Facts About P. J. Tucker
|P. J. Tucker
|38 Years Old
|P. J. Tucker
|Anthony Leon Tucker Jr.
|Place Of Birth
|Raleigh, North Carolina
|William G. Enloe High School
|University of Texas
|3; Aliyah, King Tucker
|Source of Wealth
|6 ft 6 in or 1.98 m
|111 KG or 245 lbs
|Milwaukee Bucks of the NBA
Anthony Leon Tucker Jr. famed as P. J. Tucker is an American professional basketball player. He is playing for the current team, Milwaukee Bucks of the National Basketball Association (NBA). His playing position is Forward. He made his NBA debut in 2006 for the Toronto Raptors. He played college basketball at the University of Texas, where he was the Big 12 Player of the Year in 2006. After his rookie season in the NBA, he played overseas for many teams, before successfully returning to the NBA in 2012, to play for the Phoenix Suns. He was the 2008 Israeli Basketball Premier League MVP and Israeli Basketball Premier League Finals MVP.
Boston Celtics expected to pursue PJ Tucker in free agency
PJ Tucker is garnering interest from the Boston Celtics as per the latest NBA rumors. Tucker joined the Milwaukee Bucks from the Houston Rockets midway through the 2020-21 season via trade and is currently gutting it out in the Eastern Conference Finals. He turned 36 a couple of months ago. Tucker's offense has been a non-factor for the majority of this campaign but this corner-three shooting ability and defensive versatility make him a valuable role player. As per Evan Massey of NBA Analysis Network, the Boston Celtics are expected to keep an eye on PJ Tucker this offseason. The Boston Celtics are evidently looking to find a balance between experience and youth on their roster, considering that they just brought Al Horford back via trade. PJ Tucker would also bring a veteran presence to a team that wants to ultimately compete for a championship.
- Being an American professional basketball player.
- Being a forward for the Milwaukee Bucks of the National Basketball Association (NBA).
Where is P. J. Tucker from?
With the real name of Anthony Leon Tucker Jr., P. J. Tucker was born on 5th May 1985. His place of birth is in Raleigh, North Carolina, the USA. About his parents, he was born Anthony Leon Tucker Jr. to a father named Anthony Sr. and a mother named Aleshia. His father gave him the nickname Pop Junior. Taurus is his Zodiac sign and he follows Christianity by religion. He holds American nationality and his ethnicity is Mixed.
About his educational qualification, he attended the William G. Enloe High School in Raleigh, he played basketball for his high school team. He was named North Carolina Player of the Year in 2002 and his jersey number was later retired. He enrolled at the University of Texas where he continued to play basketball at the college level. He then played three seasons at Texas and recorded 1,169 points stats in the 2005-2006 season. He was named a second-team All-American and the Big 12 Player of the Year in his junior year.
How was the Basketball Career of P. J. Tucker?
- On 26th July 2006, P. J. Tucker was selected by the Toronto Raptors with the 35th pick in the 2006 NBA Draft and signed a two-year deal with them.
- The Raptors then announced that Tucker had been sent to the Colorado 14ers of the NBA Development League on 5th January 2007. He was waived by the Raptors in order to free a roster spot for Luke Jackson on 24th March 2007.
- Then, he joined the 2007 Summer League roster for the Cleveland Cavaliers in the offseason.
- He won the MVP trophy and led his team, Hapoel Holon to the league title. Holon broke Maccabi Tel Aviv's 14-year streak as Israeli champions during 2007-2008 season. He was the 2008 Israeli Basketball Premier League Finals MVP.
- He signed with a BC Donetsk team for the 2008-2009 season. On 7th October 2009, he renewed his contract with Donetsk for the 2009-2010 season.
- On October 7, 2009, Tucker renewed his contract with Donetsk for the 2009-10 season in August 2010 and was released in March 2011. After that, he signed with Sutor Basket Montegranaro in April 2011.
- He signed a one-year deal with Brose Baskets Bamberg of Germany in July 2011.
- He signed a two-year deal with the Phoenix Suns on 1st August 2012 with a team option in his second year. He made his debut game against Golden State Warriors where he recorded 10 points, 2 rebounds, 1 steal, and 1 block in an 87-85 loss. He scored a then career-high 15 points in a 111-108 overtime win over the New Orleans Hornets on 23rd November 2012.
- He next recorded 16 points, a career-high 15 rebounds, and 4 steals in a 122-109 win over the Warriors on 8th February 2014.
- On 23rd July, he re-signed with the Suns to a three-year, $16.5 million contract.
- On 25th January 2016, he recorded a career-high eight assists in a loss to the Philadelphia 76ers. He played in all 82 games for the Suns in the 2015-2016 season.
- He underwent a successful low back microdiscectomy procedure and was subsequently ruled out for six to eight weeks on 15th September 2016.
- He scored a season-high 21 points against the Denver Nuggets on 27th November 2016.
- He was traded back to the Toronto Raptors on 23rd February 2017. On 15th April 2017, after playing 418 games over seven seasons, he made his playoff debut in the Raptors' 97-83 loss to the Milwaukee Bucks in Game 1 of their first-round playoff series. He had 14 points and 12 rebounds in his first career playoff start.
- He signed a four-year, $32 million contract with the Houston Rockets on 6th July 2017. He made his debut match on 17th October 2017 where he scored 20 points in a 122-121 win over the Golden State Warriors. He set a career-high with seven 3-pointers and scored a season-high 21 points in a 125-113 win over the Denver Nuggets on 7th January 2019.
- Prior to his exit, he posted career lows in points per game (4.4), field goal percentage (36.6%), and 3-point percentage (31.4%) in the 2020/21 season.
- He was then traded to the Milwaukee Bucks on 19th March 2021. He made his debut in a 120-113 win against San Antonio Spurs with zero points, three boards, and one block in 13 minutes on 20th March 2021.
Awards and Achievements
- German League Champion (2012)
- German League Finals MVP (2012)
- German Cup Champion (2012)
- German Champions Cup (2012)
- German League All-Star (2012)
- German League Import Player of the Year (2012)
- Israeli Super League Champion (2008)
- Israeli Super League MVP (2008)
- Israeli Basketball Premier League Finals MVP (2008)
- Ukrainian SuperLeague All-Star (2009)
- Consensus second-team All-American (2006)
- Big 12 Player of the Year (2006)
- Big 12 All-Freshman Team (2004)
Who is P.J. Tucker married to?
Married man, P.J. Tucker tied to his long-time girlfriend, Tracy Tucker. The couple is also blessed with two children; a daughter named Aliyah and a son named King Tucker. Back then, the two did split up for a while in the past. It was rumored that the two separated due to Tucker having an external girlfriend while he was married. However, their love bond has kept them together. There is no information about how and where they met or even other details of their love life. He also had a fling with Blac Chyna in 2015. He also has a love child besides his two children with his wife. P. J. Tucker's other child was born on January 30, 2017, by a woman known by the name Taunishia Zoa. t was also gathered that Tucker’s wife, Tracy, is aware of his baby mama and the child. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
How much is P. J. Tucker Net Worth?
As of 2021, the net worth of P. J. Tucker is estimated to have $13 Million as per sources. Back then, he signed a four-year $32 million contract with Huston Rockets in February of 2017. His base salary is $7,969,537, while carrying a cap hit of $7,969,537 and a dead cap value of $18,887,764 in 2018-2019 season. He claimed that he spent $200,000 to buy sneakers alone in the last season. He also bought a $25,000 beaded Balmain jacket in Paris. He is living a luxurious lifestyle from his earnings. His major source of wealth comes from his basketball career.
How tall is P. J. Tucker?
P. J. Tucker has an Athletic body build. His height is measured as 6 feet 6 inches (1.98 m) while his weight is 111 kg (245 lbs). He stores hundreds of pairs of basketball shoes in at least four different locations across the country. He self-proclaimed himself as a “sneakerhead” and on August 22, 2016, SLAM Magazine named Tucker the solidified number 1 sneakerhead in the NBA, due to not only his number of shoes but also their quality. His other body measurements have not been disclosed yet.
Trivias About P. J. Tucker You Need To Know.
- P. J. Tucker is playing for the current team, Milwaukee Bucks.
- He played college basketball at the University of Texas.
- He made his NBA debut in 2006 for the Toronto Raptors.
- His playing position is Forward.
- He was the 2008 Israeli Basketball Premier League MVP, and Israeli Basketball Premier League Finals MVP.
- His real name is Anthony Leon Tucker Jr.