyde Park with an £80 million mortgage from Credit Suisse in order to pursue rental opportunities. The property is reportedly valued at £160 million. In April 2021, Bloomberg reported that Nick had placed his penthouse on the market for £175 million. In August 2020, Nick also announced that his yacht, the Eleven Eleven was up for sale for €59.5 million. On the other side, the net worth of his brother, Christian Candy is $1.1 Billion as of 2022. His main source of wealth is from property developing work.
How tall is Nick Candy?
Nick Candy is a cool and handsome man. He has a tall and perfect height of five feet and ten inches matching with his body weight. His body measurements such as chest size, waist size, and more are unavailable at the moment. He has a pair of blue eyes and his hair color is brunette. Overall, he has got a healthy body with a charming smile attracting a lot of people towards him.
Trivias About Nick Candy You Need To Know.
- His birth name is Nicholas Anthony Christopher Candy.
- He belongs to British-French ethnic background.
- Aquarius is his Zodiac sign.
- He graduated from the University of Reading, Berkshire with Honors in Human Geography.
- He has a younger brother namely Christian Peter Candy.