Facts About Patrick Stewart
|82 Years Old
|Sir Patrick Stewart
|Sheila Falconer (M. 1966; Div. 1990), Wendy Neuss (M. 2000; Div. 2003) and Sunny Ozell (M. 2013 - Present)
|Place Of Birth
|Mirfield, Yorkshire, England
|Laurence Olivier Award
|Best Known For
|Star Trek The Next Generation
|College / University
|St Catherine's College
|Mirfield Secondary Modern School
|Total Number of Awards
|Number Of TV Appearences
|Total Featured Movies
|5 feet 10 inches
|Source of Wealth
|Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook
Patrick Stewart is a prolific actor who has made a name for himself through his work on the stage, sitcoms, and Broadway. Though he proved his might as an actor in television serials and films, he always harbored a great deal of passion towards the Shakespearean theater, where he spent most of his career.
He was relentless in achieving his success as an actor and the mockery he faced from the people for being bald did not discourage him in his pursuit. His lucid and commanding voice earned him popularity even in the field of voice acting, especially as the voice of Emperor Uriel Septim - VII in The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, a video game. Let's know more about him through this article.
What is Patrick Stewart famous for?
- An English actor, director, and producer whose work has included roles on stage, television, and film in a career spanning seven decades. He has been nominated for Olivier, Golden Globe, Emmy, Screen Actors Guild, and Saturn Awards.
Where is Patrick Stewart from?
Recalling his early life, Patrick was born to Gladys Stewart, a weaver and Alfred Steward, a Sergeant Major in the British Army. His siblings include Geoffrey and Trevor, both of whom are elder to him. He had a troubled childhood and witnessed physical abuse inflicted on his mother by his father.
Acting became a passion for him when he was just 12th and he performed in local drama groups. At the age of 15th, he worked as a junior reporter and obituary writer for Mir-field & District Reporter but quit the job when the editor of the newspaper asked him to choose between writing and acting. He worked as a furniture salesman for a year to save money to get into a drama school. After saving enough money, he attended an eighty-day drama course.
Where did Patrick Steward go for education?
Concerning her education, Patrick was educated at Crowley Church of England Junior and Infants School and later at Mir-field Secondary Modern School. Then, he enrolled at St Catherine's College, Oxford.
When did Patrick Stewart begin his acting career?
- Moving towards his career, Patrick made his professional debut a couple of years later, at the repertory theatre in Lincoln and then at Manchester’s Library Theater.
- In 1966, he joined the Royal Shakespeare Company’ and remained associated with the company till the early 1980s.
- In 1971, he made his Broadway appearance as Snout in Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream. A couple of years later, he started performing in minor roles in television serials and British and American films.
- In 1987, he went to Los Angeles and gained international popularity after he was cast as Captain Jean-Luc Picard in the science-fiction series Star Trek: The Next Generation (TNG) that ran for seven years until 1994.
- The success he gained as Captain Jean-Luc Picard earned him four more Star Trek films, namely, Star Trek: Generations, Star Trek: First Contact, Star Trek: Insurrection, and Star Trek: Nemesis during the period spanning from 1994 to 2002.
- His role as Professor Xavier in the X-Men, an American blockbuster film released in 2000, earned him great popularity and he acted in the two sequels of the film as well.
- Owing to his impeccable British accent he received offers for lending his voice to comic cartoon characters in TV shows. He lent his voice to animated movies like Gnomeo & Juliet, released in 2011 and Ice Age: Continental Drift, released in 2012.
- Though he has established himself as a great actor in the Broadway Theater, he still loves to perform at the Shakespearean Theatre, from where he was trained.
- He also appeared as a nudity-obsessed caricature of himself in Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant's television series Extras. He played John Bosley in the 2019 film Charlie's Angels, released on 15th November 2019. In the same year, He acted as an International Rescue Committee spokesperson.
Who is Patrick Stewart married to?
Reflecting on his personal life, Patrick has married Sheila Falconer, a choreographer in 1966 and the couple has two children, Sophia, who runs a boutique shop and Daniel, an actor.
After divorcing his first wife, he married Wendy Neuss, a producer, in 2000 and the couple got divorced in 2003. His romantic affair with actress Lisa Dillon lasted from 2003 to 2007. In 2013, he got married to Sunny Ozell, a singer from Brooklyn, New York. Presently, he seems to be enjoying his blissful life with his wife without rumors of separation or divorce.
How much is Patrick Stewart worth?
Being a part of the entertainment industry, Patrick earns an impressive amount of money and fame through his profession as a film, television and stage actor. Based on sone online reports, his estimated net worth said to be $70 million at present. However, his salary is yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Patrick Stewart?
Observing his body statistics, Patrick stands a height of 5 feet 10 inches and weighs around 72 Kg. Similarly, he has a pair of dark brown eyes and he is a blade. Further, he has an athletic body. His other body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.