Rachel Maclean MP - Bio, Net Worth, Spouse, Age, Height, Facts, Career
Rachel Maclean is an English politician who has been a Member of Parliament for Redditch in Worchestershire since 2017. A member of the Conservative Party previously served as Parliamentary Private Secretary (PPS) to the Chancellor of the Exchequer, Sajid Javid from September 2019 to February 2020 and Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State from February 2020 to September 2021. She became Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Safeguarding during the cabinet reshuffle in September 2021.
What is Rachel Maclean Famous For?
- Member of Parliament for Redditch in Worcestershire since 2017.
Where is Rachel Maclean From?
Rachel Maclean was born on 3 October 1965. Her birth Rachel Helen Cooke. Her birth place is in Madras, Madras State in India. She holds British nationality. She was born to her father, David Cooke, and her mother, Anthea Cooke. She belongs to the white ethnicity and her religion is Christianity. Her zodiac sign is Libra.
Regarding her educational background, she attended St Hugh's College, Oxford where she studied Experimental Psychology. She later obtained her master's degree in Work and Occupational Psychology at Aston University.
Rachel Maclean Career
- After graduation, Rachel Maclean started working for the bank HSBC in 1989.
- She entered fast track management scheme and worked in Australia, Japan, and China.
- In 2005, she founded a publishing company specializing in information technology with her husband.
- Her political career started in 2015 when she contested the Birmingham Northfield seat in the general election of 2015.
- She finished second behind the incumbent Labour Party MP, Richard Burden.
- She was selected to be the Conservative candidate for the June snap general election for Redditch in 2017. She won the election.
- She sat on the Business, Energy, and Industrial Strategy Committee between September 2017 and June 2018.
- She co-chaired Andy Street's successful campaign to become the Mayor of the West Midlands.
- She was elected to be the chair of the All-Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) on Women in Parliament in February 2018.
- She also became the chair of the APPG on Carers and the APPG on Endangered Species.
- She was appointed as a Parliamentary Private Secretary (PPS) within the Home Office in March 2018.
- She was appointed as PPS to the Chancellor of the Exchequer, Sajid Javid in September 2019.
- She was the Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State at the Department for Transport in the Second Johnson ministry since February 2020.
- She was appointed Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State (Minister for Safeguarding) at the Home Office in September 2021.
Who is Rachel Maclean Husband?
Rachel Maclean is a married woman. She is married to David Maclean. The couple got married in 1992. They share four children together, three sons and a daughter.
She has two rescue dogs, Phoebe & Herbie.
What is Rachel Maclean Height?
Rachel Maclean stands at an average height. She has a balanced body weight. She has an average body build. Her eye color is brown and her hair color is dark blonde.
Her sexual orientation is straight.
What is Rachel Maclean Net Worth?
Rachel Maclean is the Member of Parliament for Redditch in Worchestershire since 2017. Prior to her political career, she worked in several sectors. She worked under HSBC's fast-track management scheme in Australia, Japan, and China. Maclean and her husband, David founded a publishing company specializing in information technology in 2005. She makes a decent income. At present, her net worth is estimated around $2 million.
Trivias About Rachel Maclean You Need To Know.
- She voted for the United Kingdom (UK) to remain within the European Union (EU) in the June 2016 membership referendum.
- She voted for then Prime Minister Theresa May's Brexit withdrawal agreement in March 2019.
- She supported Michael Gove in the 2019 Conservative Party leadership election.