Patrick Kielty - Bio, Net Worth, Wife, Age, Ethnicity, Parents, Height
Patrick Kielty is a Northern Irish comedian, as well as a radio and TV personality who is known for his work in "Live at the Apollo", and "This Morning". His career began in the early 1990s when he won the prestigious BBC talent show "Let Me Entertain You," which served as a launching pad for his comedic talents. Kielty's quick wit, charm, and ability to connect with audiences propelled him to success, earning him numerous opportunities in both stand-up comedy and television. As a comedian, he has performed on various stages across the globe, captivating audiences with his unique blend of observational humor, storytelling, and sharp comedic timing. Patrick is currently married to his wife, Cat Deeley (Catherine Elizabeth Deeley).
In the world of television, Patrick Kielty has showcased his versatile skills as a host, presenter, and panelist. He has helmed his own talk shows, such as "The Patrick Kielty Show" and "Patrick Kielty Almost Live," where he interviewed celebrities and engaged in humorous banter with guests. Kielty's charismatic presence and quick thinking have also made him a popular choice for hosting game shows, panel shows, and award ceremonies. His television career has seen him collaborate with renowned broadcasters such as the BBC and Channel 4, further cementing his status as a respected television personality.
Who are Patrick Kielty's Parents?
Patrick Kielty, born on January 31, 1971, hails from County Down, Northern Ireland, UK, and spent his formative years in the village of Dundrum. He comes from a family of three sons, with his father John "Jack" Kielty being a businessman who tragically lost his life on January 25, 1988. John Kielty was shot dead by the Ulster Freedom Fighters (UFF), a cover name used by the Ulster Defence Association (UDA), a loyalist paramilitary group. The murder was reportedly linked to a libel action involving Central Television's broadcast of The Cook Report, in which John Kielty was set to be a key witness. Patrick's mother is named Mary Kielty, and he has two brothers named John Kielty and Cahal Kielty. While he identifies as British and Northern Irish nationality, he belongs to a Mixed ethnical background race. During his teenage years, he showcased his talent as a Gaelic footballer and even served as the substitute goalkeeper for the Down GAA minor football team, which emerged victorious in the 1987 All Ireland Minor Football Championship.
Patrick Kielty received his education at St Patrick's Grammar School in Downpatrick. Following that, he enrolled at Queen's University Belfast to pursue a degree in psychology.
How was the Career of Patrick Kielty?
- Patrick Kielty's journey in the entertainment industry began during his school days at St Patrick's Grammar School in Downpatrick, where his talent for impersonations caught the attention of a Games master.
- While studying psychology at Queen's University Belfast, Kielty embarked on his professional career, performing at Dublin's Gasworks club and making his mark in the comedy scene.
- Inspired by their success, he and his friend Jackie Hamilton opened their own comedy club in "Belfast, The Empire", which became a popular venue for both local and international acts.
- Kielty gained further recognition as a finalist in a National Comedy Search organized by Billy Magra/McGrath, which led to his television debut on "The Late Late Show".
- In 1993, Kielty presented the show "SUS" on UTV before becoming the warm-up act for "Anderson on the Box", hosted by Gerry Anderson.
- Following the success of PK Tonight, Kielty's replacement show, he garnered attention from London broadcasters and received the "Best Newcomer" Award at the 1996 Royal Television Society Awards.
- He went on to establish the TV production company Green Inc, producing shows like "The Afternoon Show", "Patrick Kielty Almost Live", and "Ask Rhod Gilbert".
- Kielty ventured into national television, hosting programs such as "Stupid Punts", "After The Break", and "Last Chance Lottery".
- Additionally, he made notable appearances on shows like "Fame Academy", "Comic Relief Does Fame Academy", and "Love Island".
- Kielty's versatility was evident as he also hosted major events like the Opening Ceremony of the Special Olympics and "The Prince's Trust 30th Birthday LIVE".
- He even had the opportunity to host the original pilot series of the American version of "Deal or No Deal" for ABC. However, ABC decided against airing the series, which ended up on NBC, with Canadian comedian Howie Mandel as host.
- After taking a break from stand-up, Patrick Kielty made a comeback in 2006 with a new UK tour, which was followed by the release of a DVD recorded at Belfast's Grand Opera House.
- In 2007, he ventured into theater and worked at the Trafalgar Theatre in London's West End, starring in the UK production of A Night in November, written by Marie Jones.
- He debuted in the play at the Grand Opera House in Belfast, showcasing his acting abilities.
- During the same year, he appeared as a guest on the BBC's "Live at the Apollo", where he sparked controversy by using derogatory terms to refer to members of the Irish traveling community.
- In a significant moment, he was invited to conduct a joint TV interview at 10 Downing Street with UK Prime Minister Tony Blair and Irish Taoiseach Bertie Ahearn to discuss the Northern Ireland peace process.
- Kielty also ventured into radio, hosting the Saturday morning show on BBC Radio 2 for ten weeks in 2010 and co-hosting Sport Relief in 2010 and 2012 alongside Fearne Cotton.
- In 2012, Kielty made guest appearances on "This Morning", co-presenting with Kate Thornton and Emma Willis. He also had the opportunity to host a few episodes of "The One Show" alongside Alex Jones in 2014 and 2015.
- Returning to BBC Northern Ireland in 2016, he presented programs such as "Bad Language", a comedy panel game show, and "Patrick Kielty's Mulholland Drive", a documentary exploring the life of William Mulholland and the California Water Wars.
- In the same year, he hosted "Delete, Delete, Delete", a chat show delving into celebrities' internet history.
- Kielty continued his TV journey with shows like "Debatable", a daily quiz show on BBC Two, and the documentary "My Dad, the Peace Deal and Me", where he reflected on the Good Friday Agreement and its impact on Northern Ireland, including the personal story of his father's killing and his decision to support the agreement despite its consequences.
- In 2021, he joined the cast of the RTÉ series "All the Walks of Life", using the platform to delve into his upbringing and the principles he cherishes.
- Additionally, he ventured into the world of film by featuring in the movie "Ballywalter", portraying the character of Shane, a stand-up comedian.
- Following a period of anticipation, it was officially announced on 20th May 2023 that Kielty would take on the role of the new host for RTÉ's "The Late Late Show", succeeding Ryan Tubridy and becoming the fourth permanent presenter in the history of the renowned show.
- In January 2015, renowned US Country artist Garth Brooks granted Kielty his inaugural UK interview, which took place in Boston, Massachusetts, and was broadcast as a special on BBC Radio 2.
- His diverse radio hosting skills were further displayed on 13th September 2019 when he presented "The News Quiz" on BBC Radio 4.
- In August 2020, he co-hosted "Five Live Breakfast" with Rachel Burden on BBC Radio 5 Live, temporarily filling in for Nicky Campbell.
- In the realm of stage performance, he took part in the acclaimed play "A Night in November", captivating audiences in the Grand Opera House, Belfast in August 2007.
- He also showcased his talents in productions staged in London and at The Olympia Theatre in Dublin in 2008. A documentary chronicling the production of the play, featuring Kielty in a prominent role, was released in 2008.
- In 2022, after a seven-year hiatus, he embarked on his first stand-up tour, amusingly noting during an appearance on the motoring podcast "Fuelling Around" that his Borderline show provided the perfect opportunity to catch up on some much-needed sleep.
Who is Patrick Kielty's wife?
Patrick Kielty is happily married to his wife, Cat Deeley, an English model, and TV presenter. Their love story began to unfold in early 2012 when Cat, an actress and TV personality, revealed that they were in a relationship. Their friendship originated during their joint presentation at the Fame Academy Awards in 2002. Keeping their nuptials private, Patrick and Cat tied the knot in a secret ceremony held in Rome on September 29, 2012. Together, they are proud parents to two sons, Milo (born in January 2016) and James Patrick Kielty (born in June 2018), and they cherish their life together.
In the past, Patrick had a romantic involvement with TV presenter Amanda Byram, whom he met while co-presenting the Ireland AM morning show in 1999. The couple dated for nearly four years before parting ways in 2003. Following the end of their relationship, Amanda relocated to Los Angeles, California. However, she has maintained that they remain friends despite the romantic separation.
In addition to his successful career, Patrick Kielty has been actively involved in various charitable endeavors. He showcased his comedic talents for a good cause by participating in Channel 4's Comedy Gala in 2010, a benefit show aimed at supporting the Great Ormond Street Children's Hospital. Kielty's commitment to philanthropy extended to his involvement in Soccer Aid until 2016 when he played as a goalkeeper for the 'Rest of The World' team. Furthermore, he contributed to the Comic Relief telethon in 2015, taking part in a skit alongside other comedians, impersonating members of the boy band One Direction for Red Nose Day.
How much is Patrick Kielty's net worth?
Patrick Kielty, the renowned Irish comedian, and television personality, has achieved considerable success in the entertainment industry, accumulating a net worth of $15 million as of 2023. His comedic talents and charismatic presence have been key contributors to his financial prosperity. Through his various ventures in comedy, television hosting, and other entertainment projects, he has established himself as a prominent figure, earning a substantial income. With his substantial net worth, he enjoys a lavish lifestyle, indulging in the finer things that his career earnings have afforded him.
Despite his wealth and success, Patrick Kielty remains grounded and satisfied with his earnings. While he leads a lavish lifestyle, he appreciates the opportunities his career has provided and maintains a sense of contentment with his financial achievements. Kielty's satisfaction likely stems from his genuine passion for entertaining audiences and bringing joy to people's lives. His comedic prowess has allowed him to connect with fans on a deep level, creating a fulfilling and rewarding career. Through his success, Kielty serves as an inspiration for aspiring comedians and television personalities, demonstrating that with talent, dedication, and hard work, one can achieve both financial prosperity and personal fulfillment in the entertainment industry.
How tall is Patrick Kielty?
Patrick Kielty, known for his wit and humor as a comedian, possesses a charming personality that shines through his funny performances. In terms of his physical attributes, he has a slim build and stands at a height of 5 feet 10 inches or 178 centimeters. He weighs approximately 78 kilograms or 172 pounds.
Patrick has light brown hair that adds to his overall appearance, complemented by his captivating blue eyes. One of his distinctive features is his wide smile, which adds to his warm and engaging presence on stage. With his unique blend of talent and comedic timing, he continues to captivate audiences with his funny gigs, making people laugh and enjoy his performances.
Trivias About Patrick Kielty You Need To Know.
- His father was killed by loyalists during the "Troubles".
- His first job was as a landscape gardener in Los Angeles.
- His uncle was also a Cold War spy for the U.S. government and his grandfather was also in military intelligence.
- He is a teenager was a talented gaelic footballer as well.
- His academic background is psychology.
- In August 2007, Patrick performed in the play A Night in November at the Grand Opera House, Belfast.
- Kielty is a lifelong fan of Manchester United.