Rachael Leigh Cook - Bio, Net Worth, Married, Husband, Divorce, Family, Age, Nationality, Career, Surgery, Facts, Wiki, Measurements, Height, Children
Rachael Leigh Cook is an American actress, producer, model, and voice artist. She is best known for her role as Laney Boggs in the film 'She’s All That', as Kate Moretti in the TV series 'Perception' and as Abigail Lytar in the TV series 'Psych'. She has won YoungStar Award for Best Performance by a Young Actress in a Comedy Film and Teen Choice Awards for her performance in the film, 'She’s All That'. She is also voiced for various characters in animated series, 'Robot Chicken' and as Tifa Lockhart in the Final Fantasy series.
Rachael Leigh Cook was selected by the Obama administration as a Champion of Change for Arts Education in 2011. From 2012, she started to grant a small scholarship to students between ages 14 and 19 which helps pay for career classes, mentoring programs, and other school fees.
She is quite active in social media platforms with over 228k followers on Instagram @rachaelleighcook and over 102k followers on Twitter @RachaelLCook.
What is Rachael Leigh Cook famous for?
- Famous as an American actress and model.
Where is Rachael Leigh Cook born?
Rachael Leigh Cook was born on October 4, 1979, in Minneapolis, Minnesota, the USA. She was born to father, Thomas H. Cook who is a social worker and former stand-up comedian, and mother, Jo-Ann Cook who is a cooking instructor and weaver. She has a younger brother named Ben Cook.
She holds an American nationality and belongs to a White ethnic group. Her zodiac sign is Libra. She has an Italian ancestry from her mother's side.
Regarding her education, she attended Clara Barton Open School, Laurel Springs School, and Minneapolis South High School but there is no information about her educational qualification.
Rachael Leigh Cook Career Highlights
- Rachael Leigh Cook appeared in a public service announcement for foster care when she was seven years old.
- At the age of 10, she started working as a child print model and was seen nationwide in advertisements for Target and also appeared on the boxes of Milk-Bone dog biscuits.
- Rachael Leigh Cook started auditioning for acting work when she was just 14 years old and made her acting debut as an actress in the comedy-drama film, 'The Baby-Sitters Club' in 1995. The film was based on Ann M. Martin’s book series of the same name. The same year, she played the role of Rebecca 'Becky' Thatcher in the adventure film, 'Tom and Huck'.
- In 1996, she appeared in the short film, 26 Summer Street and in the comedy film, 'Carpool' as Kayla.
- The following year, she played the role of Emma Baker, a 15-year-old rape victim who is impregnated by her rapist in made-for-television crime drama film, 'Country Justice'. She has also appeared in some TV series and movies such as 'True Women', 'The Defenders: Payback', 'The House of Yes', and 'The Eighteenth Angel' in the same year.
- In 1998, she grabbed the national attention by appearing in the famous anti-drug commercial, 'This Is Your Brain on Drugs' where she was seen smashing an egg and destroying a kitchen with a frying pan as she spoke about the harmful effects of heroin on a person’s life.
- The same year, she made a guest appearance in the TV series, 'The Outer Limits' on an episode called "Glyphic". She has also starred in films such as 'All I Wanna Do', 'The Naked Man', and 'Living Out Loud' in that year.
- In 1999, she starred in her breakthrough role in the unforgettable romantic comedy film, 'She's All That' which is so far the most financially successful film in her career. She also played the role of Vera Johnson in the film, 'The Hi-Line', and the role of Cassie in the film, 'The Bumblebee Flies Anyway' in the same year.
- She voiced for the character Chelsea Cunningham in the animated film, 'Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker' in the year 2000. She has also provided her voice for Chelsea Cunningham in the animated TV series, 'Batman Beyond' for the episode "Last Resort" in the same year.
- As a model, she has appeared on the many magazines' covers such as for the U.S. issue of FHM, the March/April issue in 2000.
- Thereafter, she has appeared in several movies including 'Antitrust' (2001), 'Josie and the Pussycats' (2001), 'Tangled'(2001), 'Bookies' (2003), '11:14' (2003), 'Stateside' (2004) and 'American Crime' (2005).
- She also starred in the music video for New Found Glory's single "Dressed to Kill" in 2000, singer Daniel Powter's "Love You Lately" in 2006, and singer Khalid's "Young Dumb & Broke" in 2017.
- In 2005, she was appeared as the main cast in the television miniseries, 'Into the West' which was produced by Steven Spielberg and Dreamworks. The same year, she voiced for the character Tifa Lockhart in the Japanese computer-animated film, 'Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children'.
- In the following year, she played the role of Vanessa in a romantic comedy film, 'My First Weeding'. She was also voiced for various characters in the animated TV-series, 'Robot Chicken'.
- In 2007, she appeared in the big-screen adaptation of 'Nancy Drew'. She has also appeared in some films like 'Descent', 'All Hat', 'The Final Season' and 'Blonde Ambition' in the same year.
- In 2008, she made a guest appearance in an episode of the USA Network series, 'Psych' as Abigail Lytar, and in an episode of CBS series 'Ghost Whisperer' as Grace Adams.
- She has also played the role of Caitlin O'Shea in the film, 'Falling Up', and the role of Amanda Manning in the film, 'The Lodger' in 2009.
- In 2010, she signed for the female lead role as Elizabeth in Fox TV’s comedy pilot, 'Nirvana'. The following year, she starred in the horror-thriller film 'Vampire' and comedy-drama film, 'The Family'.
- She has also starred in the independent film, 'Broken Kingdom' which was directed by her husband, Daniel Gillies. The movie was premiered on October 2, 2012.
- She played the female lead role opposite Eric McCormack in the TNT crime drama series Perception from 2012 to 2015.
- In 2016, she starred in the Hallmark Channel original film, 'Summer Love', and also starred in another Hallmark film, 'Autumn In the Vineyard', followed by its sequel 'Summer in the Vineyard' in 2017 and 'Valentine in the Vineyard' in 2019.
- She appeared as Mary Campbell in the Hallmark Channel film, 'Frozen in Love' in 2018.
- In 2020, she guest-starred in crime drama TV series, 'Criminal Minds' on the episodes of "Saturday", "Date Night".
- In the video games 'Kingdom Hearts 2', 'Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy 7', 'Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy', as well as CG movie 'Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children' she has voiced for character Tifa Lockhart.
- She has voiced over for the video game 'Yakuza' in which she gave the voice of Reina.
- She is also the owner of her own production company, Ben’s Sister Productions which is in reference to her younger brother, Ben Cook. She produced and starred in the film, 'Love, Guaranteed' which debuted on Netflix on September 3, 2020.
Rachael Leigh Cook's Awards and Achievements
- In 1999, Rachael Leigh Cook won YoungStar Award for Best Performance by a Young Actress in a Comedy Film and Teen Choice Awards for her performance in the film, 'She’s All That'.
- The same year, she achieved a nomination of MTV Movie Awards under the category of Best Breakthrough Female Performance for She's All That.
- She has also won the Best Actress award at Santa Monica Film Festival for her performance in the film The Hi-Line in 2000.
- She won a Kids' Choice Awards and Blockbuster Entertainment Awards for her performance in the film She's All That in 2000.
- She won the Best Actress Award at New York International Independent Film & Video Festival for the film Sally.
- She has also won a Young Hollywood Award under the category of Superstar of Tomorrow – Female in 2001.
- In 2006, she won a Western Heritage Award under the category of Television Feature Film for Into the West.
- In 2002, she was ranked No. 26 in Stuff magazine's "102 Sexiest Women in the World".
Rachael Leigh Cook's Husband
Rachael Leigh Cook is a married woman. She married actor Daniel Gillies on 14 August 2004. The couple blessed with two children; a daughter Charlotte Easton Gillies who was born in September 2013, and son Theodore Vigo Sullivan Gillies who was born in April 2015.
The couple announced their separation in June 2019.
Rachael Leigh Cook's Height and Weight
Rachael Leigh Cook is a beautiful lady with a fair skin tone in her early 40s. She has an attractive hourglass body shape. She stands at a height of 1.58m ( 5 feet and 2 inches) tall and her body weighs around 57 kg (125 lbs.). She wears a bra size of 36B and a dress size of 4(US). Her shoe size is 8(US). Her hair color is Dark Brown and her eye color is also Darl Brown. Her sexual orientation is Straight.
Rachael Leigh Cook's Net Worth
Rachael Leigh Cook has quite good earnings from her professional career as an actress and model. As of 2020, her net worth is estimated to be $5 million. There is no information about her salary and other assets.