Facts About Philip Glenister
|Celebrated Name||Philip Glenister|
|Age||60 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Philip Haywood Glenister|
|Place Of Birth||Harrow, Middlesex, England|
|Parents||John Glenister (father) and Joan Glenister (mother)|
|High School||Hatch End High School|
|Source of Wealth||Acting career|
|Net Worth||$3 million|
|Hair Color||Light brown|
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
Philip Haywood Glenister is an English actor who is best known for his role as DCI Gene Hunt in the BBC series "Life on Mars" (2006-2007) and its sequel "Ashes to Ashes" (2008-2010). He is professionally known as Philip Glenister. He also played DCI William Bell in "State of Play" (2003) and "Reverend Anderson in Outcast" (2016-2018). He appeared as William Dobbin on the series "Vanity Fair" as well as he was in Woody Allen's film, "You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger". Besides, his book on the 1970s and 1980s culture, "Things Ain't What They Used to Be", was published in October 2008.
What is Philip Glenister Famous For?
- Being an English actor.
- For his role as DCI Gene Hunt in the BBC series "Life on Mars" (2006-2007) and its sequel "Ashes to Ashes" (2008-2010).
Where is Philip Glenister From?
Philip Glenister opened his eyes for the very first time on 10th February 1963 in Harrow, Middlesex, England. His real name is Philip Haywood Glenister and his religion is Christian. He is of British nationality and he came from a mixed ethnic background. Philip's present age is 59 which he celebrated recently in 2022 and as per his birthdate, his star sign is Aquarius. Thus, his race is white. He is the son of director John Glenister (father) and Joan Glenister (mother). Philip is also the younger brother of fellow actor Robert Glenister.
Talking about Philip's education, he attended Hatch End High School, and with the encouragement of his then-sister-in-law Amanda Redman, he pursued acting and attended the Central School of Speech and Drama.
Philip Glenister Career Timeline
- Philip Glenister kicks off his career starring in various TV series including "Minder", "The Ruth Rendell Mysteries", "Heartbeat", "The Chief", "Dressing for Breakfast", and "Silent Witness" in the early 1990s.
- He appeared in "Sharpe's Justice" as Richard Sharpe's half-brother Matt Truman in 1997 and co-starred as a mini-cab driver who aspires to be a rock star in the series Roger Roger from 1998 to 1999.
- He starred in two of the "Hornblower" TV films as Horatio's antagonist Gunner Hobbs in 2001 and played the photographer who took nude photos for a Women's Institute fundraising calendar in the 2003 feature film "Calendar Girls".
- As well, he read the Bedtime Story for the BBC's children's channel, CBeebies in April 2006 and returned to the slot in February/March 2007.
- He played social reformer and estate manager Mr. Carter in the 2007 BBC costume drama "Cranford".
- Subsequently, he gained much fame starring as DCI Gene Hunt in "Life on Mars" (2006-2007) after which he also worked with Simm on "State of Play" and "Clocking Off" and the 2008 crime film "Tuesday".
- He reunited with John Simm once more in the Sky TV mini-series "Mad Dogs" in 2011 and appeared in the 2012 premiere of the play "This House".
- As well, he played the role of Mr. Trevor Gunn, a lothario PE teacher in David Walliams' BBC One comedy series "Big School" and had a leading role in the Kudos-produced BBC drama, "From There to Here" in 2014.
- He presented the Channel 4 series "For The Love Of Cars" with fellow classic car enthusiast Ant Anstead and had a leading role in Robert Kirkman's TV adaptation of "Outcast" in 2016.
- He starred in an episode of Inside No. 9 called "The Bill" in 2017 as well as he worked with his Clocking Off co-star, "Lesley Sharp in Living the Dream".
- Also, he presented the true-crime show, "What the Killer Did Next on Crime & Investigation" and appeared in Julian Fellowes' 2020 television adaptation "Belgravia".
- Apart from acting, a book by Philip on the 1970s and 1980s culture, "Things Ain't What They Used to Be", was published in October 2008.
Who is Philip Glenister married to?
Philip Glenister is a married man. He has been married to actress Beth Goddard since 2006. Together, they have two daughters named Millie and Charlotte. Beth's supportive of him and the profession that he is in. There's much love between the two. Reflecting on Philip's sexual orientation, he is straight.
How much is Philip Glenister Net Worth?
Philip Glenister has a net worth of $3 million as of 2022 whereas his exact amount of salary has not been disclosed yet. With his hard work and luck by his side, he can double the amount of wealth he has today. In addition, his major source of income is from his acting career and he is sincere in his work.
What is the Height of Philip Glenister?
Philip Glenister stands at an ideal height of 1.83 m with a balanced bodyweight of 75 kg. He has light brown hair and dark brown eyes color. Moreover, his body build type is average.
Trivias About Philip Glenister You Need To Know.
- He played the corrupt Gene Hunt on the sci-fi drama Life on Mars and appeared in Kingdom of Heaven.
- He was in Woody Allen's film, You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger.
- He had two children with actress Beth Goddard, whom he married in 2006.
- He is of Welsh ancestry from his maternal side.
- A book by Glenister on 1970s and 1980s culture, Things Ain't What They Used to Be, was published in October 2008.