Odion Ighalo - Bio, Net Worth, Current Team, Nationality, Contract, Salary, Transfer, Age, Facts, Wiki, Family, Married, Wife, Height, Career, Awards
Football and goals, everyone loves it. Today we are talking about Nigerian professional footballer Odion Ighalo who has scored 99 career goals and 4 national goals to date and is considered as one of the highest-paid footballers of Nigeria. The 28-year-old striker currently plays for Chinese club Changchun Yatai in the Chinese Super League and also for the Nigerian National team which qualified for the 2018 FIFA World Cup. Let's know more about him through this
What is Odion Ighalo famous for?
- A Nigerian professional footballer who plays as a striker for English club Manchester United, on loan from Chinese club Shanghai Greenland Shenhua.
Where is Odion Ighalo born?
Going back to his early life, Odion Ighalo was born in Lagos, Nigeria to Nigerian parents; Martina Ighalo and Paul Ighalo in the year 1989. He was interested in playing football from his early days as a child and joined the youth club of Prime FC to start his career. Similarly, he has a brother as well whose name is Daniel Ighalo. Information regarding his academic qualifications is yet to be
When did Odion Ighalo pursue his soccer career?
- Odion Ighlo began his football career from an early age and give continuity. After playing for a senior team of Nigerian football clubs, Prime FC and Julius Berger FC, he was signed to a Norwegian football team, Lyn in 2007 and made his debut for the club against Viking on a Tippeligaen match on 16 September 2007. He scored 9 goals in 20 appearances for Lyn.
- During July 2008, he signed a five-year contract deal with Italian Serie A side Udinese. During his stint with the Italian Club, he was loaned to various European clubs such as Granada CF on two separate seasons, AC Cesena and Watford FC.
- After his stay at the Italian Club, he went to England and played for English Premier Club, Watford FC whom he joined on July 29th, 2014. He played his first match for the English team in August and scored his first goal for Brentford in September 2014.
- He was named the Premier League Player of the month is December 2015 for scoring five goals for Watford FC.
- He was initially named as one of three overage players in Nigeria's squad for the 2016 Olympic tournament, but he eventually did not make the trip to Brazil. In June 2018, he was named in the 23-man squad for the upcoming edition of the FIFA World Cup in Russia, making his first appearance in the competition by playing 73 minutes in the 0–2 group stage defeat against Croatia.
- Currently, the Nigerian striker is signed to the Chinese Super League team, Changchun Yatai with whom he signed on 31st January 2017 for a transfer fee of $ 27.79 million.
- On 14th February 2019, he transferred to Shanghai Greenland Shenhua. The following month, he said he turned down a move to Barcelona the previous month.
Is Odion Ighalo married or not?
Odion Ighalo is a married man. He is married to a woman named Sonia since 2009. Together the couple has three children; two sons, and a daughter. Despite a busy schedule, he spends quality time with his family. He often visits the world mesmerizing his holiday destination with his family during vacations.
Further, He is very charitable as he set up various charitable organizations in Nigeria to poor people, children and to improve the education system. For his contribution, he was awarded BOA Awards in 2017.
What is the net worth of Odion Ighalo?
Odion Ighalo was a professional football player, He earns the sum of a good amount of money and salary from his profession in the field of the sports industry. As per online sites, his estimated net worth said to be $20 million and annual salary is somewhere around $14 million at present.
How tall is Odion Ighalo?
Being a sportsman, Odion stands a height of 6 feet inches and weighs around 73 Kg. Similarly, he has an athletic body with black hair and eyes. His other body information is yet to be disclosed.