Nick Kamen - Bio, Net Worth, Death, Death Cause, Personal Life, Married, Wife, Nationality, Age, Parents, Family, Height, Wiki, Levi's Models, Kids
Ivor Neville Kamen, popularly known as Nick Kamen was an English model, musician, and musician. Kame first came to the public's attention in 1984 after he was featured on The Face's front cover. He later garnered widespread attention after he appeared in the 1985 Levi's "Launderette" commercial. Kame was best known for the singles "Each Time You Break My Heart" and "I Promised Myself". He released 4 albums.
Kamen died at the age of 59 on 4 May 2021. He died battling bone marrow cancer for a long time.
What is Nick Kamen Famous For?
- For his hit singles, "Each Time You Break My Heart" and "I Promised Myself".
- Model for the 1985 Levi's launderette commercial.
Where is Nick Kamen From?
Nick Kamen was born on 15 April 1962. His birth name is Ivor Neville Kamen. His birth place is in Harlow, Essex in England. He held an American nationality. He had two siblings, Barry and Chester. His zodiac sign was Aries.
Regarding his educational background, he attended St Marks RC Comprehensive School, Harlow.
Nick Kamen Career
- Nick Kamen started his career as a model.
- Kamen initially garnered the public's attention after he was featured by Ray Petri on the front cover of The Face in 1984.
- He garnered further recognition after he appeared in the 1985 Levi's "Launderette" commercial.
- It was one of a series of Bartle Bogle Hegarty advertisements that dramatically increased sales of Levi 501s.
- The commercial came fourth in, The 100 Greatest TV Ads in 2000.
- Alongside modeling, he also pursued singing aside.
- He released his first single, "Each Time You Break My Heart" from his eponymous debut album in 1986. The single reached number 5 in the UK.
- Madonna and Stephen Bray had written and produced the song. Madonna also provided the backing vocals.
- His eponymous debut album was released in 1987.
- Kamen released his second studio album, Us in 1988.
- Madonna once again provided a backup vocal on his single, "Tell Me".
- The song, "Tell Me" spent 9 weeks at the number one position in Italy.
- Kamen performed the song "Turn It Up" on the soundtrack to Walt Disney's film, Honey, I Shrunk the Kids in 1989.
- Kame achieved another hit song in 1990. The single, "I Promised Myself" reached number 1 in eight European countries.
- The single was included in his 1990 Gold-certified album, Move Until We Fly.
- He released his final album, Whatever, Whenever in 1992.
- Cherry Red Records later released his debut album as a two-disc deluxe edition in 2015.
- It followed the six-CD box set The Complete Collection in 2020.
Nick Kamen Death
The former Levi launderette model, Nick Kamen died on 4 May 2021. Kamen died at the age of 59 after battling with bone marrow cancer for a long time.
Nick Kamen Wife
Nick Kamen maintained a low profile regarding his personal life. It is not clear whether he was married or not. During his prime, he had several high-profile relationships. He dated Talisa Soto, Tatjana Patitz and Amanda de Cadenet in the past. More details about his relationships will be updated soon. He did not have any children.
Nick Kamen Height
Nick Kamen stood at an average height. He had an average body weight. His eye color is blue and his hair color is dark brown. His sexual orientation was straight.
Nick Kamen Net Worth
Nick Kamen was one of the popular models and singers who rose to prominence as Levi's launderette commercial. After establishing himself as a model, he later pursued singing. As a singer, he released 5 albums. He earned from his modeling as well as singing career. His net worth was estimated at around $2 million around the time of his death.
Trivias About Nick Kamen You Need To Know.
- On his first magazine cover, he wore a ski hat, lipstick, orange roll-neck sweater, and aviator sunglasses.
- His 1988 single, "Bring Me Your Love" has a Cantonese cover version that reached number one in Hong Kong in 1989.
- Several artists such as Dead or Alive, A-Teens, Basshunter, and Maggers United has covered his hit single, "I Promised Myself".