Oleksandr Usyk - Bio, Net Worth, Wife, Nationality, Age, Career, Facts
Oleksandr Oleksandrovych Usyk, professionally known as Oleksandr Usyk is a Ukrainian professional boxer. Considered one of the greatest Ukrainian boxers of all time, he has won the world championships in two weight classes. He won the unified WBA (Super), IBF, WBO, and IBO heavyweight titles and the cruiserweight title. He also won gold medals at the 2011 World Championships and 2012 Olympics as an amateur.
As of October 2021, he is ranked as the world's second-best active boxer, pound for pound, by the Transnational Boxing Rankings Board and The Ring.
As of April 2022, he has compiled a 19-0 win record, 13 by knockouts.
What is Oleksandr Usyk Famous For?
- Won world championships in two weight classes.
Where is Oleksandr Usyk From?
Oleksandr Usyk was born on 17 January 1987. His birth name is Oleksandr Oleksandrovych Usyk. His birth place is in Simferopol, Crimean Oblast, Ukrainian SSR, Soviet Union. He holds Ukrainian nationality. He has two younger siblings, Anastasiya, and Mykola. He belongs to the white ethnicity and his religion is Orthodox Christian. The detailed information about his parents will be updated here.
Regarding his educational background, he is a graduate of Lviv State University of Physical Culture.
Oleksandr Usyk Career
- A teenage football player, he switched to boxing in 2002.
- As an amateur, he won several championships.
- He won gold medals at the 2011 World Championships and 2012 Olympics, both in the heavyweight division.
- He had previously won the gold medal in the light-heavyweight division at the 2008 European Championships.
- Before turning professional at age 26 in 2013, he competed in the heavyweight division of the 2012-13 World Series of Boxing (WSB) as part of team Ukraine Otamans where he won all six of his bouts.
- He signed with the Klitschko brother's K2 Promotions after turning pro.
- He made his professional debut in the cruiserweight division.
- He won his first professional title, the interim WBO Inter-Continental cruiserweight title in October 2014. He defeated South African boxer, Daniel Bruwer to win his first title.
- He retained his WBO Inter-Continental Cruiserweight title defeating Danie Venter (2014), Andrey Knyazev (April 2015), Johnny Muller (August 2015), and Pedro Rodriguez (December 2015).
- He won the WBO Cruiserweight Championship defeating the undefeated Polish boxer Krzysztof Glowacki in September 2016. He won via a 12-rounds fight with a judges' score in his favor of 119-109, 117-111, and 117-111.
- He retained his WBO cruiserweight title defeating Thabiso Mchunu (2016), Michael Hunter (April 2017), and Marco Huck (September 2017).
- He retained his WBO cruiserweight title as well as won the WBC cruiserweight title defeating Mairis Briedis in January 2018.
- He became the first-ever four-belt undisputed cruiserweight champion in June 2018 after he defeated Murat Gassiev via unanimous decision 130-108, 119-109, and 119-109.
- With his win against Gassiev, he retained his WBC and WBO cruiserweight titles and won WBA (Super), IBF, and acant The Ring cruiserweight titles. He held the title from 2018 to 2019.
- He also reached the World Boxing Super Series cruiserweight final.
- He signed a multi-fight deal with Matchroom Boxing in September 2018.
- He defeated Tony Bellew (in his last professional fight) in the eighth round in November 2018.
- He moved to heavyweight after defeating Bellew.
- He made his heavyweight debut against Chazz Witherspoon in October 2019. He won after Witherspoon retired after the 7th round.
- He won the WBO Inter-Continental heavyweight title in October 2020 after defeating Derek Chisora via unanimous decision.
- He defeated the unified heavyweight champion, Anthony Joshua, in September 2021 via unanimous decision.
- With his win over Joshua, he became a world champion winning the unified WBA (Super), IBF, WBO, and IBO heavyweight titles.
Who is Oleksandr Usyk Wife?
Oleksandr Usyk is a married man. He is married to Kateryna. The couple shares three children together, Yelizaveta, Kyrylo, and Mykhailo. The Usyk family lives in Kyiv, Ukraine.
More details about his personal life will be updated here.
What is Oleksandr Usyk Height?
Oleksandr Usyk stands at a height of 1.91 m tall. He has a body weight of around 100 kg. He has an athletic body build. His eye color is hazel and his hair color is black.
His sexual orientation is straight.
What is Oleksandr Usyk Net Worth?
Oleksandr Usyk earns from his professional career as a boxer. Considered one of the greatest Ukrainian boxers, he has yet to suffer a professional loss, as of April 2022. He has made millions from his boxing career. His income comes from contracts, prize money, and sponsorships. His net worth is estimated at around $4 million.
Trivias About Oleksandr Usyk You Need To Know.
- His father was a military man who worked as a security guard in Crimea.
- He played association football until age 15 and was trained at the SC Tavriya Simferopol.
- He retired from amateur boxing with a record of 335-15.
- He defeated Mexican Felipe Romero via fifth-round knockout in his professional debut in November 2013.
- He is the first cruiserweight champion to hold all four major world titles.
- He is one of three boxers to have unified the cruiserweight world titles and become heavyweight champion.
- In the wake of the Russian invasion of Ukraine, he briefly joined Ukraine's territorial defense forces.
- He urged Russian President Vladimir Putin to call off the Russian invasion of Ukraine.