Last updated on August 14th, 2023 at 12:13 pm
Facts About Post Malone
|Celebrated Name||Post Malone|
|Age||27 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Post Malone|
|Birth Name||Austin Richard Post|
|Birth Nation||United States|
|Place Of Birth||Syracuse, New York|
|Mother||Jodie Post (Stepmother)|
|Height||6 feet 2 inch|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Education||Grapevine High School|
|Famous For||Firdt album 'Stoney'|
|Net Worth||$14 Million|
Austin Richard Post famed 'Post Malone' is an American rapper, singer, songwriter, and record producer. Starting his music career as an independent artist in 2013, he is still active in the music field. He rose to fame with his 2015 debut single "White Iverson" which peaked at number 14 on the US Billboard Hot 100. Signing with a recording contract, Republic Records; he released his debut studio album "Stoney" which consists of the hit single "Congratulations". The album set the record for most weeks (77) on the US Billboard Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart. His second album, "Beerbongs & Bentleys" (2018), debuted at number one on the US Billboard 200 and set several streaming records. The album consists of Hot 100 number-one singles "Rockstar" and "Psycho". Throughout his career, he won 10 Billboard Music Awards, three American Music Awards, one MTV Video Music Award, and has received six Grammy Award nominations. He has been said 'culture vulture' numerous times by various magazines for 'appropriating' African-American culture. He has credited Bob Dylan, Kurt Cobain, Johnny Cash, 50 Cent, and Kanye West as some of his musical influences. His vocal style is described as laconic. In July 2021, he released a new song Motley Crew which was his first solo single in the last two years. On 27th April 2022, he revealed that his fourth album "Twelve Carat Toothache" will be released on June 3, 2022.
What is Post Malone Famous For?
- Being an American rapper, singer, and songwriter.
- For his introspective songwriting and variegated vocal styles.
- For blending genres and subgenres of pop, hip hop, R&B, and trap.
- For his debut single, White Iverson, which was in part inspired by basketball star, Allen Iverson.
- Collaborating with famous rappers such as Kanye West, Young Thug, and 50 Cent.
Where is Post Malone From?
Post Malone was born on 4th July 1995. He is from Syracuse, New York, the USA. His born name is Austin Richard Post. He is American by nationality and his ethnicity is Mixed. He is of Polish, English, Scottish, and German descent. Cancer is his Zodiac sign and his religion is Christianity. He started playing the guitar at a small age and even he auditioned for the band "Crown the Empire" in 2010 but was rejected after his guitar strings broke during the audition. He credited his initial interest in learning guitar to the video game Guitar Hero. According to Malone, his first foray into professional music began when he was in a heavy metal band.
Post Malone was born to his father, Rich Post, and his mother. His father had been a DJ in his youth and introduced Malone to many different genres of music including hip hop, country, and rock. When Malone was nine years old, he and his family moved to Grapevine, Texas. There, his dad used to work as an assistant director of food and beverage for the Dallas Cowboys. He was raised by his stepmother, Jodie Post, and his dad. Details about his biological mother is still to get unfolded yet. He celebrated his 26th birthday as of 2021.
About his education, Post Malone went to Grapevine High School from where he graduated. Then, he went to Tarrant County College. But he dropped out of college just after a couple of months.
Post Malone Career Timeline
- As per him, he chose "Post Malone" as his stage name when he was 14 or 15. He used a "rap name generator" to get "Malone".
- Using audio editor Audacity, he created his first mixtape, "Young and After Them Riches" when he was 16.
- As a teenager, he worked at a Chicken Express.
- Post and several other producers and artists formed the music group 'BLCKVRD' and recorded music together. They produced several tracks including "White Iverson".
- In February 2015, upon completion, it was uploaded to Post's SoundCloud account. On 19th July 2015, he released a music video for "White Iverson".
- In the year 2015, he signed a recording contract with Republic Records. After that, he started working with rappers such as 50 Cent, Young Thug, and Kanye West, among others.
- He performed at Kylie Jenner's 18th birthday party. At the party, Kanye West enjoyed his music, leading to him collaborating with Post on his single "Fade" from his album The Life of Pablo.
- On 20th April 2016, he premiered his new single, "Go Flex" on Zane Lowe's Beats 1 show.
- On 12th May 2016, he released his first full-length project which was a mixtape titled "August 26".
- On 9th June, he made his national television debut on Jimmy Kimmel Live, performing "Go Flex".
- He was considered for XXL's "2016 Freshmen Class" magazine cover.
- In December 2016, he released his first album titled "Stoney" which was certified triple platinum. The album contained the diamond hit single "Congratulations". The album set the record for most weeks (77) on the US Billboard Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart. Stoney also featured the top 100 hits "I Fall Apart", and "Deja Vu", featuring Bieber, with the album, later being certified double platinum by the RIAA in October 2017.
- His second album, "Beerbongs & Bentleys" (2018), debuted at number one on the US Billboard 200 and set several streaming records. It also contained the Hot 100 number-one singles "Rockstar" and "Psycho", and was nominated for Album of the Year at the 2018 Grammy Awards. His third number one, "Sunflower" (with Swae Lee), was the promotional and lead single to the soundtrack for the film Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018).
- His third album "Hollywood's Bleeding" was released in 2019. The album debuted at number one on the Billboard 200, selling 489,000 album-equivalent units in its first week. The album's second single, "Circles", also reached number one and set the record for the most weeks (39) in the top ten on the Hot 100. Hollywood's Bleeding would also go on to be nominated for Album Of the Year at the 2021 Grammys.
- In July 2019, he released the single "Goodbyes" featuring Young Thug, and also announced the Runaway Tour with Swae Lee as the opener.
- On 12th March 2020, his concert at Denver's Pepsi Center proceeded as scheduled, drawing a sellout crowd of 20,000, likely the last large-scale enclosed gathering in the U.S. before COVID-19 pandemic lockdowns.
- Furthermore, he received backlash for not canceling his sold-out arena show amid rising concerns over the COVID-19 pandemic.
- In late April 2020, he performed a live-streamed set consisting entirely of Nirvana covers from his home.
- He sang lead vocals and provided rhythm guitar for the set and was accompanied by drummer Travis Barker, bassist Brian Lee and lead guitarist Nick Mac.
- The performance raised over US$5 million for the World Health Organization's COVID-19 relief fund. Moreover, the performance also received praise from Nirvana surviving members Krist Novoselic and Dave Grohl, as well as Kurt Cobain's widow Courtney Love.
- In June 2020, he featured on Tyla Yaweh's single, "Tommy Lee".
- On 30th April 2021, he was featured on DJ Khaled's twelfth studio album Khaled Khaled on the song "I Did It" also featuring DaBaby, Megan Thee Stallion, and Lil Baby.
- On 9th July 2021, he released the single "Motley Crew" with an accompanying music video, featuring several guest stars, past collaborators, and friends including Tommy Lee, Tyga, Tyla Yaweh, and his manager Dre London.
- On 5th November, he released "One Right Now" as the lead single from his upcoming fourth studio album.
- On 26th January 2022, during his cover story will Billboard, he revealed that his fourth studio album would be titled "Twelve Carat Toothache". On 27th April 2022, he revealed that "Twelve Carat Toothache" will be released on 3rd June 2022.
Post Malone Awards and Achievements
Singer and songwriter, Post Malone is the recipient of multiple awards including three American Music Awards, ten Billboard Music Awards and a MTV Video Music Award. His awards include:
- Won ASCAP Pop Music Awards in 2019
- Won ASCAP Rhythm & Soul Music Awards in 2019
- Won Billboard Live Music Awards in 2016 for Purpose World Tour featuring Moxie Raia and Post Malone
- Won Billboard Live Music Awards in 2018
- Billboard Music Awards for his work in "Rockstar" (featuring 21 Savage) in 2018
- Billboard Music Awards for his work in "Rockstar" (featuring 21 Savage) in 2018
- Billboard Music Awards in 2020
- Won iHeartRadio Music Awards in 2020
- Won iHeartRadio Titanium Awards om 2019
- Won Juno Awards in 2019 for his work in "Beerbongs & Bentleys"
Who is Post Malone Mystery Girlfriend?
Post Malone is not married yet and he is still to get married. But he is currently in a relationship with a mystery girlfriend. With her, he is going to be a dad. He is expecting his first child with his mystery girlfriend whose name has not been disclosed yet. He has managed to keep his relationship with his girlfriend under the wraps. In January 2021, he was seen with a mystery woman while out shopping in West Hollywood. During his latest interaction with TMZ, he said, “I’m excited for this next chapter in my life, I’m the happiest I’ve ever been, and for since I could remember I was sad.” He continued, “Time to take care of my body and my family and friends, and spread as much love as we can every day.” As per the reports of TMZ, the couple also celebrated the exciting news with their close friends and family over the weekend in Southern California. They are set to start a new chapter of their lives together. Further, the baby's due date has not been clearly stated yet. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
Previously, Post Malone was reported to be in a relationship with a woman namely Ashlen Diaz. The duo started dating in 2015. Sources told Ashlen booked him for a show in Dallas at the nightclub. Their relationship became public in early 2015 after they showed up together for the radio show, 'The Breakfast Club'. According to Posty, the pair met at work and it was love at first sight. At that time, the Rockstar singer spilled the beans on his first meeting with Diaz and he said, “It was snowing, and I just came, and I met her, and I fell in love with this woman.” After three years of their love relationship, they split in November 2018. The reason for their split is still not known. Many people assumed that Post’s busy schedules might have been the cause behind their breakup. Post Malone was sued by a lawyer who claims he represented his ex-girlfriend Ashlen Diaz, negotiating a settlement between them after their breakup. As per the legal documents, obtained by The Blast, Martorell Law in Los Angeles filed a civil lawsuit against Post Malone and Ashlen Diaz claiming they were hired by Diaz after the breakup of the former couple. At the time, the law firm says they were hired to negotiate a settlement and payments from Malone to his ex-girlfriend following the end of their 3-year relationship was over. As of August 2020, Post Malone was romantically linked with Korean artist, rapper, fashion designer, and TikTok personality; MLMA (which stands for Me Love Me A Lot) whose real name is Baeck Ye-jin. She goes by @melovemealot on Instagram and @melovemealot555 on TikTok. Their relationship came to the public after MLMA posted several photographs of Post Malone to her Instagram account, causing hip-hop news outlets to speculate about the possibility of a romantic attachment between the two. She revealed photos of her and Post Malone together in a TikTok response to a fan who asked if the two were dating. The video was of Post Malone video strumming on a banjo. MLMA shared another clip that showed the two of them cuddling in the studio. It captioned "He is so cute". The post is not present on the social networking service right now as the singer deleted it later on. However, the pair never officially confirmed their relationship. Post Malone's name was also linked with a model, Kano Shimpo. The duo dated for around four months, from August 2019 until November 2019. The duo was spotted out and about in public getting cozy with each other but their love could not hold more.
How much is Post Malone Net Worth?
Post Malone is a talented rapper, singer, and songwriter who has made a huge amount of money through songs, albums, and singles. He is worldwide famous for his genre-defying music which consists of hip-hop, pop, country, and rock. As of 2022, the net worth of Post Malone is estimated to have $45 Million. His annual salary is around $5 Million at present. His main source of wealth is from the music industry. He is living a lavish lifestyle at present. In addition, he has done dozens of endorsements and even a line of rosé. His songs have been used in adverts. In 2021, he appeared in Bud Light's Super Bowl commercial alongside Cedric the Entertainer. He made $60 million between June 2019 and June 2020 from various endeavors. It makes him one of the highest-paid rappers in the world.
How tall is Post Malone?
Post Malone is a handsome singer with an average body build. He stands at the height of 6 feet 2 inches. His well-maintained body weight consists of 185 lbs. He has a pair of blue eyes and his hair color is dark brown. He has gold-grilled teeth. He has inked various tattoos in his body. Currently, he has at least 78 different tattoos. Especially he has face tattoos. Overall, he has got a healthy body with a charming personality attracting a lot of people towards him. In June 2021, Post Malone spent $1.6 million on his teeth to upgrade to natural porcelain veneers framed with 2 diamond fangs.
Trivias About Post Malone You Need To Know.
- Post has a tattoo of U.S. president John F. Kennedy on his arm.
- He chose Post Malone as his stage name when he was 14 or 15.
- Post was involved in a car crash on September 8, 2018, but was not injured in it.