Last updated on September 27th, 2022 at 03:32 pm
Facts About Paul Chryst
|Celebrated Name||Paul Chryst|
|Age||57 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Paul Joseph Chryst|
|Place Of Birth||Madison, Wisconsin, the U.S.|
|University||University of Wisconsin|
|Source of Wealth||Football head coach and former player career|
|Net Worth||$1 million to $5 million|
|Salary||$4.15 million per year|
|Hair Color||Dark brown|
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
|Links||Wikipedia Twitter Instagram|
Paul Joseph Chryst, excellently known as Paul Chryst is an American football head coach and former player. He is well recognized for currently being the head football coach for the Wisconsin Badgers. He went on to a successful coaching career with several organizations. He was previously offensive coordinator at his alma mater, Wisconsin, from 2005 until 2011, and in 2011, he was hired by the University of Pittsburgh as head football coach. As well, he served in the same capacity at Oregon State University and was an assistant coach for the San Diego Chargers of the National Football League. Paul led the 1982 and 1983 Hillmen to consecutive Southern Eight Conference titles and the Wisconsin Division 4 state championship in 1983 as the starting quarterback. The Badgers started with a dismal 1-3 record in 2021, before starting a 7-game win streak.
Paul Chryst Famous For
- He is an American football head coach and former player.
- He is currently the head football coach for the Wisconsin Badgers.
Where is Paul Chryst from?
Paul Chryst was born on 17th November 1965 with the real name of Paul Joseph Chryst in Madison, Wisconsin, the U.S. He is of American nationality and he came from American-white ethnic background. Similarly, his religious belief is in the Christian religion and his race is white. Paul has celebrated his 56th birthday as of 2021 and as per his birthdate, his star sign is Scorpio. He is the son of the late George Chryst (father) who became the head football coach at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville in 1979. His mother's name is Patty Chryst. He has four siblings, two sisters named Cathy Chryst Greco and Dolly Chryst Strauser and two brothers named Geep Chryst and Rick Chryst. Geep is a former Mid-American Conference commissioner Rick Chryst and former San Francisco 49ers, offensive coordinator.
Moving to Paul's education, he attended Platteville High School, where he was a three-time letterman in football and basketball, and also lettered in baseball and track. He graduated from the University of Wisconsin in 1988 with a degree in political science and added a master's degree in educational administration from West Virginia in 1990.
Paul Chryst Career
- Paul Chryst kicks off his coaching career as a graduate assistant at West Virginia (1989-1990), after which he was an assistant coach for the World League's San Antonio Riders (1991-1992), UW-19Platteville (1993), Ottawa Rough Riders (1994), Illinois State (1995), Saskatchewan Roughriders (1996), and Oregon State (1997-1998).
- From 1999 to 2001, he was the tight ends coach for the NFL's San Diego Chargers and was offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at Oregon State from 2003-2004.
- In 2003, the Beavers ranked 10th nationally in total offense (463.0 ypg) and 6th nationally in passing yardage per game (328.1) and became the first team in NCAA Division I history with a 4,000-yard passer, 1,500-yard rusher, and two 1,000-yard receivers.
- Later he returned to Wisconsin in 2005 and the 2005 team set school records for both scoring average (34.3 ppg) and for points scored in a season (446).
- His strong offenses helped guide Wisconsin to back-to-back Rose Bowl appearances in 2010 and 2011 as he was a 2011 finalist for the Broyles Award, given annually to the nation's top college football assistant coach.
University of Pittsburgh
- Paul was hired as the head football coach at the University of Pittsburgh on 22nd December 2011 and had a record of 19-19 before being offered the head coaching position at Wisconsin. He won the Little Caesar's Bowl during the 2013 season.
University of Wisconsin
- Paul was introduced as the head coach at Wisconsin following the departure of Gary Andersen on 17th December 2014 and in his first season, the Badgers went 10-3 and finished 1st nationally in scoring defense (13.7 points per game) and 2nd in total defense (268.5 yards per game).
- He also won the Holiday Bowl against USC and in the Badgers' debut game of the 2016 season the unranked Badgers upset #5 ranked LSU at Lambeau Field.
- As well, he was named the "Dodd Trophy Coach of the Week" for his efforts, and following the opening week of college football when the new AP Poll has released the Badgers were ranked #10 which was the highest the Badgers had been ranked since the 2011 season where Paul was the offensive coordinator for the Russell Wilson-led Wisconsin team.
- Subsequently, he was named the Hayes-Schembechler Coach of the Year in the Big Ten Conference on 29th November 2016.
- Wisconsin was held out of the College Football Playoff despite the Badgers going 12-1 in 2017. However, they beat Miami in the 2017 Orange Bowl.
- The Badgers started with a dismal 1-3 record, before starting a 7-game win streak in 2011 and ended up losing 13-23.
- Paul elected to punt instead of going for it, even though they were down 10 midway through the fourth quarter and the Badgers finished the season with a record of 9-4 with a 20-13 victory over Arizona State in the Las Vegas Bowl.
- Moreover, Paul has coached a number of future NFL players throughout his time as a head coach.
Awards and Achievements
- 3 Big Ten West Division (2016, 2017, 2019)
- 2× Big Ten Coach of the Year (2016, 2017)
Who is Paul Chryst's Wife?
Paul Chryst is a married man. He tied a knot with his beautiful wife, Robin Chryst with whom he gave birth to three children, daughters Katy and JoJo, and a son named Danny. Robin was a newlywed working as a pharmacist in Racine in the early 1990s when Paul took a coaching job with the San Antonio Riders of the World League of American Football. The couple is having a good time together, which signifies they do not have affairs with other people. Concerning Paul's sexual orientation, he is straight.
How much does Paul Chryst make?
Paul Chryst has a net worth of between $1 million to $5 million as of 2022 whereas he also earns a handsome amount of salary which is around $4.15 million per year. With a tremendous amount of net worth, he is living a lavish and luxurious life. Paul also earns some amount through endorsements, advertisements, and sponsorships of several brands and companies. In addition, his major source of income is his football head coach and former player career.
Paul Chryst Height and Weight
Paul Chryst has unarguably accomplished a decent height career-wise. He has short dark brown hair and eyes color. Paul's got an unconventional good look and raw appeal about him. Reasons for his amazing personality could be his roots. Besides, his body build type is athletic.
Trivias About Paul Chryst You Need To Know.
- He was offensive coordinator at his alma mater, Wisconsin, from 2005 until 2011.
- He fathered three children with his wife, Robin.
- He began coaching Pitt after former Pro Bowl running back LeSean Mccoy left the college for the NFL.
- Chryst attended Platteville High School, where he was a three-time letterman in football and basketball.
- He was the tight ends coach for the NFL's San Diego Chargers from 1999 to 2001.