Peter Jones - Bio, Net Worth, Wife, Partner, Age, Family, Nationality, Facts, Height, Wiki, Salary, TV Shows, Career, Parent, Kids, Company, Education
Peter David Jones, professionally known as Peter Jones is a British entrepreneur, businessman, and reality television personality with interests in mobile phones, television, media, leisure, retail, and property. He is well recognized for being the last remaining original investor on the BBC Two and now BBC One show "Dragons' Den" and on American television series "American Inventor". After attending the Windsor Boys' School, he founded both a bar and a computer business in his native Berkshire, England. As well, he is active in social media as he has gained more than 120k followers on his Instagram account and over 937.1K followers on his Twitter account. Additionally, Peter was also appointed Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) in the 2009 New Year Honours.
Peter Jones was rushed to hospital
Peter Jones revealed how he was rushed to hospital after he "collapsed on the floor". He opened up about his terrifying ordeal after a candidate delivered a business pitch about deep vein thrombosis. Sharing his 2011 experience, Peter said: "I know that this is an issue. I was coming back on a flight from Los Angeles, and I basically ended up in hospital in Windsor with a tube in my groin. He said how he "collapsed on the flood dead" after suffering a "massive bilateral pulmonary embolism". His ordeal came just nine days before he was due to get married and he had injured his knee a few weeks prior. "It was without a doubt because I wasn't moving for a long period of time. "Ever since, I've done exactly the same as you. I literally move all the time, and even when I'm sitting in this chair."
What is Peter Jones Famous For?
- Being a British entrepreneur, businessman, and reality television personality with interests in mobile phones, television, media, leisure, retail, and property.
- For being the last remaining original investor on the BBC Two and now BBC One show "Dragons' Den" and on American television series "American Inventor".
What is Peter Jones's Real Name?
Peter Jones opened his eyes for the very first time on 18th March 1966 in Langley, Berkshire, England. He took birth with the real name of Peter David Jones in the Christian religion family. He holds British nationality and he came from British-white ethnic background. Jones has celebrated his 55th birthday as of 2021 and as per his birthdate, his star sign is Pisces. Thus, his race is white. He is the son of David Jones (father) whereas his mother's name is not known yet.
Talking about Peter's education, he attended Desborough School and, subsequently, The Windsor Boys' School.
What does Peter Jones do for a living?
- Peter Jones began his career making a personal computer under his own brand when he was only 16 years old which was failed when he was in his twenties.
- Then he joined Siemens Nixdorf and opened a cocktail bar in Windsor based on the Tom Cruise film "Cocktail".
- Jones, together with Theo Paphitis, a fellow panelist on Dragons' Den, bought gift experience company Red Letter Days in 2005 from another fellow panelist Rachel Elnaugh, under whose ownership it had collapsed.
- He also founded other businesses between 2004 and 2008, including Wines4Business.com as well as he founded The Peter Jones Foundation on 1st July 2005.
- He founded the Peter Jones Enterprise Academy (PJEA, formerly NEA) to teach entrepreneurial capabilities within the UK in 2009 and owns a TV production company called Peter Jones TV, and has several property investments.
- He became the owner and chief executive of Jessops in the United Kingdom in 2013 and he is also the sole remaining original Dragon on the BBC's "Dragons' Den".
- He sold his television show idea called "The Inventor" to the American Broadcasting Company as well as he appeared on GMTV to talk about "Dragons' Den" and his new ITV show "Tycoon" on the 21st September 2006.
- Jones appeared in the fifth episode of the sixth series of "Hustle" in January 2010 and appeared in ITV2's "Celebrity Juice" in May 2010, and "James Corden's World Cup Live" in June.
- He has twice participated in the "Star in a Reasonably-Priced Car" segment of "Top Gear" as well as he is also the Ambition Ambassador for the business software company Sage Group.
Who is Peter Jones Married To?
Peter Jones is a married man. He was married to Caroline with whom he later separated. They had two children; Annabelle and William. He currently lives in Buckinghamshire with his partner, Tara, and has three children. They are having a blissful life sharing lots of love with each other and they are very less likely to get a divorce. Talking about Peter's sexual orientation, he is straight.
How much is Peter Jones Net Worth?
Peter Jones has a net worth of $400 million as of 2022. He made his money through companies like Phones International Group, Red Letter Day, and the Peter Jones TV production company. He also earns a fine amount of salary which is around $10 million per year. Jones sold part of Phones International Group, Wireless Logic, for £38 million in 2011. In addition, his major source of income is from his entrepreneur, businessman, and reality television personality with interests in mobile phones, television, media, leisure, retail, and property career.
What is the Height of Peter Jones?
Peter Jones stands at a tall height of 6 ft 7 in (201 cm) with balanced body weight. He has good-looking dark brown hair and eyes color. Moreover, Peter's body build type is average.
Trivias About Peter Jones You Need To Know.
- After attending the Windsor Boys' School, he founded both a bar and a computer business in his native Berkshire, England.
- In 2013, The Sunday Times estimated his net worth to be nearly five million United Kingdom Pounds.
- He and fellow businessman Duncan Bannatyne were both stars of Dragons' Den.
- According to the Sunday Times Rich List in 2021, Jones is worth an estimated £1.157bn.[
- He was appointed Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) in the 2009 New Year Honours.