Nina Wadia - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Facts, Married, Husband, Ethnicity, Family, Parents, Nationality, Awards, Salary, Height, Weight, Wiki, Shows, Kids
Nina Wadia is a British actress of Indian descent who is famous for portraying Zainab Masood in the soap opera "EastEnders". She is also well-known for her role as Mrs Hussein in the "Open All Hours spin-off Still Open All Hours", and for starring in the BBC Two sketch show "Goodness Gracious Me". In addition, she has appeared in the Hindi-language romantic comedy "Namaste London" in 2007. She also appeared in the series "Origin" in 2018. She played a wedding guest in the soccer film "Bend It Like Beckham". In 2021, she was announced as a contestant on the nineteenth series of Strictly Come Dancing.
Nina Wadia set to appear in Strictly Come Dancing 2021
Strictly Come Dancing confirmed on Thursday that Nina Wadia has joined the 2021 line-up. The former EastEnders star was announced on ITV's Lorraine, following a week of big reveals ahead of its return later this year. Nina said of the news: "I've always danced like nobody's watching, so if we blindfold the judges I could actually win Strictly 2021." She confessed: "I am so scared.... I like dancing like no one is watching, so we just need to blindfold the judges and I will win. "I think I should do this before I am too old and I can't walk anymore. I think this is the last year I am ever wearing heels. "I think a lot has happened in the last couple of years and I just wanna grab life by the balls and enjoy it!"
Why is Nina Wadia Famous For?
- Being an Indian-British actress.
- For her role as Zainab Masood in the BBC soap opera "EastEnders".
What Ethnicity is Nina Wadia?
Nina Wadia took birth on 18th December 1968 in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. She holds Indian-British nationality and her ethnic background is Mixed. She is of Parsi ancestry. Her present age is 52 as of 2020. Both of her parents died whereas she has two siblings; an older brother and an older sister (Nergist Wadia-Austin) with whom she grew up. At nine years old she moved to Hong Kong and was a student at Island School, Hong Kong. Sagittarius is her Zodiac sign. Her religious beliefs are unknown at a moment.
Regarding her educational qualification, Nina attended Island School in Hong Kong.
Nina Wadia Career Timeline
- Nina Wadia came to fame after her role in the BBC sketch show "Goodness Gracious Me", playing characters such as Mrs 'I can make it at home for nothing!' and one half of "The Competitive Mothers".
- Furthermore, she replaced Meera Syal, in the role of Rupinder in the sitcom "All About Me".
- Then, she was cast as Zainab Masood in the long-running BBC soap opera "EastEnders" in the year 2007. She made her last appearance on 8th February 2013. Back in 1994, she also appeared in a minor role in "Eastenders" playing a nurse named Viv who treated Michelle Fowler (Susan Tully) when she was hospitalized with a gunshot wound.
- What's more, she even appeared as Zainab in the 2010 spin-off "EastEnders: E20".
- She has also made several guest appearances in various British comedies and dramas, such as 2point4 Children, The Vicar of Dibley, Thin Ice Chambers, Holby City, Murder in Mind, Doctors, and New Tricks.
- Likewise, she was a regular presenter on the ITV topical chat show, "Loose Women" (2005-2006).
- She also appeared in the E4 teen drama "Skins" and appeared in the BBC Three drama "West 10 LDN" in March 2008.
- She played the wedding caterer in the comedy film "Bend It Like Beckham".
- Moreover, she played a scene-stealing role as the housekeeper in the film "I Can't Think Straight".
- She also had a minor part in the film "Code 46" (2003).
- She starred in a BFI/BBC film "Sixth Happiness" as well as she starred alongside Rishi Kapoor playing his wife in a Bollywood film titled "Namaste London".
- She had a role in Doctor Who as a doctor in the episode "The Eleventh Hour" and appeared in "All Star Mr & Mrs" as of July 2013.
- She next appeared in ITV's "Big Star's Little Star" in September 2013.
- She has starred in "Still Open All Hours" as Mrs Hussein since December 2013.
- In April 2017, she appeared as Khadija in "Finding Fatimah", a British romantic comedy.
- She played the minor part of "Zulla" in the live-action remake of "Aladdin" (2019 film).
- She appeared in the role of Anna Masani in the ninth season of the popular BBC drama series "Death in Paradise" in 2020.
- She had a small part in the fifteen-minute drama Isolation Stories alongside Sheridan Smith which was filmed via webcam due to the COVID-19 pandemic in the United Kingdom in 2020.
- Recently in 2021, she was announced as a contestant on the nineteenth series of "Strictly Come Dancing".
- Besides this, her radio work includes guesting on "Parsons and Naylor's Pull-Out Sections", as well as regular appearances in the BBC World Service soap opera "Westway" as the pharmacist Namita ul-Haq.
- She voiced the role of Ariel in a BBC Radio 3 production of "The Tempest" in 2001.
Awards and Achievements
- As a JDRF Ambassador, Nina Wadia has received an OBE in the 2021 New Year's Honours List for her services to charity and entertainment.
- Won 'Best Comedy Performance' at the 2009 British Soap Awards. Won Best Onscreen Partnership at the same awards ceremony for her onscreen relationship with Nitin Ganatra.
- Won the chairman's Award at the Asian Women awards in 2004.
- Nina was awarded the Outstanding Achievement in Television Award at The Asian Awards.
Who is Nina Wadia married to?
Nina Wadia is a married woman. She tied a knot to her handsome husband, Raiomond Mirza, the composer. The couple first met in Canada and married there in July 1998. Like Wadia, Mirza is a Parsi and the couple had a traditional Parsi wedding. As of today, they live in Staines-upon-Thames, Surrey. the duo is also blessed with two children. Her sexual orientation is straight.
Mina Wadia was involved in the Pakistan Earthquake Appeal Concert and Fashion Show, at the Royal Albert Hall in 2005. In addition, she has also been involved in campaigning for Save the Children.
How much is Nina Wadia Net Worth?
Nina Wadia is a well-recognized actress whose net worth is estimated to have between $1 Million-$5 Million as of 2021. Her major source of wealth comes from the entertainment industry. Whereas her exact salary is still to get disclosed yet. She is living a standard lifestyle as of today.
How tall is Nina Wadia?
Nina Wadia is a very beautiful and charming actress who stands tall at the perfect height of 158 cm or 5 ft 2 in and her body weight consist of 75 Kg or 165 lbs. Her body type is average. She has a pair of black eye color and her hair color is dark brown. Overall, she has got a healthy body. She has a body measurement of 32-26-32 in.
Trivias About Nina Wadia You Need To Know.
- Nina Wadia appeared as Zainab Masood in the soap opera "EastEnders".
- She has also appeared in the Hindi-language romantic comedy "Namaste London" in 2007.
- She also appeared in the series "Origin" in 2018.
- She played a wedding guest in the soccer film "Bend It Like Beckham".
- In 2021, she was announced as a contestant on the nineteenth series of Strictly Come Dancing.