Facts About Pamela Rooke
|68 Years Old
|Jordan, Jordan Mooney
|Former Model , Actress
|Place Of Birth
|Seaford, East Sussex
|Dubbed Queen of Punk
|1981 (Divorced in 1984)
|Bleached platinum-blonde bouffant
|Place Of Death
|Seaford, East Sussex
|Cause Of Death
|Source of Wealth
|Modeling, acting, band management, nursing
|Reported around $5 million
Pamela Rooke, popular by the name Jordan Mooney or simply Jordan was an English model and actress. She is considered the punk rock fashion icon, credited with creating the London punk look, dubbing her the "Queen of Punk". Her bleached platinum-blonde bouffant hairdo with dark raccoon-like eye make-up made her a highly visible icon of the London punk subculture. She is also known for her work with Vivienne Westwood and the SEX boutique in the Kings Road area of London in the mid-1970s and also for attending many of the early Sex Pistols performances. As an actress, she has also starred in several movies.
The London punk fashion icon, Rooke died of cholangiocarcinoma aged 66 on 3 April 2022.
What is Pamela Rooke Famous For?
- Credited with creating the London punk subculture.
Where is Pamela Rooke From?
Pamela Rooke was born on 23 June 1955. Her birth place is in Seaford, East Sussex in England. She held English nationality. She belonged to the white ethnicity and her religion was Christianity. Her zodiac sign is Cancer. She was born to her father, Stanley Rooke, and her mother, Linda Rooke. She had two older siblings.
Pamela Rooke Career
- Pamela Rooke is known for introducing punk fashion in London. Her style and dress sense made her a highly visible icon of the London punk subculture. She used to appear in a bleached platinum-blonde bouffant hairdo with dark raccoon-like eye make-up.
- When she first walked into 430 King's Road, London, wearing gold stilettos, a see-through net skirt, with a white bouffant hairstyle, it had just changed to SEX.
- She is known for her work with Vivienne Westwood and the SEX boutique in the Kings Road area of London in the mid-1970s. She is also known for attending many of the early Sex Pistols performances.
- She served as an early manager for Adam and the Ants in the late 1970s. She also recorded the track "Lou" as a guest lead vocalist with the band. She left the band in 1978.
- She managed the band Wide Boy Awake in the 1980s. Her then-husband, Kevin Mooney was a guitarist of the band.
- As an actress, she made a cameo appearance in Derek Jarman's debut film, Sebastiane. She played the lead role of punk "anti-historian" Amyl Nitrate in the film, Jubilee. She appeared in Julien Temple's The Great Rock and Roll Swindle.
- She returned to Seaford after divorcing Mooney in 1984. She started breeding Burmese cats. She also started working as a veterinary nurse.
Who Was Pamela Rooke Husband?
Pamela Rooke was once married to a musician, Kevin Mooney. He was the bassist of Adam and the Ants, the band Rooke managed in the late 1970s. Mooney later joined the band, Wide Boy Awake, which Rooke managed in the 1980s. Rooke was married to Mooney from 1981 until their divorce in 1984.
How Did Pamela Rooke Die?
Queen of Punk, Pamela Rooke died at the age of 66 on 3 April 2022. Her cause of death is reported cholangiocarcinoma. She died in East Sussex.
What is Pamela Rooke Height?
Pamela Rooke stood at a tall height. She had an average weight. Her eye color was dark brown and her natural hair color was black. She was known for her punk look, her make-up, hairstyle, and dress sense. Her bleached platinum-blonde bouffant hairdo with dark raccoon-like eye make-up started a punk culture in London.
Her sexual orientation was straight.
What is Pamela Rooke Net Worth?
Pamela Rooke was a punk icon who introduced punk fashion to the London subculture in the 1970s. She started her career working with Vivienne Westwood and the SEX boutique. She later managed several bands there and also starred in several movies. In her later career, she worked as a veterinary nurse. She made a decent fortune in her life. Her net worth was estimated at around $5 million.
Trivias About Pamela Rooke You Need To Know.
- She took the single name Jordan at the age of 14.
- Tourists used to try to pay her for photos for her punk look.
- She used to face several problems while traveling on a train.
- Her autobiography, Defying Gravity: Jordan's Story was published in 2019.