Facts About Pop Smoke
|23 Years Old
|Bashar Barakah Jackson
|Place Of Birth
|Will Add Soon
|19th February 2020
|Cause Of Death
|5 ft 5 in
|Will Add Soon
|Source of Wealth
Bashar Barakah Jackson famed as Pop Smoke was an American rapper and songwriter. He was signed to Victor Victor Worldwide and Republic Records. In April 2019, he released the song "Welcome to the Party", the lead single of his debut mixtape Meet the Woo, which was released in July 2019. "Welcome to the Party" was made into two remixes featuring Nicki Minaj and Skepta in August 2019. In February 2020, he released his second mixtape Meet the Woo 2, containing features from Quavo, A Boogie wit da Hoodie, Fivio Foreign and Lil Tjay. He died on February 19, 2020, after being shot during a home invasion.
Pop Smoke Death
The US rapper Pop Smoke has been killed, after an apparent armed robbery. Los Angeles Police told Radio 1 Newsbeat a man was shot at his home and later pronounced dead, although he didn't confirm his identity. But his label Republic Records says it's "devastated by the unexpected and tragic loss of Pop Smoke". Police responded to reports of a robbery - a man was then taken to hospital and later pronounced dead. Officers confirmed that an unknown number of suspects entered a property in West Hollywood. They got a call about a robbery at 04:55 PST and were at the scene six minutes later. Police say no suspects have been identified and no arrests have been made.
Where was Pop Smoke born?
Pop Smoke was born on 20th July 1999 in New York City, the USA. His real name was Bashar Barakah Jackson. His nationality was American and his ethnicity was Mixed. He was born to a Jamaican mother and a Panamanian father. He lastly celebrated his 20th birthday.
What was the Cause of Death of Pop Smoke?
Pop Smoke died at age 20 on February 19, 2020, after being fatally shot during a home invasion in Hollywood Hills, California. The home was being leased through a third-party management company; it belongs to Edwin Arroyave and his wife Teddi Mellencamp, one of the stars of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. As per the police, a group of people entered the home before 5:00 AM on February 19; one of them was masked and carrying a handgun. Police received word of the shooting from a caller on the East Coast and arrived on the scene. Unfortunately, he was found with gunshot wounds and was taken to the hospital, where he died. Four suspects fled the house and have not yet been located.
How was the Career of Pop Smoke?
- Pop Smoke got into music in 2018 while hanging around other recording artists during their studio sessions.
- He initially began by remixing popular songs within the New York City drill music scene, before embarking on creating original music which catapulted him to fame.
- In a Genius interview, he stated that his artist name of Pop Smoke is a combination of Papa (a nickname given to him by his Panamanian grandmother) and Smoke Oh Guap (a nickname given to him by childhood friends).
- In April 2019, he released his breakout single, "Welcome to the Party", the lead single of his debut mixtape, Meet the Woo (2019).
- The song was later remixed, featuring Nicki Minaj and Skepta in August 2019.
- The song was noted for its usage of UK drill production, later commonly seen throughout his discography.
- His other songs include: "Mpr", "Flexin" and "Dior".
- Following the rise to the popularity of "Welcome to the Party", he collaborated with other popular artists on singles such as "War" featuring Lil Tjay, "100k on a Coupe" featuring Calboy.
- He was featured on "Gatti" with JackBoys and Travis Scott, which was featured on the JackBoys (2019) album by Scott and his Cactus Jack members.
- He released his second mixtape Meet the Woo 2 with features from Quavo, A Boogie wit da Hoodie, Fivio Foreign and Lil Tjay in February 2020.
- The following week of its release, a deluxe edition was released featuring three new songs including: "Wolves" with Nav, Dior (Remix) with Gunna and "Like Me" with PnB Rock.
- He was arrested at John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York on a charge of transporting a stolen vehicle across state lines on 17th January 2020.
- He pleaded not guilty and was released on $250,000 bail on the same day.
Was Pop Smoke Married or Not?
Pop Smoke was not married at the time of his death. But he was engaged in a relationship. He was having a girlfriend named Jazzyy Mulani. Interestingly, he had not mentioned his girlfriend or sweetheart on his Instagram profile. The rapper seems to maintain a secretive relationship with his girlfriend.
What was the Net Worth of Pop Smoke?
The net worth of this famous rapper is believed to have $750K as of 2020. Whereas his exact salary is still being calculated but it will be added soon once we get information about it. His major source of earning was from his singing career. Prior to his death, he was satisfied with his earnings.
How tall was Pop Smoke?
Pop Smoke was a very handsome person with a charming personality. He had a tall height of five feet five inches with a bodyweight of 59 Kg. His chest size was 35 in, waist size was 30 in and biceps size was 14 in. His shoe size was 7 US. His hair color and eye color, both were blacks.
Trivias About Pop Smoke You Need To Know.
- He was signed to Victor Victor Worldwide and Republic Records.
- In April 2019, he released the song "Welcome to the Party", the lead single of his debut mixtape Meet the Woo, which was released in July 2019.
- In February 2020, he released his second mixtape Meet the Woo 2, containing features from Quavo, A Boogie wit da Hoodie, Fivio Foreign and Lil Tjay.
- He died on February 19, 2020, after being shot during a home invasion.