Oli McBurnie - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Girlfriend, Height, Salary, Career
Oliver Robert McBurnie, professionally known as Oli McBurnie is a British professional footballer. He plays as a striker for EFL Championship club Sheffield United and the Scotland national team. He started his career with Bradford City, spending two loan spells at Chester. Oli later signed for Swansea City, spending time on loan at Newport County, Bristol Rovers, and Barnsley. He made his professional debut on 9th November 2013, in the FA Cup, appearing as a substitute whereas McBurnie made his full international debut on 23rd March 2018, in a 1-0 defeat to Costa Rica. He has also earned a lovely fan base on social media as he has gained more than 100K followers on his Instagram account and over 75.1K followers on his Twitter account.
Oli McBurnie Famous For
- Being a British professional footballer.
- For playing as a striker for EFL Championship club Sheffield United and the Scotland national team.
What is Oli McBurnie Real Name?
Oli McBurnie took birth on 4th June 1996 with the real name of Oliver Robert McBurnie in a Christian religious family. As his birthplace is Leeds, England, he holds British nationality and belongs to a British-white ethnicity. Oli has celebrated his 25th birthday as of 2021 and as per his birthdate, his star sign is Gemini. Thus, his race is white. He has not shared any details regarding his parents.
Regarding Oli's education, he attended Garforth Academy.
Oli McBurnie Career Timeline
- Oli McBurnie began his career at Leeds United's academy from a young age, playing with the likes of Lewie Coyle and Tyler Denton in the youth setup, before he was released at the under 14s level.
- He then joined Bradford City's academy, but played for Manchester United in the 2013 Milk Cup and was given a three-year professional contract by Bradford on 23rd August 2013.
- He made his professional debut on 9th November 2013, in the FA Cup, appearing as a substitute, and made his first senior start on 26th December 2013, at the age of 17.
- He joined Chester on a one-month loan deal on 22nd January 2015 and re-joined Chester on loan on 6th March.
- McBurnie joined Swansea City on a three-year deal for an undisclosed fee on 13th July 2015 and made his first appearances for Swansea in under-21 matches in Holland.
- He joined League Two club Newport County on an initial one-month loan in November 2015 and made his debut for Newport on 28th November in a league game against Luton Town, scoring a hat-trick after coming on as a 58th-minute substitute.
- On 7th March 2016, he joined Bristol Rovers on loan for the remainder of the 2015-2016 season and scored twice on his debut for Swansea's first team in the second-round 2016-2017 EFL Cup tie against Peterborough United on 23rd August 2016.
- He won the Premier League 2 'Player of the Month' award for January 2017 and in November 2016, McBurnie signed a one-year contract extension at the Liberty Stadium until June 2019.
- He appeared as a substitute in Swansea's first three matches of the 2017-2018 Premier League. and scored his first goal for Barnsley in a 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday on 10th February 2018.
- He was named the Championship Player of the Month for February and also received a call-up to the Scotland squad for his form.
- He signed a new three-year contract extension at Swansea City with the option of a fourth year on 12th July 2018 and scored his first league goal for Swansea in their first match of the 2018-2019 season a 2-1 victory against Sheffield United.
- McBurnie was the subject of a transfer bid from Sheffield United, which was rejected by Swansea in July 2019 and signed for Sheffield United on a four-year deal for a fee of £17.5 million, potentially rising to £20 million on 2nd August 2019.
- He scored the equalizer as Sheffield United drew Manchester United 3-3 at Bramall Lane on 24th November 2019. The goal was challenged by VAR but upheld. He finished the 2019-2020 season as Sheffield United's joint-highest goalscorer along with Lys Mousset on 6 goals.
- Oli McBurnie was called up for a training camp by the Scotland under-19 national team in September 2013 and was called up to the Scotland under-19 squad in November 2014.
- He made his debut in a 1-1 draw against the Netherlands and was selected for the senior national squad for the first time in March 2018, by new Scotland manager Alex McLeish.
- He made his full international debut on 23 March, in a 1-0 defeat to Costa Rica, and then took part in Scotland's mini-tour of Latin America two months later.
- He was not selected to the Scotland squad for the delayed UEFA Euro 2020 tournament due to an injury in May 2021.
Awards and Achievements
- EFL Championship Player of the Month: February 2018
- Barnsley Player of the Year: 2017-2018
Who is Oli McBurnie Girlfriend?
Oli McBurnie is an unmarried footballer. He's currently dating his girlfriend Niamh Fitzgerald. He has not however spoken very daringly and openly about his relationship, but he definitely shows his affection whenever the two are together. They have not yet made any plan for their marriage. Reflecting on Oli's sexual orientation, he is straight.
Furthermore, Sheffield United announced on 10th May 2021 that they would investigate a video being circulated on social media which appeared to show McBurnie involved in a fight. In May 2022 police announced an investigation into a video allegedly showing McBurnie 'stamping' on a fan, with McBurnie saying he was trying to step over the person.
How much is Oli McBurnie Net Worth?
Oli McBurnie is a versatile man who has a net worth of between $1 million to $5 million as of 2022. He also earns a fine amount of salary which is around €1,700,000 per year. With his calm and easy-going personality, he is expected to get more popular in the coming years, and we can expect him to climb the ladders of success. In addition, his major source of income is his football career.
What is the Height of Oli McBurnie?
Oli McBurnie stands at a tall height of 6 ft 2 in / 188 cm with a balanced bodyweight of 176 lb / 80 kg. He has light brown hair and dark brown eyes color. Moreover, his body build type is athletic.
Trivias About Oli McBurnie You Need To Know.
- McBurnie began his career with Bradford City, spending two loan spells at Chester.
- Born in England to a Scottish father and mother, he represents Scotland at international level, making his senior debut in March 2018.
- McBurnie started at Leeds United's academy from a young age.
- He joined Bradford City's academy, but played for Manchester United in the 2013 Milk Cup.
- He was given a three-year professional contract by Bradford on 23rd August 2013.