Last updated on December 10th, 2020 at 02:09 pm
Facts About Paul Simon
|Celebrated Name||Paul Simon|
|Age||81 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Paul Frederic Simon|
|Place Of Birth||Newark, New Jersey, USA|
|High School||Forest Hills High School|
|University||Brooklyn Law School|
|Height||5 ft 3 in or 160 cm|
|Wife||Ex: Peggy Harper, Carrie Fisher|
|Spouse||Present: Edie Brickell|
|Children||Adrian, Lulu, and Gabriel|
|Girl Friend||Kathy Kathleen Mary (Previous)|
|Net Worth||$45 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Music|
|Links||Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook|
Paul Simon is an American musician, singer, songwriter, and actor. His musical career has spanned seven decades. He reached fame and commercial success as half of the duo Simon & Garfunkel, formed in 1956 with Art Garfunkel. He wrote nearly all of their songs, including US number-one singles The Sound of Silence, Mrs. Robinson, and Bridge over Troubled Water. Let's know more about him through this article.
What is Paul Simon famous for?
- An American singer-songwriter and actor.
- half of the duo, Simon & Garfunkel with Art Garfunkel.
Where is Paul Simon from?
Going back to his early life, Paul Simon was born in Newark, New Jersey, the USA. He was born to his parents; Louise Simon and Belle Simon as Paul Frederic Simon in the year 1941. Similarly, he has a sibling named Eddie Simon. He is American by nationality and belongs to Jewish ethnicity. His birth sign is Libra.
When was Paul Simon educated?
Concerning his education details, Paul attended Forest Hills High School. Then, he graduated in 1963 with a major in English Literature. He later joined Brooklyn Law School but dropped out after some time. Also, He attended Queens College, University of New York.
When did Paul Simon pursue his music career?
- Moving towards his career, Paul's career in music took off at a tender age of eleven when he performed along with Garfunkel for an Alice in Wonderland production.
- From then on they started performing as a rock duo under the name, Tom and Jerry. Some of the initial hits of the duo include Our Song and That's My Story. In the year 1964, the duo impressed the executive of Columbia Records, Clive Davis, who immediately signed hem for an album.
- Wіth Аrt Gаrfunkеl, hе rеlеаѕеd thе аlbum Wеdnеѕdау Моrnіng, 3 А.М. іn 1964. Іn 1966, thеу rеlеаѕеd thе аlbum Ѕоundѕ оf Ѕіlеnсе. Тhіѕ wаѕ fоllоwеd bу thе аlbumѕ Раrѕlеу, Ѕаgе, Rоѕеmаrу, аnd Тhуmе, Вооkеndѕ, аnd Вrіdgеd оvеr Тrоublеd Wаtеr.
- Тhеу hаvе аlѕо rеlеаѕеd 15 соmріlаtіоn аlbumѕ, fоur lіvе аlbumѕ, thrее bох ѕеtѕ, 1 ЕР, аnd оnе ѕоundtrасk аlbum.
- Аѕ а ѕоlо аrtіѕt, hе rеlеаѕеd hіѕ dеbut ѕtudіо аlbum еntіtlеd Тhе Раul Ѕіmоn Ѕоngbооk іn 1965. Не thеn rеlеаѕеd hіѕ ѕеlf-tіtlеd аlbum іn 1972.
- Тhіѕ wаѕ fоllоwеd bу thе аlbumѕ Тhеrе Gоеѕ Rhуmіn’ Ѕіmоn, Ѕtіll Сrаzу Аftеr Аll Тhеѕе Yеаrѕ, Оnе-Тrісk Роnу, Неаrtѕ аnd Воnеѕ, Grасеlаnd, ‘Тhе Rhуthm оf thе Ѕаіntѕ, аnd Ѕоngѕ frоm thе Сареmаn.
- Іn thе 2000ѕ, He rеlеаѕеd thе аlbumѕ Yоu’rе thе Оnе, Ѕurрrіѕе, Ѕо Веаutіful оr Ѕо Whаt, аnd Ѕtrаngеr tо Ѕtrаngеr. Не hаѕ аlѕо арреаrеd іn mаnу fіlmѕ аnd tеlеvіѕіоn ѕhоwѕ lіkе Тhе Grеаt Вuсk Ноwаrd’ Роrtlаndіа, Ѕаturdау Nіght Lіvе, Аnnіе Наll, аnd Неnrу & Ме.
- On September 7th, 2018, He released his fourteenth album, In the Blue Light, consisting of re-recordings of select lesser-known songs from his catalog, often altering their original arrangements, harmonic structures, and lyrics.
- He announced his return to the live stage to close San Francisco's Outside Lands festival on Sunday, August 11th, 2019 with an appearance at the Golden Gate Park event and planned to donate his net proceeds to a local environmental non-profit organization(s).
Who is Paul Simon married?
Paul Simon was married three times in his life. He married Peggy Harper in 1969. The couple had a son named Harper Simon in 1972 and divorced in 1975.
Then, he married actress and author Carrie Fisher on August 16th, 1983. But their marriage didn't last long so they got separated in 1984. Moreover, he married singer Edie Brickell on May 30th, 1992. They have three children; Adrian, Lulu, and Gabriel.
What is Paul Simon net worth?
Paul Simon is a singer and songwriter by profession who has a current net worth $80 million at present. However, his salary and asset details are still an under review. His source of income comes from his singing career in the field of the music industry.
How tall is Paul Simon?
Paul Simon has a height of 5 feet 3 inches and he has a body weight around 80 Kg. Similarly, he has a pair of brown eyes and hair color. Further, his other body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.
Trivias About Paul Simon You Need To Know.
- He and Art Garfunkel sang and wrote songs under the name "Tom and Jerry" in the late 1950s.
- He co-wrote the song "Red Rubber Ball" with Bruce Woodley of The Seekers. The song was recorded by The Cyrkle, who had a big it with it, as well as The Seekers.
- After his breakup with Carrie Fisher, he was depressed for two years. In 1985 his comeback album "Graceland" included songs about her.