Facts About Rachel Stevens
|45 Years Old
|Rachel Lauren Stevens
|Place Of Birth
|Southgate, London, England
|College / University
|London College of Fashion
|Alex Bourne (m. 2009)
|Source of Wealth
|Singer, television personality, actress and businesswoman career
|5 ft 1 in or 155 cm
|Wikipedia Instagram Twitter
Rachel Lauren Stevens, professionally known as Rachel Stevens is an English singer, television personality, actress, and businesswoman. She is well recognized for being a member of the pop group S Club 7 between 1999 and 2003. She first caught attention by winning a modeling contest sponsored by UK teen magazine "Just 17" in 1993, beating 5,000 other competitors. She also worked in a film company and later in public relations, but started to lose interest and decided to pursue a career in singing instead. She released her solo debut studio album "Funky Dory" in September 2003. In 2015, she began appearing on "The Voice" of Ireland as a judge. Stevens won a UK teen magazine modeling contest by beating out over five thousand other competitors. She placed second on the sixth season of the British version of Dancing with the Stars, "Strictly Come Dancing". Also, Rachel was a mentor assistant on "The X Factor New Zealand" in 2013. She will compete in the fourteenth series of "Dancing on Ice" in 2022.
Rachel Stevens reveals she is 'terrified' of making Dancing On Ice debut
Rachel Stevens has revealed she is "terrified" of making her debut on the upcoming series of Dancing On Ice as her only experience on the rink is "wobbling around" at Christmas time with her children. Stevens, who finished second on Strictly Come Dancing in 2008, will join a star-studded line-up as the ITV show returns on January 16. She told Hello! magazine: "I'm so excited - I can't wait for it all to get started. "It's such a great team of people and I love my partner Brendyn Hatfield, so it's all super-exciting but terrifying at the same time. Totally terrifying!"
She added: "I've danced and performed for years but doing it on ice means starting something totally from scratch. "But I can't wait to just go for it and have fun - and I'm loving working with Brendyn. He's just adorable and such a brilliant teacher." Discussing criticism that her experience as a pop star and competing on Strictly Come Dancing will give her an advantage, she explained: "I am not a trained dancer, I've learned on the job. "Dancing with a partner is so different to the kind of things I did when I was in a band. "Of course, if you're a performer you've got that experience behind you, but I think everyone's got to just bring themselves to the show. "That's what people enjoy watching - the journey."
- Being an English singer, television personality, actress, and businesswoman.
- For being a member of the pop group S Club 7 between 1999 and 2003.
Where is Rachel Stevens From?
Rachel Stevens opened her eyes for the very first time on 9th April 1978 in Southgate, London, England. She was born with the real name of Rachel Lauren Stevens in a Jewish religious family. She is of British nationality and she belongs to mixed ethnicity as she is of Ashkenazi Jewish descent. Rachel has celebrated her 43rd birthday as of 2021 and as per her birth date, her star sign is Aries. Thus, her race is white. She is the daughter of her father, Michael Stevens, and her mother Linda Hart (mother). She has two brothers named Jason and Leigh.
Regarding Rachel's education, she studied at Osidge JMI School and Ashmole School in London and then received a diploma in business from the London College of Fashion.
What does Rachel Stevens do for a living?
- Rachel Stevens kicks off her career being a member of the pop group S Club 7 whereas the group rose to fame by starring in their own BBC television series, "Miami 7", in 1999. They recorded a total of four studio albums as their first album, "S Club", had a strong 1990s pop sound and their final album was "Seeing Double".
- But, during a live onstage performance on 21st April 2003, S Club announced that they were to disband.
- Then Rachel signed a £1.5 million solo four-album deal with Polydor Records and re-signed with Fuller in 2003 and her first solo single, written by Cathy Dennis and produced by Bloodshy & Avant, "Sweet Dreams My LA Ex", was released in the September of the following year. Her debut solo album, "Funky Dory", was also released later that month.
- She also released the BBC Sport Relief charity single, "Some Girls" in July 2004 and then signed a deal with Matalan reportedly worth £1 million and had her hit song "More More More" as the title song for Matalan's advertising campaign.
- As well, she was seen in the comedy film "Suzie Gold" in 2004 after which Rachel released her new single, "Negotiate with Love" in March 2005.
- Her second album, "Come and Get It" was released in October 2005 and peaked at number 28 in the UK as well as Rachel starred in the comedy films "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo" and "Spider-Plant Man" in 2005.
- She also voiced Patrica Ravelston in the animated short Glendogie Bogey in 2008 and in August she was announced as a contestant of "Strictly Come Dancing" as a partner with professional dancer Vincent Simone. She and Simone also took part in the "Strictly Come Dancing Christmas Specials" in 2008 from 2014.
- She released a charity children's compilation "Tasty Tunes" in a project with toddlers food company Ella's Kitchen in 2011. She was mentor assistant on the New Zealand version of "The X-Factor" in 2013.
- Irish state broadcaster RTE confirmed on 6th October 2014 that Stevens would be taking on one of the red chairs on "The Voice of Ireland" as the fourth coach.
- As well, she attended the "Strictly Come Dancing Christmas" special and Strictly Tour, a dance show in the UK in December 2014.
- Later, all seven of the original members of S Club 7 reunited in an arena tour in May 2015 entitled Bring It All Back 2015.
- Rachel appeared on the cast of "Celebrity Masterchef" in 2017 and in the following year, she starred on an episode of "Celebrity Mastermind".
- In 2019 she joined the "Rip It Up The 70s" theatre show with Louis Smith, Melody Thornton, and Lee Ryan.
- Moreover, Rachel will compete in the fourteenth series of "Dancing on Ice" in 2022.
Awards and Achivements
- Smash Hits Awards
- Popjustice £20 Music Prize Awards
- NME Awards
- Disney Channel Kid's Choice Awards
- Annual Showbusiness Awards
- Glamour Awards
- Smash Hits Awards
- Digital Spy Reality Awards
- FHM Awards
Who is Rachel Stevens Husband?
Rachel Stevens is a married woman. She became engaged to her boyfriend of 18 months, Alex Bourne in June 2008 and got married on 2nd August 2009. The wedding was a Jewish one. On 19th May 2010 the couple were expecting their first child. Her first daughter was born in 2010 and her second in 2014 (Amelie Bourne, Minnie Blossom Bourne). Rachel has previously dated Daniel Cohen for about two years, Jeremy Edwards, Gavin Dein, and Oliver Trevena. As of now, she is currently living a happy life with her handsome husband Alex Bourne. Concerning her sexual orientation, she is straight.
What is the Net Worth of Rachel Stevens?
Rachel Stevens is a versatile woman who has a net worth of $5 million as of 2021. She also earns a considerable amount of salary which is also in thousands of dollars per year. More recently, she has been the frontwoman for Pretty Polly, Sky Sports, Marks & Spencer, and Focus Dailies. In 2009, Rachel became the new ambassador for Schwarzkopf Herod Gliss hair products. She fronted the launch of Seven Seas Health Oils in October 2011. In addition, her major source of income is from her English singer, television personality, actress, and businesswoman career. English singer, television personality, actress, and businesswoman.
How tall is Rachel Stevens?
Rachel Stevens has got a standard height of 5 ft 1 in or 155 cm and a convincing appearance. She had the perfect body combined with good looks as her body weighs around 50 kg or 110 lbs. She has blonde hair and dark brown eyes color. Additionally, Rachel's body build type is slim.
Trivias About Rachel Stevens You Need To Know.
- She won a UK teen magazine modeling contest by beating out over five thousand other competitors.
- She placed second on the sixth season of the British version of Dancing with the Stars, Strictly Come Dancing.
- She and Paul Cattermole were both members of S Club 7.
- In 2015, she began appearing on The Voice of Ireland as a judge.
- She pursued a solo career in 2003, releasing singles like "Sweet Dreams My LA Ex."