Facts About Paul Reed
|24 Years Old
|Paul "B-Ball Paul" Reed
|Place Of Birth
|Orlando, Florida, the U.S.
|Wekiva High School
|Source of Wealth
|$1 million to $5 million
|6 ft 9 in (2.06 m)
|210 lb (95 kg)
|Wikipedia Instagram Twitter
Paul "B-Ball Paul" Reed, excellently known as Paul Reed is an American professional basketball player for the Philadelphia 76ers of the National Basketball Association (NBA). When he signed his contract with the 76-ers, it was a two-way split, which means he also plays for the Delaware Blue Coats. He played college basketball for the DePaul Blue Demons and as a senior, he averaged 18.2 points and 11.4 rebounds and was named the Central Florida Player of the Year as he led the Mustangs to the state championship game. Additionally, the Philadelphia 76ers announced on 26th March 2021 that they had converted Reed to a standard NBA contract.
What is Paul Reed Famous For?
- Being an American professional basketball player.
- For playing for the Philadelphia 76ers of the National Basketball Association (NBA).
Where was Paul Reed born?
Paul Reed was born on 14th June 1999 with the real name of Paul "B-Ball Paul" Reed in Orlando, Florida, the U.S. He is of American nationality and belongs to African-American ethnicity. Similarly, his religious belief is in the Christian religion and his race is black. Paul has celebrated his 22nd birthday as of 2021 and as per his birthdate, his star sign is Gemini. He is the son of his mother Michelle Reed. His father, Paul Reed played college basketball at Old Dominion and UCF, then played professional basketball in Europe. He has four sisters (Hazel, Danielle, Chantel, and Janelle).
Regarding Paul's education, he attended Wekiva High School.
Who does Paul Reed play for?
- Paul Reed kicks off his career playing college basketball at DePaul over offers from Clemson, Kansas State, Rutgers, and Murray State as he averaged 3.6 points and 3.1 rebounds in 28 games played off the bench.
- He averaged 12.3 points and a Big East Conference-leading 8.5 rebounds per game and was named the Big East Conference Most Improved Player.
- He averaged 18.3 points, 10.3 rebounds, 2.7 blocks, and 2.2 steals in the 2019 College Basketball Invitational as he helped lead the Blue Demons to the best-of-three final.
- He entered his junior season as a preseason All-Big East selection and recorded ten double-doubles and was named to the Big East Weekly Honor Roll four times during DePaul's 13-game non-conference schedule at the start of the season.
- Reed was named Second Team All-Big East after averaging 15.1 points and finishing second in the conference in rebounds (10.7), blocks (2.6), and steals (1.9) at the conclusion of the regular season.
- He later declared for the 2020 NBA draft, forgoing his final season of eligibility.
- Paul was drafted in the second round with 58th overall selection in the 2020 NBA draft by the Philadelphia 76ers where he signed with the 76ers on a two-way contract on 3rd December.
- He made his NBA debut on 4th January 2021, playing the final 90 seconds of the game and scoring two points on his sole field goal attempt in a 118-101 win over the Charlotte Hornets.
- He also played with the Blue Coats during the shortened single-site G League season in 2021, where he won the league's Most Valuable Player and Rookie of the Year awards.
- The Philadelphia 76ers announced on 26th March 2021 that they had converted Reed to a standard NBA contract.
Awards and Achievements
- NBA G League MVP (2021)
- NBA G League Rookie of the Year (2021)
- All-NBA G League First Team (2021)
- NBA G League All-Defensive Team (2021)
- NBA G League All-Rookie Team (2021)
- Second-team All-Big East (2020)
- Big East Most Improved Player (2019)
Is Paul Reed dating?
Paul Reed is an unmarried basketballer. There is not much about his personal relation and girlfriend as he always maintains a distance in his private life and media. So we can assume that Paul is currently living a single life. Furthermore, talking about his sexual orientation, he is straight.
How much is Paul Reed's Net Worth?
Paul Reed is a versatile man who has a net worth of between $1 million to $5 million as of 2022 whereas he has also a handsome amount of salary which is around thousands of dollars per year. In his short professional time also, Reed has established himself an identity already. He's also superbly ambitious and continues to work even harder to reach his set objectives. In addition, his major source of income is his basketball career.
How tall is Paul Reed?
Paul Reed stands at a tall height of 6 ft 9 in (2.06 m) and his body weighs around 210 lb (95 kg). He has short black hair and dark brown eyes color. Moreover, his body build type is athletic.
Trivias About Paul Reed You Need To Know.
- He is known for playing with the Philadelphia 76ers, a team under the National Basketball Association.
- In 2021, the NBA awarded him with Rookie of the Year and Most Valuable Player.
- He played basketball for DePaul University with the DePaul Blue Demons.
- When he signed his contract with the 76-ers, it was a two-way split, which means he also plays for the Delaware Blue Coats.
- He has been coached by Doc Rivers, the head of coaching for the 76-ers.