Facts About Noah Baumbach
|Celebrated Name||Noah Baumbach|
|Age||53 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Noah Baumbach|
|Birth Name||Noah Baumbach|
|Place Of Birth||Brooklyn, New York City|
|Marital Status||Married But Divorced|
|Spouse||Jennifer Jason Leigh (M. 2005; Div. 2013)|
|Girl Friend||Greta Gerwig|
|Height||5 feet 9 inches|
|Net Worth||$16 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Entertainment Industry|
Noah Baumbach is an American screenwriter, film director, and producer is known for making comedy-drama films like The Squid and the Whale and The Meyerowitz Stories. Moving on with other films he wrote and directed a semi-autobiographical comedy-drama The Squid and the Whale that raised him to prominence. The film not only became a blockbuster hit but also garnered him several awards including the best dramatic direction and screenwriting awards at the Sundance Film Festival. It also won him several nominations including an Academy Award nomination for Best Original Screenplay. To know more about him through this article.
- An American screenwriter, film director, and producer.
- Making comedy-drama films like The Squid and the Whale and The Meyerowitz Stories.
Noah Baumbach's Early Life and Education
Going back to his early life, Noah was born in Brooklyn, New York City, the US to Jonathan Baumbach and Georgia Brown in 1969. He has three siblings. His father is an American novelist, academic and film critic, while his mother a Protestant is a critic of the American news and culture paper ‘Village Voice’.
Where is Noah Baumbach educated?
Concerning his education details, Noah attended Midwood High School in Brooklyn and graduated in 1987. Thereafter, he studied at the Vassar College in Poughkeepsie, New York and earned his BA in English in 1991. Following studies, he had a brief stint at The New Yorker magazine working as a messenger.
Noah Baumbach's Career
- Noah Baumbach kick-started his journey as film writer and director with the comedy film Kicking and Screaming that released on October 04th, 1995. The film premiered at the New York Film Festival and eventually made a position in many Top Ten lists. He also essayed the character of Danny in it.
- Kicking and Screaming had a long run on the Sundance Film Channel. It garnered Baumbach well deserved acclaim as debutant writer and director from critics. He was also selected among Ten New Faces of 1996" by Newsweek.
- The next film he wrote and directed was a romantic comedy Mr. Jealousy which premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival on September 11th, 1997 and later had its theatrical release on June 05th, 1998. He also produced the film and played the role of Arliss in it.
- In 1997, he also gave direction, co-wrote and acted in the comedy of manners film Highball. However after he disowned the film, the names of director and writer were mentioned as Ernie Fusco and Jesse Carter respectively.
- He then remained writer-director of the 2000 short film Conrad & Butler Take a Vacation.
- He went on to co-write the American comedy-drama film The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (2004) with American filmmaker, screenwriter, and actor Wes Anderson.
- The next collaboration of the duo emerged as one of the most remarkable films of Baumbach to the present. It was a semi-autobiographical American independent art-house comedy-drama film The Squid and the Whale that was inspired by Baumbach’s childhood days in Brooklyn, the divorce of his parents and its effect on the family. The film was produced by Wes Anderson while Baumbach contributed as its writer-director.
- The Squid and the Whale premiered at the Sundance Film Festival on January 23rd, 2005 and released in the US later on October 05th, 2005.
- Moving on he wrote and directed the family drama Margot at the Wedding that had Nicole Kidman, Jack Black and John Turturro in starring roles apart from Baumbach’s then-wife actress Jennifer Jason Leigh. The film premiered at the 34th Telluride Film Festival on August 31st, 2007 and was also screened at the New York Film Festival, the Toronto International Film Festival, and the Mill Valley Film Festival.
- In the ensuing years, he worked on several films in different capacities. These included producing American drama Alexander the Last (2009); writing and directing American comedy-drama Greenberg (2010) that received Golden Bear nomination at the 60th Berlin International Film Festival; and co-writing the blockbuster hit American 3D computer-animated comedy Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted (2012) with Eric Darnell.
- His next film as writer-director-producer was Naomi Watts, Ben Stiller, Amanda Seyfried, and Adam Driver starring American comedy While We're Young. The film was screened at the Toronto International Film Festival on September 06th, 2014, and released theatrically in the US on March 27th, 2015. It thrived critically and emerged as the most commercially successful film of Baumbach at the US box-office until such time.
- One of the most notable films of him as writer-director-producer was the American comedy-drama The Meyerowitz Stories starring Adam Sandler, Dustin Hoffman, Emma Thompson, Ben Stiller, and Elizabeth Marvel. The world premiere of the film happened at the Cannes Film Festival on May 21st, 2017.
- Other notable works of him include directing, producing and writing American comedy film Mistress America (2015) and co-directing American documentary film De Palma (2015) with Jake Paltrow.
- According to sources he has written and directed an untitled comedy film that is planned for a release by Netflix on November 30th, 2018. The film stars Adam Driver, Laura Dern, and Scarlett Johansson among others.
- In 2019, He wrote, produced, and directed Marriage Story, about a showbusiness couple's marriage breaking up. Starring Adam Driver, Scarlett Johansson, and Laura Dern, the film was released to universal critical acclaim on November 06th, 2019, with many ranking it among his best work.
Personal Life of Noah Baumbach
Noah Baumbach was married actress Jennifer Jason Leigh on September 02nd, 2005 after meeting her in 2001. Together they have a son Rohmer Emmanuel who is born in 2010. The marriage however changed into divorce in September 2013 after Jennifer filed for divorce citing irreconcilable differences on November 15th, 2010.
According to sources, he is dating Greta Gerwig since late 2011. Presently, the love birds enjoying their life happily.
Net Worth of Noah Baumbach
Noah Baumbach is an American filmmaker who has the sum of a good amount of money and salary from his profession in the field of the entertainment industry. As per online sites, his estimated net worth said to $16 million. However, his salary, assets, and vehicles are yet to be disclosed.
Body Measurements of Noah Baumbach
Noah Baumbach stands a height of 5 feet 9 inches and weighs around 75 Kg. Similarly, he has a pair of black eyes and hair color. His other body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.