Facts About Pauline Collins
|Celebrated Name||Pauline Collins|
|Age||82 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Pauline Collins|
|Birth Name||Pauline Collins|
|Place Of Birth||Exmouth, Devon, England|
|Father||William Henry Collins|
|High School||Sacred Heart High School|
|Spouse||John Alderton (m. 1969)|
|Source of Wealth||Acting career|
|Net Worth||$5 million|
|Height||5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm tall|
|Body Measurement||36-23-37 inches|
|Hair Color||Dark brown|
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
Pauline Collins is a British actress who is well recognized for portraying Sarah Moffat in "Upstairs, Downstairs" (1971-1973) and its spin-off, "Thomas & Sarah" (1979). She earned a 1990 Oscar nomination for her leading role in "Shirley Valentine". She made her London West End debut in a 1965 production of "Passion Flower Hotel". Collins had recurring television roles on "Mount Pleasant", "Bleak House", and "The Ambassador". She released her autobiography, titled "Letter to Louise" in 1992. Before turning to acting career, Pauline worked as a teacher until 1962. She made her stage debut at Windsor in "A Gazelle in Park Lane" in 1962. Paulins made her first film, "Secrets of a Windmill Girl" which was released in 1966.
- Being a British actress.
- For playing the title role in the play "Shirley Valentine".
What Nationality is Pauline Collins?
Pauline Collins stepped for the very first time on 3rd September 1940 in Exmouth, Devon, England. She holds British nationality and she is of mixed ethnicity as she is of Irish descent. Likewise, her religion is Roman Catholic and her race is white. Pauline's present age is 81 which she celebrated in the September of 2021 and as per her birth date, her zodiac sign is Virgo. She is the daughter of Mary Honora (mother), a schoolteacher, and William Henry Collins (father), a school headmaster.
Moving to Pauline's education, she was educated at Sacred Heart High School and studied at the Central School of Speech and Drama in London.
Pauline Collins Career Timeline
- Pauline Collins conceived her acting career making her stage debut at Windsor in "A Gazelle in Park Lane" in 1962 and her West End debut in "Passion Flower Hotel" in 1965 after which she made her first film, "Secrets of a Windmill Girl", released in 1966.
- Then she played Samantha Briggs in the 1967 "Doctor Who" serial "The Faceless Ones" as well as she starred in the UK's first medical soap "Emergency Ward 10" (1960), and the pilot episode and first series of "The Liver Birds", both in 1969.
- She gained much fame after she was seen as the maid Sarah in the 1970s ITV drama series "Upstairs, Downstairs".
- Likewise, she can be seen in numerous films and Tv series like "Thomas & Sarah" (1979), "Wodehouse Playhouse" (1975-1978), "Little Miss", "No, Honestly", and many others.
- As well, Pauline recorded a 1973 single for "Decca: What Are We Going to Do with Uncle Arthur?".
- Later she appeared in the one-woman play "Shirley Valentine" in London in 1988, reprising the role on Broadway in 1989 and in the 1989 film version after which she starred in the drama series "Forever Green".
- Her film credits include 1992's "City of Joy", 1995's "My Mother's Courage", 1997's "Paradise Road", and 2002's "Mrs. Caldicot's Cabbage War" whereas her other television credits include "The Saint", "The Wednesday Play", "Armchair Theatre", "Play for Today", "Tales of the Unexpected", "Country Matters", and "The Black Tower".
- She played the lead role of the British ambassador to Ireland in the BBC television drama "Ambassador" in 1999 and 2000.
- Also, Pauline became only the third actor to have been in both the original and new series of "Doctor Who" in 2006.
- She was cast as part of Sky 1's new comedy-drama "Mount Pleasant" in 2011 and she played the role of Sue, Lisa's mum, in the first two series running into 2012. However, Collins did not return to the third series in 2013, and her character was killed off in the fourth.
- She appeared as Mrs. Gamp in the BBC TV series "Dickensian" in late 2015 as well as she was appointed an Officer of the Order of the British Empire in the 2001 Birthday Honours for services to drama.
Awards and Achievements
- Laurence Olivier Award for Best Actress (winner)
- Tony Award in 1989 for Best Actress in a Play (winner)
- Theatre World Award for Outstanding Broadway Debut (winner)
- Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Actress in a Play (winner)
- Outer Critics Circle Award for Best Actress (winner)
- Academy Award for Best Actress (nominee)
- Golden Globe Award for Best Actress, Comedy or Musical (nominee)
- BAFTA for Best Film Actress (winner)
Pauline Collins Husband: What is she married to?
Pauline Collins is a married actress. She tied a knot with an actor John Alderton in 1969 and lives in Hampstead, London, with her husband and their three children, Nicholas, Kate, and Richard. Pauline also has an older daughter with actor Tony Rohr, Louise, who was adopted. They were reunited when Louise was 22 years old. Talking about her sexual orientation, she is straight.
Pauline Collins Salary and Net Worth
Pauline Collins is among those few individuals that have such a wide range of experience and remains true to whatever she embarks on. She has a net worth of $5 million as of 2022 whereas she has also a handsome amount of salary which is also in thousands of dollars per year. Collins appeared in a TV commercial for Maxwell House coffee in 1981. In addition, her major source of income is from her acting career.
Pauline Collins Height and Weight: How tall is he?
Pauline Collins is 5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm tall and her body weighs around 62 kg or 136.5 lbs. She has dark brown hair and eyes color. Additionally, Pauline's body build type is average and her body measurements are 36-23-37 inches. She has kept her body maintained at this age too which is so awesome.
Trivias About Pauline Collins You Need To Know.
- Collins made her London West End debut in a 1965 production of Passion Flower Hotel.
- She spent her childhood years growing up in Wallasey, Cheshire.
- Before beginning with her acting pursuits, she was employed as a teacher until 1962.
- Collins's autobiography titled Letter to Louise was released in 1992.
- Her zodiac sign is Virgo.