Last updated on June 25th, 2023 at 04:17 am
Facts About Pamela Chopra
|Celebrated Name||Pamela Chopra|
|Age||75 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Pamela Singh|
|Place Of Birth||Lahore|
|Children||Aditya and Uday|
|Net Worth||$8 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Playback singing and Producing Career|
|Height||5 feet 1 inches|
|Death Date||20th April 2023|
|Cause Of Death||Pneumonia|
Pamela Chopra was a well-known playback singer in India who lent her voice to several hit Bollywood songs. Pamela's melodious voice and versatility as a singer made her popular among fans of Hindi film music. Some of her notable songs include "Doosri Darling" from the film 'Chandi Sona' and "Mohabbat Bade Kaam Ki Cheez Hai" from the film 'Trishul'. She was married to Yash Chopra, a legendary film director in the Indian film industry, and also worked as a film producer and writer.
Apart from her singing career, Pamela Chopra also made her mark as a film producer and writer. She co-produced several successful films, including 'Lamhe' and 'Dil To Pagal Hai', which were directed by her husband Yash Chopra. Pamela also wrote the screenplay for the film 'Parampara', which was produced by Yash Chopra. She was a multi-talented personality in the Indian film industry and her contributions to Indian cinema will always be remembered. On 20th April 2023, Pamela left this world.
Where was Pamela Chopra from?
Pamela Chopra was born on February 19, 1948, with the birth name of Pamela Singh. She was from Lahore, Pakistan. She was of mixed ethnicity and held Pakistani-Indian nationality. She lastly celebrated her 75th birthday as of 2023. Pamela was the daughter of Mohinder Singh, an Indian Army commander. Details about her mother is still to get unfold yet. She had two younger brothers, and the family moved around frequently due to her father's assignments in various isolated regions throughout India. Pamela is also the cousin of Indian actor Simi Garewal, as both their fathers, Mohinder Singh and Darshi Garewal, were siblings.
How was the Career of Pamela Chopra?
- Pamela Chopra had a versatile career in the Indian film industry, dabbling in multiple fields connected to the industry. She was a talented singer and lent her voice to several film songs, all of which were for her husband's films, such as "Kabhi Kabhie" (1976) and "Mujhse Dosti Karoge!" (2002). She also had the title of 'producer' in certain films made by her husband, Yash Chopra but she independently produced the 1993 film "Aaina". Her talents were not limited to singing and producing; she also co-wrote the script of her husband's 1997 film "Dil To Pagal Hai" along with Yash Chopra, their son Aditya Chopra, and professional writer Tanuja Chandra.
- Despite her success in various roles behind the camera, Pamela made a single on-screen appearance in the opening song "Ek Duje Ke Vaaste" of the film Dil To Pagal Hai. She appeared alongside her husband, and the moment was cherished by their fans. Pamela had a passion for Bharatanatyam, which she had learned as a schoolgirl, but she never performed in public. Her dedication to the industry and her versatile skills made her an asset to the Indian film industry, and her contributions will always be remembered.
- Pamela Chopra's career spanned across several fields connected to the film industry, including singing, producing, and writing. She had a keen eye for detail and contributed significantly to the success of her husband's films. Her on-screen appearance in the opening song of Dil To Pagal Hai was a memorable moment for her fans. Although she never performed Bharatanatyam in public, her passion for the art form was evident in her work. Pamela's diverse career and contributions to the Indian film industry will always be remembered.
- Indian playback singer, Pamela Chopra has lent her voice to several Bollywood films. In 1976, she sang "Surkh Jode Ki Yeh Jagmagahat (Saada Chidiya Da Chamba Ve)" for the film Kabhi Kabhie along with Lata Mangeshkar and Jagjit Kaur, which was composed by Khayyam. Some of her other notable songs include "Jaan Meri Rooth Gayi" from Doosra Aadmi (1977) composed by Rajesh Roshan, "Gudiya Chidiya Chand Chakori" from Lorie (1984) composed by Khayyam, "Main Sasural Nahi Jaaungi" from Chandni (1989) composed by Shiv-Hari, and "Ghar Aaja Pardesi" from Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995) composed by Jatin-Lalit. Pamela has also sung with other renowned singers like Kishore Kumar, Asha Bhosle, Mahendra Kapoor, and Lata Mangeshkar, among others.
- Pamela Chopra has played various roles in the Indian film industry. In addition to being a playback singer, she has also written for the film Kabhi Kabhie and worked as a dress designer for Silsila and Sawaal. Chopra has also produced Aaina and Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, where she was credited as an associate producer. She was also a co-producer for Dil To Pagal Hai and an associate producer for several other films, including Mohabbatein, Mujhse Dosti Karoge!, Mere Yaar Ki Shaadi Hai, and Veer-Zaara.
Who was Pamela Chopra married to?
Pamela Chopra is a married woman. In 1970, Pamela Chopra entered into an arranged marriage with the renowned Indian filmmaker, Yash Chopra. The families had a common friend, Romesh Sharma's mother, who suggested that Pamela Singh would be an excellent match for Yash Chopra. Pamela and Yash met for the first time in a formal setting and found each other compatible. They tied the knot in 1970, and their marriage lasted for over four decades until Yash Chopra's death in 2012.
The couple was blessed with two sons, Aditya and Uday. Aditya followed in his father's footsteps and pursued a career in the film industry as a producer and director. He is married to the famous Bollywood actress Rani Mukerji. Uday, on the other hand, is an actor and film producer. Despite their busy schedules, the Chopra family has always maintained a close bond and has been supportive of each other's careers. Pamela Chopra played an essential role in her husband's illustrious career and continues to support her sons in their endeavors.
How did Pamela Chopra die?
On 20 April 2023, Pamela Chopra, the wife of legendary Bollywood filmmaker Yash Chopra, passed away at the age of 75 due to pneumonia. She was admitted to Lilavati Hospital in Mumbai due to age-related issues, and her condition rapidly deteriorated, leading to her being placed on a ventilator before she passed away. Her death came as a shock to many in the Bollywood industry and her fans worldwide, who expressed their condolences and paid tribute to her on social media.
Pamela Chopra was a well-respected figure in the Bollywood film industry, having made significant contributions as a playback singer, screenwriter, dress designer, and film producer. Her husband, Yash Chopra, was one of the most celebrated and influential filmmakers in Indian cinema, and the couple was known for their close partnership in both their personal and professional lives. Pamela Chopra's death marks the end of an era in Bollywood and is a great loss to the industry and all those who knew and loved her.
How much was Pamela Chopra's net worth?
Pamela Chopra was a versatile artist who made a mark in the Indian film industry as a playback singer, writer, and producer. She earned a considerable fortune through her successful career, which made her a millionaire at the time of her death in 2023. Although she did not disclose her properties publicly, her net worth was estimated to be around $8 million. Pamela's melodious voice and immense talent in the industry helped her achieve success, and her contributions to the film industry will always be remembered.
In addition to her successful playback singing career, Pamela was also credited as a producer in some movies done by her family. Her dedication to the industry was recognized at various award shows, including the Yash Chopra Memorial Awards. Pamela's immense talent, hard work, and dedication to her craft made her a prominent figure in the Indian entertainment industry, and she will always be remembered for her contribution to the world of Bollywood.
How tall was Pamela Chopra?
Pamela Chopra was not only a prominent figure in the Indian film industry but also known for her graceful appearance. She stood at a height of approximately 5 feet 1 inches and had a petite frame. Pamela's hair was naturally black, which she styled in various ways over the years. Her black eyes were captivating and added to her charming persona. Despite her age, she maintained her elegance and sophistication, making her a role model for many.
Trivias About Pamela Chopra You Need To Know.
- Her father was an officer in the Indian Navy due to which she spent her childhood attending different army schools in several remote locations all over India where her father would get posted.
- Since childhood, she was passionate about dance and music. She learnt Bharatnatyam when she was young. She worked at British Airways before her marriage.
- She dabbled in several fields connected to films working for the family's production banner Yash Raj Films (YRF).
- She worked as a dress designer for the films Silsila (1981) and Sawaal (1982).
- She often drank alcoholic beverages with her husband.