Last updated on October 6th, 2019 at 10:21 am
Facts About Peter Sissons
|Celebrated Name||Peter Sissons|
|Age||80 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Peter Sissons|
|Place Of Birth||Liverpool|
|Father||George Robert Percival Sissons|
|School||Dovedale Junior School|
|University||University College, Oxford|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Body Measurement||Will Add Soon|
|Children||Kate, Michael, Jonathan|
|Net Worth||$8 Million|
|Salary||Will Add Soon|
|Death Date||1st October 2019|
|Cause Of Death||Will Add Soon|
A very famous English broadcast journalist from Liverpool was named for Peter George Sissons. He was recognized as Peter Sissons worldwide. For the BBC Nine O'Clock News and the BBC Ten O'Clock News, he was the presenter between 1993 and 2003. He has also presented the BBC's Question Time program and later retired in the year 2009. Overall, he was a very talented person.
Death of Peter
At the age of 77, Peter died on 1st October 2019 in Maidstone, Kent, England. The Director-General of the BBC Tony Hall hailed him as "one of the great television figures of his time". The cause of his death has not been announced yet.
Early Life of Peter
Peter was born on 17th July 1942 as Peter George Sissons in Liverpool, Lancashire, England. His nationality is English and his ethnicity is White. He was the third of four brothers, sons of Merchant Navy officer George Robert Percival Sissons and his wife Elsie Emma (Evans). His religion is Christian. He attended Dovedale Junior School and passed the eleven-plus and attended the Liverpool Institute for Boys from 1953 to 1961 with the theatre producer Bill Kenwright, the politician Steven Norris, and Beatles George Harrison and Paul McCartney. He achieved his further study at University College, Oxford where he was Treasurer of the University College Players.
Body Measurements of Peter
Peter was a very handsome person. He got a very charming smile in his face attracting a lot of people towards him. His hair color is white and eye color is black. He has a tall height of 5 ft 9 in with the perfect weight of 76 KG matching with his body. His other body measurements is still to get unfold but it will be added soon.
Career of Peter
- In the year 1964, Peter kick start his career by joining ITN as a journalist.
- In 1968, he was gunfire and he was wounded in the Biafran War which made his severe nerve damage in his left leg.
- After his recovery, he became ITN's Industrial Editor, covering many high-profile disputes during the 1970s.
- He then joined the list of presenters of ITN's lunchtime News at One bulletin, alternating with Leonard Parkin in the year 1976.
- He co-presented ITN's 1983 General Election Night programs (with Sir Alastair Burnet and Martyn Lewis) and in 1987 (with Burnet and Alastair Stewart).
- He presented the first edition of Channel 4 News in the year 1982 with Trevor McDonald and Sarah Hogg and remained on the program for seven years, anchoring the only debate between the National Union of Mineworkers leader Arthur Scargill and National Coal Board leader Ian MacGregor during the Miners' Strike.
- In December 1988, he presented on the night of the Lockerbie bombing.
- He received a death threat following his interview of an Iranian representative as part of the reaction surrounding the publication of The Satanic Verses, with the fatwa covering Salman Rushdie extended to cover him as well in 1989.
- After that, he left ITN 1989 and he joined BBC in June 1989 by taking over from Sir Robin Day as the presenter of Question Time.
- He continued until December 1993.
- He then co-presented BBC's 1992 General Election Night coverage with Dimbleby and Peter Snow.
- He also hosted the BBC Nine O'Clock News and the Ten O'Clock News.
- He reportedly accused the BBC of ageism in response to its decision to remove him from the bulletin.
- He then announced the death of the Queen Mother on the BBC in the year 2002 which created controversy and criticism from some newspapers as he wore a burgundy tie and not a black one, deemed more appropriate for such news.
- He presented weekend afternoons on BBC News, News 24 Sunday, The Andrew Marr Show.
- He then announced his intention to retire in the summer in order to write his memoirs in the year 2009.
- After his retirement, he published in 2011 his autobiography When One Door Closes in which he was highly critical of his former employer, the BBC.
Personal Life of Peter
Peter was a huge fan and a big supporter of Liverpool Football Club.
Marital Status, Wife, Children
Peter was a married person and he was married to his beautiful wife Sylvia. The couple was also blessed with three children. One of the children, Kate Sissons is an actress. The name of his other children is Jonathan and Michael Sissons. Before his death, the couple is living a happy life with their children.
Net Worth of Peter
The net worth of this famous broadcast journalist would be surely in millions. At the time of his death, his net worth is estimated to have $8 Million as of 2019. Moreover, his salary is still to get unfold but there is no doubt in the mind of his follower that he was earning a considerable amount of salary from his profession. As he has not mentioned anything about his salary, it is being calculated. He was living a luxurious lifestyle before his death.