Facts About Oliver Pocher
|Celebrated Name||Oliver Pocher|
|Age||45 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Oliver Pocher|
|Place Of Birth||Hanover|
|Famous For||Famous as a German comedian, entertainer, television personality and host|
|Best Known For||Known for his talk show "Rent a Pocher"|
|Net Worth||$3 million|
|Height||5ft 7 inches(1.7m)|
Oliver Pocher is a German comedian, entertainer, television personality, and host who is best known for being the presenter of the German television show "Rent a Pocher" from January 2003- to 13 April 2006. Pocher first appeared on television on October 28, 1998, on Bärbel Schäfer's afternoon discussion program. In 2007, he published his solo album, "It's My Life — From the Life of a B-Promis."
Besides, he is active on the social media platform with around 1.8 million followers on his verified Instagram account: @oliverpocher and has around 746k followers on his verified Twitter account: @oliverpocher
What is Oliver Pocher famous for?
- Famous as a German comedian, entertainer, television personality, and host
- Known for his talk show "Rent a Pocher"
Where was Oliver Pocher born?
Oliver Pocher was born on 18 February 1978 in Hanover, West Germany. His birth name is Oliver Pocher. He holds German nationality. His ethnicity is White while Aquarius is his zodiac sign.
He was born as the son of Gerhard Pocher(father) and Jutta Pocher(mother). He was raised in his hometown, Hanover. His parents are Jehovah's Witnesses, and he was raised in the faith as well.
Later in 2007, he said that, unlike his parents, he no longer had contact with the organization because he "did not agree with their rules." He did his schooling at a local school in Hanover.
He successfully finished his insurance broker training at "Signal Iduna Bauspar AG". Then, he worked at various radio stations and also as a DJ in clubs and at family gatherings during the time of his apprenticeship.
He was also a member of the comedy ensemble Holla-Bolla and a performer on the German talk program "Birte Karalus". Later, he began working for the "Schweizerische Lebensversicherungs- und Rentenanstalt" (now SwissLife) and the "HDI Lebensversicherung AG" (now SwissLife) (HDI life insurance).
Oliver Pocher's Career
- Oliver Pocher started his career on October 28, 1998, by making his first television appearance on Bärbel Schäfer's afternoon discussion program.
- He then presented the show "Chart Surfer Trash Top 100, Was geht ab, Planet Viva" on 29 September 1999.
- In 2002, he had his show on VIVA Germany called "Alles Pocher,... or was?".
- Pocher got his career breakthrough after he presented the German television show "Rent a Pocher" from January 2003- to 13 April 2006. The show aired on ProSieben.
- He also presented the show "Trash Top 100" in 2004.
- In 2006, he presented the shows "Pochers WM-Countdown" and "Pocher zu Gast in Deutschland" on ProSieben.
- He then joined veteran late-night presenter Harald Schmidt's show on the Das Erste television channel, dubbed Schmidt und Pocher, from October 2007 to April 2009.
- From 27 June 2009 – 25 July 2009, he hosted the German show "Sportfreunde Pocher – Alle gegen die Bayern" on Sat 1.
- He also hosted his late-night show "The Oliver Pocher Show" from October 2009 to March 2011.
- He has been hosting "Samstag LIVE!" on Sky Deutschland since August 2011.
- Besides, Pocher is a well-established singer and has released various songs including "Ich kann nix dafür", "Bringt ihn heim", "Kennst du die Stars", and "Wir gehen nur zurück um Anlauf zu nehm'".
- He released the track "Schwarz und Weiß" in 2006, which was dedicated to the 2006 FIFA World Cup. He was cast as multiple pressbox speakers in a music video, and he performed the song in front of supporters dressed in Team Germany attire.
- In 2007, he published his solo album, "It's My Life — From the Life of a B-Promis."
- He has made his appearances in various films including "Durch die Nacht mit Moritz Bleibtreu und Oliver Pocher", "7 Zwerge – Der Wald ist nicht genug", "Vollidiot", "Alarm für", and "Frish gepresst".
- He portrayed the role of Rüdiger Hack in the 2010 German film "Hanni & Nanni".
- Pocher was slapped by online comic Omar, aka Fat Comedy while in the audience during a boxing bout in Dortmund on March 26, 2022, on Saturday evening.
Oliver Pocher Awards
- 3 Golden Bravo Otto in the category "Comedy"
- 2 Goldene Schallplatte
- Comet in the category "Beste Live-Comedy"
- Deutscher Comedypreis for "Beste Comedy-Show"
- Jetix Kids Award in the category "Coolster TV-Star"
- Radio Regenbogen Comedy Award
- Preis der beleidigten Zuschauer
Who is Oliver Pocher's wife?
Oliver Pocher is a married man. He is currently married to his second wife, Amira Aly. The pair married in 2017. They are blessed with two sons and have been living happily together in their home in Cologne, Germany since then.
Previously, Pocher was married to Alessandra "Sandy" Meyer-Wölden. They tied the knot in 2010 and later got divorced in 2014. They shared a daughter, Nayla Alessandra Pocher, and a son. He's also been chastised for making jokes at the expense of others. This has caused him to lose his celebrity relationships with "Kim Kardashian," "Sarah Conner," "Mariah Carey," and "Tom Cruise."
How much is Oliver Pocher worth?
Oliver Pocher has earned a handsome sum of money from his profession as a comedian, entertainer, television personality, and host. Pocher began his career in 1999 and has since progressed to become a well-known German comedian throughout his 23-year long career. He has made a lot of money hosting several discussion programs. As of 2022, he is expected to have a net worth of $3 million, which includes all of his earnings. With his riches, he is living a lavish lifestyle.
How tall is Oliver Pocher?
Oliver Pocher is a handsome man with a well-maintained athletic body physique in his early 40s. He has a fair complexion with blonde hair and a pair of blue eyes. He stands tall with a height of 5ft 7inches(1.70m) and has a body weight of 67kg(138 lbs).
Trivias About Oliver Pocher You Need To Know.
- Oliver Pocher has been married twice.
- Reports that Pocher had attended a Waldorf school were denied by his management
- He has released only album.
- He has four children.