Facts About Paul Dano
|39 Years Old
|Paul Franklin Dano
|Actor , Director , Producer
|Place Of Birth
|New York City, New York
|Boerum Hill, Brooklyn
|Wilton High School
|College / University
|Eugene Lang College
|Unmarried - In a Relationship
|Paul A. Dano
|6 feet 1 inch
|Source of Wealth
|Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook
Paul Dano is an American actor, screenwriter, director, producer, and musician. He started his career on stage at the age of ten before making his big-screen debut in the 2000 movie ‘The Newcomers’. He rose to international fame with his role as Dwayne Hoover in the comedy-drama road film ‘Little Miss Sunshine’ which earned him numerous accolades. Dano is also known for his performances in the movies ‘There Will Be Blood’, '12 Years a Slave', 'Prisoners' and ' Love & Mercy’, the last of which earned him a Golden Globe nomination.
As a director, he made his directorial debut with the drama flick ‘Wildlife.’ The movie, released in 2018, is based on a novel by Richard Ford and stars Jake Gyllenhaal and Carey Mulligan. Besides being an actor and director, he is also a talented singer and musician and serves as a vocalist and lead guitarist of the band Mook that has played at multiple festivals. On a personal note, the multitalented artist is in a relationship with Zoe Kazan and is a devoted father of one. Let's know more about him through this article.
Who are the parents of Paul Dano?
Returning his early life, Paul Dano was born as Paul Franklin Dano in New York City, New York, the USA. He was born to the parents, Gladys and Paul A. Dano. He is American by nationality and belongs to White-American ethnicity. He was raised along with his younger sister Sarah Dano.
Regarding his education, Paul attended the Browning School. he later completed his graduation in 2012 from Wilton High School. Then, he joined Eugene Lang College in New York City for his further studies.
When did Paul Dano begin to start acting?
- Moving towards his career, Paul started acting at the age of ten in classical plays on Boardway and made his screen debut in Inherit the Wind in 1996. He got his first major film role at sixteen in L.I.E. Then he appeared in the TV movie Too Young to Be a Dad in 2002.
- In 2004, he had a minor role as young Martin Asher in the physiological thriller ‘Taking Lives,’ sharing screen space with Angelina Jolie. That year, he also starred as Klitz in the romantic comedy ‘The Girl Next Door’,
- In 2005, Paul Dano played supporting roles in the films ‘The Ballad of Jack and Rose’ and ‘The King’. He came to greater attention in the year 2006 when he appeared as Dwayne, a voluntarily mute teenage boy, in the comedic drama flick ‘Little Miss Sunshine’. Soon he did the films ‘Fast Food Nation’ and ‘Weapons’.
- In the ensuing years, Dano performed in numerous stage productions including ‘Things We Want’ and ‘A Thousand Clowns’, the latter of which premiered at the Roundabout Theatre.
- In 2008, he starred as Brian Weathersby in ‘Gigantic,’ a poorly-reviewed flick about a guy seeking to adopt a Chinese baby. That year, he also got the opportunity to play Rocco Mark Webber in Mark Webber’s directorial debut ‘Explicit Ills’.
- The actor collaborated with Brian Cox for a low-budget Icelandic film titled ‘The Good Heart’ in 2009. He also lent his voice to one of the characters in the big-screen adaptation of ‘Where the Wild Things Are’.
- He played a genius inventor in 2010's action thriller ‘Knight and Day’ starring Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz. Also that year, Dano featured in ‘Meek's Cutoff,’ a historical drama flick as well as in the play ‘A Free Man of Color’.
- In 2011, he appeared in a supporting role in the sci-fi film ‘Cowboys and Aliens’. The film’s plot revolves around a wealthy cattleman, a mysterious traveler, and an amnesiac outlaw who must ally to save a group of people abducted by aliens.
- In the year 2013, Dano appeared in the period drama biopic ‘12 Years a Slave,’ in which he played John Tibeats. The film was a massive success and earned the Academy Award for Best Picture along with numerous other awards. Also in 2013, he appeared in the thriller ‘Prisoners’.
- In 2014, he portrayed a younger version of Brian Wilson, the Beach Boys founder, in the biopic ‘Love & Mercy.’ His performance in the flick garnered him a Golden Globe nomination for Best Supporting Actor.
- He starred with Harvey Keitel and Michael Caine in the Italian comedy-drama film ‘Youth’ in 2015. Dano was featured in six episodes of the historical period drama ‘War & Peace’ in 2016.
- In 2018, he played David Sweat in the TV series ‘Escape at Dannemora’. The same year, he made his directorial debut with ‘Wildlife,’ a drama film based on the novel of the same name by Richard Ford. The film featured Jake Gyllenhaal and Carey Mulligan.
- In October 2019, Dano was cast as The Riddler in Matt Reeves’s forthcoming 2021 film The Batman.
Who is Paul Dano Dating?
Reflecting on his personal life, Paul is a romantic relationship with actress Zoe Kazan. The duo started dating since 2007. The often appeared together at public places and awards functions and their cute PDA always succeeds in grabbed media attention. The duo has a daughter Alma who born in August 2018. At present, they reside in Boerum Hill, Brooklyn happily without rumors.
How much net worth does Paul Dano Own?
From his acting career, Paul earns a decent amount of money and fame in the entertainment industry as an actor. As per online sites, his estimated net worth said to be $10 million as of 2019. He earned around $3 million for his appearances in movies and TV series.
How tall is Paul Dano?
Observing his body statistics, Paul stands a height of 6 feet 1 inch and weighs around 77 Kg. Similarly, he has a pair of brown eyes and light brown hair. Further, he has a slim body build with body measures of 38-31-14 inches including his chest, waist and biceps sizes.
Trivias About Paul Dano You Need To Know.
- Lead guitarist and vocalist in the band Mook, based out of Wilton, Connecticut.