Paddy McNair - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Salary, Contract, Family, Girlfriend, Facts, Nationality, Height, Awards, Current Team, Transfer, Career, Position
Patrick James Coleman McNair, excellently known as Paddy McNair is a Northern Irish professional footballer. He is well recognized for winning as a defender or a midfielder for Championship club Middlesbrough and the Northern Ireland national team. When he was just twelve years old, he was scouted by Manchester United. He signed for Manchester United in 2011 and made his professional debut for them in the Premier League in September 2014. Before joining the youth division of the team in 2011, he also played for the Ballyclare Colts. As a starter in his first senior game with Manchester United, Paddy helped the team defeat West Ham United. He scored his first international goal against Belarus in a UEFA Euro 2020 qualifier on 11th June 2019. Additionally, he was named Middlesbrough Player of the Year for the 2020-2021 season on 22nd May 2021.
Paddy McNair pinpoints key mistake Manchester United made in Middlesbrough FA Cup upset
Paddy McNair says Manchester United's missed chances fuelled Middlesbrough's belief in causing an FA Cup upset at Old Trafford. "It was unbelievable," he told ITV Sport. "We started the first half quite slowly, and then in the second half, I thought we played really well. I think we deserved the win overall. "They weren't taking their chances, so every time they missed, that gave us a lift. Obviously, Ronaldo's penalty in the first half was a big moment too. "Of the last ten games, I think we have won eight. We are in very good form. When you come to a stadium like this, you are going to have to ride your luck at times but overall it was a great way to finish it."
What is Paddy McNair Famous For?
- Being a Northern Irish professional footballer.
- For winning as a defender or a midfielder for Championship club Middlesbrough and the Northern Ireland national team.
What Nationality is Paddy McNair?
Paddy McNair opened his eyes for the very first time on 27th April 1995 in Ballyclare, Northern Ireland. He was born with the real name of Patrick James Coleman in a Christian religious family. He is of Irish nationality and he came from Irish-white ethnic background. Paddy has celebrated his 26th birthday as of 2021 and as per his birthdate, his zodiac sign is Taurus. Thus, his race is white. Paddy has not shared any details regarding his parents.
What does Paddy McNair do for a living?
- Paddy McNair kicks off his football career playing with Ballyclare Colts and was first discovered by Manchester United's Northern Ireland-based scout, Tony Coulter when McNair was 12 after which he eventually signed for the club in 2011.
- Then he made his senior debut for United on 27th September 2014 against West Ham United in a 2-1 victory in the Premier League at Old Trafford.
- He was in the starting line-up for a FA Cup third-round tie with Yeovil Town which concluded with a 2-0 result on 4th January 2015, playing as a right-back in a 3-5-2 formation.
- He signed a new contract with Manchester United on 10th February 2015, keeping him at the club until June 2017.
- Later he made his first start of the 2015-2016 season for Manchester United alongside team-mates Daley Blind and Chris Smalling in a three-man defense against Leicester City. The match ended in a 1-1 draw.
- McNair signed a four-year contract with Sunderland on 11th August 2016 and made his debut in an away fixture against Manchester City, coming on as a substitute in the 83rd-minute for Jermain Defoe.
- He scored a brace for Sunderland in their 2-1 EFL Cup third-round win against Queens Park Rangers on 21st September which was his first two professional goals.
- He ruptured his ACL in a 3-0 win over Hull City on 20th November and Sunderland stated it was likely that he would miss the remainder of the season.
- As well, he scored the first league goal of his career, equalizing in a 3-3 draw with Bolton Wanderers at the Stadium of Light four minutes after coming on in place of Darron Gibson.
- Subsequently, "The Sunderland Echo" praised his second season, which ended with the club's second consecutive relegation.
- Paddy signed a four-year deal at Championship club Middlesbrough on 26th June 2018, for a fee that could rise past £5 million and made his debut in the first game of the season, a 3-0 win over Sheffield United on 7th August in which he came on in the 71st minute for Jonathan Howson.
- On 24th August, he scored his first goal for Middlesbrough in a 1-1 draw with Millwall and was named Middlesbrough Player of the Year for the 2020-2021 season on 22nd May 2021.
- Paddy McNair was called up to the Northern Ireland senior team for the first time on 4th November 2014, ahead of a UEFA Euro 2016 qualifying match away to Romania, but did not play.
- He made his debut on 25th March 2015 in a friendly against Scotland at Hampden Park, playing the entirety of a 1-0 defeat as well as made his competitive debut on 4th September 2015 in a 3-1 away win over the Faroe Islands in a European qualifier.
- He was drafted into the starting line-up for a UEFA Euro 2016 qualifying match against Greece on 8th October 2015 and was selected in the starting line-up for an international friendly against Wales on 24th March 2016, which subsequently ended in a 1-1 draw.
- Also, he was selected as part of the 23-man squad to represent Northern Ireland at UEFA Euro 2016 on 28th May 2016 as well as he was selected to start for Northern Ireland's opener against Poland in Nice but was substituted at halftime for compatriot Stuart Dallas in an eventual 1-0 loss.
- On 11th June 2019, he scored his first international goal against Belarus in a UEFA Euro 2020 qualifier and followed it up with two more in a 3-2 friendly win away to the Czech Republic on 14th October.
Awards and Achievements
- Middlesbrough F.C. Player of the Year: 2020-2021
- Middlesbrough on 01/07/2018 for 5.7M €
- Sunderland on 11/08/2016 for 5.3M €
- Manchester United U23 on 01/07/2013 From Man Utd U18
- Manchester United on 01/07/2014
Who is Paddy McNair Dating?
Paddy McNair is an unmarried footballer. He is currently dating his beautiful girlfriend Annabelle who is a pop starlet. There is a greater possibility of his marriage after all he seems happy in his relationship with his girlfriend. He has not however spoken very daringly and openly about his relationship, but he definitely shows his affection whenever the two are together. Furthermore, talking about Paddy's sexual orientation, he is straight.
How much is Paddy McNair Net Worth?
Paddy McNair is a versatile man who has a net worth of $5.5 million as of 2022. He has also a handsome amount of salary which is around £988,000 per year. Like many young adults of today's, he's also superbly ambitious and continues to work even harder to reach his set objectives. Pady's highest market value is €6.00m as of 24th November 2021 which is also his current market value. In addition, his major source of income is his football career.
What is the Height of Paddy McNair?
Paddy McNair stands at a tall height of 6 ft 0 in (1.83 m) with a balanced bodyweight of 72 kg. He has good-looking light brown hair and dark brown eyes color. His heart-warming smile, his entire demeanor, and his gradual escalating popularity in sports make him the perfect catch. Moreover, his body build type is athletic.
Trivias About Paddy McNair You Need To Know.
- He is a soccer center back for the Manchester United Football Club.
- McNair also played for the Northern Ireland Under 21, Under 19, and Under 17 teams.
- When he was just twelve years old, he was scouted by Manchester United.
- Before joining the youth division of the team in 2011, he played for the Ballyclare Colts.
- As a starter in his first senior game with Manchester United, he helped the team defeat West Ham United.