Noel Gallagher - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Wife, Facts, Family, Career
Noel Gallagher is an English singer, songwriter, record producer, and musician who is well-recognized for releasing hit singles like Wonderwall, The Masterplan, The Death of You and Me, etc. as a part of Oasis (1991-2009) and Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds (2009-Present). He was the lead guitarist and the co-lead vocalist of the rock band Oasis until their split in 2009. He is one of the most successful songwriters in British music history, as the writer of 8 UK number 1 singles, and co-writer of a further number 1; and the sole or primary writer of 10 UK number 1 studio albums. Furthermore, he is widely considered to be one of the most influential songwriters in the history of British rock music, cited by numerous major subsequent artists as an influence. He began playing guitar at the age of 12. Joining the band, Oasis; their debut album, Definitely Maybe (1994), was a critical and commercial success followed by their second album, (What's the Story) Morning Glory? (1995). Their third studio album, Be Here Now (1997), became the fastest-selling album in UK chart history. Their final two albums, Don't Believe the Truth (2005) and Dig Out Your Soul (2008), were hailed as their best efforts in over a decade.
What is Noel Gallagher Famous For?
- Being a singer, songwriter, record producer, and musician.
- Being the chief songwriter, lead guitarist, and co-lead vocalist of the rock band Oasis until their split in 2009.
Where is Noel Gallagher From?
Noel Gallagher was born on 29th May 1967 with the birth name of Noel Thomas David Gallagher in Manchester, England. He is British by nationality and his ethnicity is British-Irish. His zodiac sign is Gemini and his religion is Christianity. His present age is 55 as of 2022. He was born to his mother, Margaret Sweeney, and his father, Thomas Gallagher. He was raised along with his two brothers, Paul and Liam. After the birth of Liam, Noel and his family moved to Burnage where he and his brothers attended St. Bernard’s RC Primary school. Noel was expelled from the school at the age of 15 for throwing a bag of flour over a teacher. In the documentary Supersonic, Noel quipped that his father "beat the talent into him", and that he'd never acknowledged or discussed the abuse with a mental health doctor or in a therapeutic setting. Both Paul and Noel struggled with stammers which were made worse by their father's abuse and were resolved with weekly sessions in four years of speech therapy. In 1976 Peggy acquired legal separation from Thomas, and in 1982 she left him, taking her three sons with her and continuing to rai
Noel Gallagher Career Timeline
- His career started after he began to teach himself to play guitar, a gift from his mother. He would play his favorite songs from the radio and was particularly inspired by the debut of the Smiths on Top of the Pops in 1983. Also, he performed their single "This Charming Man".
- Following a period of recuperation, he was offered a less physically demanding role in the company's storehouse, freeing up time for him to practice the guitar and write songs. He even stated that he wrote at least three of the songs on Definitely Maybe in this storehouse, including "Live Forever".
- He met guitarist Graham Lambert of Inspiral Carpets during a Stone Roses show in May 1988.
- He then auditioned for Inspiral Carpets to become the new vocalist of the band in his early twenties. Though he was unsuccessful in this attempt, he became a part of the band’s road crew which eventually allowed him to dream bigger.
- In the year 1991, he returned from the tour of Inspiral Carpets and learned about his brother’s involvement with a local band called "the Rain". He soon joined the band as a solo songwriter, which earned him the nickname ‘The Chief’. Soon after this, the band’s name was changed to Oasis.
- He claimed to have written Oasis' first single, "Supersonic", in "the time it takes to play the song".
- The band came out with its debut album "Definitely Maybe", in 1994. He briefly left Oasis in 1994 during their first American tour.
- Next, the band came out with six more albums, namely, (What's the Story) Morning Glory? (1995), Be Here Now (1997), Standing on the Shoulder of Giants (2000), Heathen Chemistry (2002), Don't Believe The Truth (2005), and Dig Out Your Soul (2008).
- On 28 August 2009, Gallagher quit Oasis after a fight with his brother, Liam.
- His first concerts without Oasis were announced on 1 February 2010.
- He confirmed that he would be returning to the studio in August 2010 to record drums for an unnamed artist.
- On 24 November 2010, Miles Kane revealed that Gallagher sang on a track from his debut solo album titled "My Fantasy".
- In 2011, he marked his presence in the music industry, with his rock band, Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds.
- In 2012, he released his first single, The Death of You and Me, which was followed by his second album "Chasing Yesterday" released on 2nd March 2015.
- The third album, "Who Built the Moon?" was released six years later.
- He along with his band served as the headline act of "We Are Manchester", a benefit concert to mark the reopening of Manchester Arena (following a terrorist attack there in May) on 9th September 2017.
- On 2nd May 2019, the band released "Black Star Dancing", the title track of their EP, which was released on 14 June 2019.
- On 5th August 2019, his band released the title track "This Is The Place" for a second EP which was released on 27 September 2019.
- He toured the United States with The Smashing Pumpkins in August 2019.
- He appeared on First We Feast's Hot Ones in October 2019.
- He released a new single 'Wandering Star' on 14th November 2019.
- On 29 April 2021, he announced the release of the band's first greatest hits album, titled Back the Way We Came: Vol. 1 (2011–2021). It was released on 11 June 2021.
- From 8 to 22 August 2021, Gallagher presented "The Radio X Residency" with his long-time friend Matt Morgan every Sunday from 7 pm to 9 pm on Radio X.
Who is Noel Gallagher married to?
Noel Gallagher is a married man. Noel firstly married Meg Matthews and got hitched in June 1997. He had met her in 1994 through her roommate, MTV presenter Rebecca de Ruvo, whom he was dating at the time and whom he left for Mathews. Their daughter Anaïs Gallagher was born on January 27, 2000. However, they finalized their divorce in January 2001. After the divorce was finalized, Gallagher claimed that he had never actually been unfaithful and had only claimed to have cheated on Mathews to speed up the divorce process. He then got married to Sara MacDonald on June 18, 2011, in a private ceremony at the Lime Wood Hotel in New Forest National Park. Together, they welcomed 2 sons – Donovan MacDonald Gallagher (b. September 22, 2007) and Sonny MacDonald Gallagher (b. October 1, 2010). His sexual orientaiton is straight and he is not gay. They currently live in Hampshire.
Previously, he has dated Melissa Lim, Diane Ann (1984-1986), Louise Jones (1988-1994), and Rebecca De Ruvo (1994).
How much is Noel Gallagher Net Worth?
Noel Gallagher served as the songwriter, lead guitarist, and co-lead vocalist of the rock band Oasis. As of 2022, the net worht of Noel Gallagher is estimated to have $70 Million which he made through the music industry. In 2019, Gallagher purchased a home in Hampshire. The country home is a notable departure from his West London residence, and it is believed that he made the decision so that his son could attend a posh school in the Hampshire area. His exact salary is still to get unfold yet but there is no doubt in the mind of his followers that he is making a considerable amount of money from her career work.
How tall is Noel Gallagher?
Noel Gallagher is a cool singer with the perfect height of 5 feet 8.5 inches or 174 cm. His bodyweight consists of 62 Kg or 136.5 lbs. His hair color is dark brown. However, his hair has turned salt-and-pepper with his advancing age. His eye color is blue. He has bushy eyebrows.
Trivias About Noel Gallagher You Need To Know.
- He is left-handed, but plays right-handed.
- Gemini is his zodiac sign.
- He has Irish ancestry.
- While growing up, he was physically abused by his alcoholic father.