Nikki Haley Bio, Net Worth, Husband, Age, Family, Salary, Party
Nikki Haley is an American Republican politician. She is famous for being the first woman to serve as Governor of South Carolina, and the second Indian American governor in the United States, after Bobby Jindal of Louisiana. Prior to this, she represented Lexington County in the South Carolina House of Representatives for several years. She ran for a seat in the South Carolina House of Representatives, in 2004. She won the seat, becoming the first Indian-American to hold office in South Carolina. She successfully ran for the seat of Governor of South Carolina in 2010 and assumed office in 2011. She was re-elected in 2014. She has been touted as a potential vice-presidential nominee for the Republican ticket in 2016.
In April 2021, she said she would support Trump for President in 2024. While speaking at Christians United for Israel's Washington summit in July 2022, Haley hinted at a run for president in the 2024 U.S. presidential election, saying, "If this president signs any sort of [Iran nuclear] deal, I’ll make you a promise: The next president will shred it on her first day in office," and, "Just saying, sometimes it takes a woman."
What is Nikki Haley Famous For?
- Nikki Haley is a diplomat and politician.
- Famous for serving as the 116th and first female governor of South Carolina from 2011 to 2017, and as the 29th United States ambassador to the United Nations for two years, from January 2017 through December 2018.
Who are Nikki Haley's Parents?
Nikki Haley was born on January 20, 1972, with the birth name of Nimrata Nikki Randhawa in Bamberg, South Carolina, USA. Haley was known under her middle name, a Punjabi name, from her earliest years. She is the daughter of Ajit Singh Randhawa and Raj Kaur Randhawa. Her parents are Sikh immigrants from Punjab, India. She holds American nationality and her ethnicity is American-Asian.
Her father was formerly a professor at Punjab Agricultural University, while her mother managed her own shop. Her mother received her law degree from the University of Delhi. Her parents moved to Canada after her father received a scholarship offer from the University of British Columbia. When her father received his Ph.D. in 1969, he moved his family to South Carolina, after accepting a position as a professor at Voorhees College, a historically black institution. Later, her mum earned a master's degree in education and taught for seven years in the Bamberg public schools. In 1976 she started a popular clothing boutique, Exotica International. It closed in 2008.
She has two brothers and one sister. Her sister, Simran, born in Canada, became a radio host and Fashion Institute of Technology alumna. Her brother, Mitti, retired as a member of the United States Army Chemical Corps having served in Desert Storm; her second brother, Charan, is a web designer. She began helping her mother at the shop as a young girl.
Her early work experience molded her into an extremely watchful person, a trait that would help her in her future career as a politician. After attending Orangeburg Preparatory Schools, she joined Clemson University, graduating with a Bachelor of Science degree in accounting. Her present age is 50 as of 2022.
Haley converted to Christianity in 1997. She and her husband regularly attend the United Methodist Church. She also attends Sikh services once or twice a year. She visited the Harmandir Sahib with her husband in 2014 during her visit to India. During a Christianity Today interview, when asked whether or not she hopes her parents convert to Christianity, Haley responded, "What I hope is that my parents do what's right for them."
Nikki Haley's Political Career
- Initially, she worked for FCR Corporation, waste management, and recycling company.
- She next joined her mother’s business, Exotica International, an upscale clothing firm, in 1994.
- The business soon grew to become a highly successful multimillion-dollar company.
- She later became active in civic affairs.
- In 1998, she was named to the board of directors of the Orangeburg County Chamber of Commerce.
- She was named to the board of directors of the Lexington Chamber of Commerce in 2003.
- She became treasurer of the National Association of Women Business Owners in 2003 and president in 2004.
- She chaired the Lexington Gala to raise funds for a local hospital.
- She also served on the Lexington Medical Foundation, Lexington County Sheriff's Foundation, and West Metro Republican Women.
- She was the president of the South Carolina Chapter of the National Association of Women Business Owners and was chair of the 2006 Friends of Scouting Leadership Division campaign.
- She became serious about her political career, in 2004, and ran for a seat in the South Carolina House of Representatives.
- She faced a challenge in the primary from incumbent Republican Larry Koon but went on to win the primary.
- She ran unopposed in the general election and won it to become the first Indian-American to hold office in South Carolina.
- She assumed office as the Member of the South Carolina House of Representatives from the 87th district in January 2005.
- In the same year, she was also elected chair of the freshman caucus and majority whip in the South Carolina General Assembly.
- She successfully ran for re-election in 2006 and 2008.
- As a Republican, she assumed a fiscally conservative viewpoint on taxation.
- She voted for a bill that exempted sales tax on unprepared food such as canned goods and voted against a bill to override the governor's plan to place a surtax on every cigarette produced.
- She supports implementing legislative reforms to address issues of illegal immigration.
- She consistently voted for bills that restrict abortion and protect unborn fetuses.
- In 2006, she voted for the Penalties for Harming an Unborn Child/Fetus law, and supported the Pre-Abortion Ultrasound law, in 2007.
- In 2009, she announced that she would be running for the Republican nomination for Governor of South Carolina, in 2010.
- She defeated the Democratic candidate, Vincent Sheheen to become the third non-white person to have been elected as governor of a Southern state after L. Douglas Wilder and Bobby Jindal.
- Haley assumed office in January 2011.
- She supported lower taxes and signed a law cracking down on illegal immigration in June 2011.
- Her popularity as a political figure continued to grow and she was sworn in for her second term in January 2015.
- She has been touted as a potential vice-presidential nominee for the Republican ticket.
- On May 4, 2016, after Trump became the presumptive presidential nominee, Haley denied interest in the vice presidential nomination.
- While speaking at Christians United for Israel's Washington summit in July 2022, Haley hinted at a run for president in the 2024 U.S. presidential election, saying, "If this president signs any sort of [Iran nuclear] deal, I’ll make you a promise: The next president will shred it on her first day in office," and, "Just saying, sometimes it takes a woman."
Who is Nikki Haley's Husband?
Nikki Haley is a married woman. In September 1996, Nikki Randhawa married Michael Haley; they celebrated with both Sikh and Methodist ceremonies. Her husband is an officer in the South Carolina Army National Guard. The couple has two children, daughter Rena (born June 8, 1998) and son Nalin (born September 6, 2001). Haley and her family reside in Kiawah Island, South Carolina near the city of Charleston. Her sexual orientaiton is straight. The duo is enjoying their present life a lot. Her sexual orientaiton is straight.
How much is Nikki Haley's Net Worth?
Nikki Haley is an American politician, diplomat, businesswoman, and author who has a net worth of $2 million. She is best known for being the former Governor of South Carolina. Nikki Haley served as U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations under President Donald Trump from January 2017 through December 2018. She earned the majority of her income from her political career which is her main source of wealth. She is making her annual income in between the range of $300K-$500K at present. She is living a lavish lifestyle at present.
What is Nikki Haley Height?
Nikki Haley is a beautiful woman with a height of 5 feet 9 inches or 1.73 m. Her body weight consists of 60 Kg. Her eye color is dark brown and she has black hair. Overall, she has got a healthy body with a charming smile. Her body type is average.
Did You Know?
- Her political party is republican.
- Her birth name is Nimrata Nikki Randhawa.
- She was known under her middle name, a Punjabi name, from her earliest years.
- Her parents are Sikh immigrants from Punjab, India.
- She is the first woman to serve as Governor of South Carolina, and the second Indian American governor in the United States, after Bobby Jindal of Louisiana.