Rabbi Matondo - Bio, Net Worth, Family, Age, Facts, Wiki, Height, Size
Rabbi Matondo is a Welsh professional football player who is well recognized for playing for the Scottish club Rangers and the Wales national team. On 15th August 2017, he made his debut for the Manchester City U21 side in the EFL Trophy as well as he joined EFL Championship club Stoke City on a loan deal until the end of the 2020-2021 season on 7th January 2021. Rabbi represented England at the under-15 level before switching allegiance to Wales at the under-17 level and received his first call-up for the senior Welsh squad for a friendly against Albania in November 2018. Additionally, Rangers announced the signing of Matondo on a four-year deal, subject to international clearance on 12th July 2022.
Rabbi Matondo Famous For
- He is a Welsh professional footballer.
- He plays as a winger for the Rangers and the Wales national team.
What Nationality is Rabbi Matondo?
Rabbi Matondo took birth on 9th September 2000 in Liverpool, England. He holds British nationality and he came from British-black ethnic background. Likewise, his religious belief is in the Christian religion and his race is black. Rabbi has celebrated his 21st birthday as of 2021 and as per his birthdate, his zodiac sign is Virgo. His father Dada Matondo played football in his native DR Congo. His mother's name is Monique Matondo. He also has two brothers named Cedrick and Japhet, both also play football at the youth level.
Talking about Rabbi's education, he attended Llanishen High School.
Rabbi Matondo Football Career
- Rabbi Matondo kicks off his football career playing for the youth team of Cardiff City in 2006 where he played until 2016.
- In 2016, he joined the youth team of Manchester City and made his debut for the Manchester City U21 side in the EFL Trophy on 15th August 2017 against Rotherham United, scoring his first goal in the side's next match, a 2-1 defeat to Bradford City.
- Rabbi signed for Bundesliga club Schalke 04 on a four-and-a-half-year deal for a reported fee of up to £11 million on 30th January 2019 and went on to play three seasons at the club.
- Three days later, he made his professional league debut in a 2-0 home loss to Borussia Monchengladbach, as a 75th-minute substitute for Sebastian Rudy; on 16th February he was given a start in a goalless home draw with SC Freiburg.
- He scored his first goal for Schalke in a 3-1 away victory over RB Leipzig o 28th September 2019 and joined EFL Championship club Stoke City on a loan deal until the end of the 2020-2021 season on 7th January 2021.
- On 24th April 2021, he played 11 times for Stoke, scoring once in a 1-1 draw with Nottingham Forest and agreed to join Cercle Brugge on a season-long loan with an option to make the move permanent on 9th August 2021.
- Rangers announced the signing of Matondo on a four-year deal, subject to international clearance on 12th July 2022.
- Rabbi Matondo represents DR Congo, England, or Wales at the international level as well as he represented England at the under-15 level before switching allegiance to Wales at the under-17 level.
- He received his first call up to the Wales under-21 squad in September 2017, making his debut for the side in a 3-1 victory over Liechtenstein.
- Rabbi made his first start for the under-21 side in a 1-1 draw with Georgia in the second of two friendlies against the nation in June 2018 and received his first call-up for the senior Welsh squad for a friendly against Albania.
- On 20th November 2018, he made his senior international team debut for Wales as a 78th-minute substitute in place of Sam Vokes as Wales lost 1-0 in Elbasan.
He started for Wales in a friendly against England on 8th October 2020 and came on as a halftime substitute for Wales in a Nations League Group A game against Poland on 1st June 2022. Unhappily, Wales lost 2-1 with Matondo providing the assist for Jonny Williams's Wales goal.
- Rangers on 12/07/2022 for 3M €
- FC Schalke 04 on 30/06/2022 at the end of the loan
- Cercle Brugge on 09/08/2021 at loan
- FC Schalke 04 on 30/06/2021 at the end of the loan
- Stoke City on 07/01/2021
- Manchester City U23 on 01/07/2017 From Man City U18
Is Rabbi Matondo Dating Anyone?
Rabbi Matondo is too young to get married and he also has not shared any pictures of himself with any girls on his social media accounts. So we can surely assume that he is living a single life. He is building his career rather than being in a love relationship. Concerning Rabbi's sexual orientation, he is straight.
What is the Net Worth of Rabbi Matondo?
Rabbi Matondo has a net worth of $2 million as of 2022 whereas he received £624,000 as a yearly salary from his current club. In January 2019, he signed for Bundesliga club Schalke 04 on a four-and-a-half-year deal for a reported fee of up to £11 million and went on to play three seasons at the club. In July 2022, he signed for Scottish club Rangers on a four-year deal for a transfer fee of € 3 million. In addition, his market value is around €4 million. Rabbi's major source of income is his football career.
How tall is Rabbi Matondo?
Rabbi Matondo is 5 feet and 9 inches tall and his body weighs around 66kg. He has an athletic body build. His eye color and hair color are black. Overall, Rabbi has got a healthy body with no tattoos on his body parts.
Trivias About Rabbi Matondo You Need To Know.
- He started playing football at the age of 6.
- He first played football in local parks with his father and brothers.
- His father, Dada played football in his native DR Congo.
- He holds Congolese, English, and Welsh nationality.