Last updated on August 18th, 2023 at 03:43 pm
Facts About Radamel Falcao
|Celebrated Name||Radamel Falcao|
|Age||37 Years Old|
|Nick Name||El Tigre|
|Birth Name||Radamel Falcao Garcia Zarate|
|Place Of Birth||Santa Marta, Colombia|
|Sisters||Michelle Andrea Garcia Zarate, and Melanie Grecia Garcia|
|Height||5 feet 10 inches|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Wife||Lorelei Tarón (Singer)|
|Children||Four; Dominique, Desiree, Annette Garcia Taron, and Jedidiah Falcao García Tarón|
|Net Worth||$70 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Football Career|
|Current Team||Rayo Vallecano|
|Bicep Size||28 inches|
|Waist Size||90 inches|
|Shoe Size||10 (US)|
|Links||Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook|
Radamel Falcao, a Columbian professional footballer currently plays as a striker for La Liga club Rayo Vallecano and often captains the Colombia national team. He has previously played for Lanceros Boyacá, River Plate, Porto, Atlético Madrid, Monaco, Manchester United (loan), Chelsea (loan), and Galatasaray. He began his soccer career at the age of 13 and became the youngest player to debut in the Colombian Primera B. He captains the Columbia National Team in the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
Radamel Falcao Famous For
- A Columbian professional footballer.
- Being one of the most lethal and prolific strikers in European football.
- Having played for some of the most popular European clubs including Atletico Madrid, Manchester United, AS Monaco, and Chelsea.
- Having won numerous high-profile titles and cup competitions with different clubs including Argentine Primera División, Primeira Liga (Portuguese League), Copa del Rey, UEFA Europa League, and Ligue 1.
Early Life of Radamel Falcao
This young and dynamic, Radamel Falcao was born in Santa Marta, Colombia. His full name is Radamel Falcao Garcia Zarate. He is a Colombian by his nationality and his ethnicity is Multiracial, further, his birth sign is Aquarius. He is popularly called as Falcao or Falcao Garcia or Radamel Falcao in South America.
Radamel Garcia and Carmenza Zarate are the proud Parents of this player. Falcao is a second-generation footballer after his father who was also a professional Columbian defender. He has two siblings; Michelle Andrea Garcia Zarate, and Melanie Grecia Garcia. He was passionate about the game of football from an early age.
Moving towards his education, he completed his education from his native school and started practicing football in the local ground with the amateurs.
Career of Radamel Falcao
- As a young footballer, Falcao started his career with the Colombian Categoría Primera B team Lanceros Boyacá in 1999. He was just 13 years of age when he joined the team.
- Argentine club River Plate bought Falcao in 2001. He played for the 8th Division in the Argentine league.
- Falcao made his first professional debut for River Plate on 6th March 2005 against Instituto de Córdoba. He won the match by 3 goals to 1.
- Although Falcao missed the 2007’s Copa América, he was able to play the tournament for Columbia in 2011.
- Falcao made 90 appearances for River Plate and scored 34 times in his career with the Argentine club before leaving for Porto in 2009.
- In September of the 2009-10 season, Falcao scored his first Champions League goal against Atlético Madrid. Falcao was also the second highest scorer in the Portuguese league that season with 25 goals and 34 in all competitions.
- Falcao’s brilliant form continued in the next season. His first hat-trick came in December against Rapid Wien in Europa League and to follow that he scored another set of three goals against Spartak Moscow finishing the match with an outrageous 5-1 scoreline. His performances helped Porto win the league title. Falcao also contributed in the Europa League and won the finals by scoring against Braga. The Columbian had an outstanding record of 41 goals in 51 games with the club.
- Falcao was signed by Spanish club Atlético Madrid on 18 August 2011 for a hefty price of 40 million euros. He immediately made an impact with his talent in the Spanish league scoring 36 goals in 51 appearances in all competitions.
- He helped the team to win Europa League and became the first player ever to win the trophy with two different teams in succession.
- The 2012-13 season started with a bang as Falcao won the UEFA Super Cup scoring a hat-trick against Chelsea and winning 4-1. He helped the team win the 2013 Copa del Rey trophy and scored on many occasions during the tournament to carry the team.
- Falcao made 68 appearances and scored 52 goals during his brilliant time with the club.
- Monaco announced that they had bought Falcao on 31 May 2013. In the 2013-14 season, Falcao made 19 appearances and scored 11 goals. However, he suffered the injury in January 2014 and was out until his return in July of the next season.
- Falcao made the decision to move to Manchester United and was signed on a loan deal on 1 September 2014. He made 26 appearances and scored 4 goals that season.
- Chelsea signed the Columbian striker later in July 2015, as Falcao looked to improve his form but only managed a brief spell at the English club. He played 10 games for Chelsea and scored only once.
- Falcao returned to his parent club Monaco in July 2016 and went on to score 30 goals in 43 games in all competitions for the 2016-17 season.
- He is currently playing brilliantly in the 2017-18 season and has bagged 24 goals in 34 games.
- Falcao began the season on a high note during Monaco's first match of the season, assisting Monaco's second and scoring their third in a 1-3 away victory against Nantes. During his 2018-19 season, he made 39 appearances for the club, scoring 16 goals and providing 2 assists in all the competitions.
- On 2 September 2019, he joined Süper Lig club Galatasaray on a free transfer, as his contract with Monaco had expired, with a three-year contract and a salary of €5 million per year. He was welcomed by over 25,000 fans on the previous day at the Istanbul Atatürk Airport. On 13 September 2019, he scored on his debut for the club in a 1-0 home win against Kasimpasa. In his first season, he made 22 appearances for the club, scoring 11 goals and providing 1 assist in all the competitions.
- During his 2020-21 season, he made 18 appearances for the club, scoring 9 goals and providing 2 assists in all the competitions.
- On 4 September 2021, he signed for La Liga club Rayo Vallecano. He was presented at the Estadio de Vallecas on 16 September 2021 before 2,000 fans. He chose the jersey number 3, an unfamiliar number mostly worn by defenders and is not traditionally associated with attacking players. His decision to don that jersey was to honour his late father Radamel García, who played as a defender and mostly played with that jersey number. he scored on his debut for the club on 18 December 2021 in a 3-0 win against Getafe CF. In his first season, he made 25 appearances for the club, scoring 6 goals in all the competitions.
- Falcao played the 2011 Copa América for Colombia, he later also took part in the 2014 World Cup qualifiers and was their top scorer. However, Falcao couldn't play in the main tournament because of a serious injury.
- He played in the 2015 Copa América and helped the team reach the quarterfinals of the tournament but unfortunately lost to Argentina in the penalties.
- Falcao has also taken part in the 2018 World Cup qualifiers against Chile, Argentina, and Uruguay.
- Having missed the previous World Cup due to injury, he made his World Cup debut against Japan on 19 June 2018, in Colombia's first group game of the 2018 World Cup, with Colombia losing 1-2. On 24 June, he scored his first World Cup goal in Colombia's 3-0 win over Poland. Following a 1-1 draw with England in the round of 16, although Falcao converted his penalty in the shoot-out, Colombia lost by 4-3 as they were knock-out from the tournament.
- On 30 May 2019, he was included in the 23-man final Colombia squad for the 2019 Copa América where he played in all the matches as Colombia eventually lost 5-4 on penalties to Chile in the quarter-finals.
- Since his debut, he obtained 99 caps and scored 35 goals for Colombia.
Personal Life of Radamel Falcao
Speaking about his personal life, Radamel Falcao is not a private person and is open about his relationship status. He is married to his longtime girlfriend Lorelei Taron who is a singer by profession since 2007. The couple is reported to be dating since 2004 soon after they met at a church in Argentina when Laurelei was just 16 years old.
Even after these years, the couple is together without any mishaps in their relationship. The couple is also the parents of their four children: Dominique, Desiree, Annette Garcia Taron, and Jedidiah Falcao García Tarón.
The couple first welcomed their daughter Dominique Garcia Taron on August 13, 2013, at the Princess Grace Hospital in La Colle, Monaco, later followed by the birth of their second daughter Desiree Garcia Taron in February 2015. The couple welcomed their third daughter Annette Garcia Taron on August 17, 2017. The couple welcomed their third child Jedidiah Falcao García Tarón in 2020.
Even though Radamel Falcao is busy with his career games, he manages to spend some quality time with his family.
Net Worth of Radamel Falcao
With his professional career of 17 years, He earns a fortune amount of salary and is one of the wealthiest players in recent days. As of 2022s stats, his current salary is reportedly around €1.2 Million with a weekly wage of around £468,000. His net worth is estimated to be $70 million.
Similarly, he reportedly has endorsement deals with Panini, Gatorade, Puma, Gillette, and Samsung Electronics. Though the endorsement detail is not disclosed, it is reported that Falcao earns $4 million annually with his sponsorships.
Currently, His market value is reported to be €2 million as of 2022, while his highest market was reported to be €60 million on January 10, 2013.
Body Measurements of Radamel Falcao
Radamel Falcao cherishes the height of 5 feet 10 inches and body weight of 158 lbs. Moreover, he has an athletic body build. His eye color is dark brown and his hair color is black. Furthermore, his shoe size is 10 (US). In addition, his bicep size is 28 inches and his waist size is 90 inches. His sexual orientation is straight. Overall, he has got a healthy and well-maintained body.
Radamel Falcao’s Transfer History
- He played for the youth team of Deportivo Táchira, Mineros de Guayana, Monagas SC, Atletico El Vigía, and La Gaitana.
- In 1999, he joined the youth team of Lanceros Boyacá and began his career at the club.
- In 2004, he was sold to River Plate of Argentina for a $500,000 fee.
- In July 2009, Primeira Liga team Porto signed him on a four-year-contract worth €3.93 million for 60% of his economic rights.
- In August 2011, he signed for Atletico Madrid from Porto on a four-year contract for the transfer fee of €40 million as the fee could potential rise to €50 million based on performance-based clauses, making him the most expensive player in the club's history.
- In July 2013, he subsequently signed for Monaco on a five-year contract for an undisclosed fee believed to be around €60 million, with his net annual salary at Monaco being reported to be around €14 million.
- In September 2014, Manchester United agreed to sign him on a season-long loan for £6 million subject to a medical examination with an option to sign permanently for £43.5 million (€55 million) at the season's end. The deal saw him earn £265,000 per week at the club.
- In July 2015, Chelsea signed him on a season-long loan deal worth £4 million with the option of a permanent transfer at the end of the season for a fee of £38 million (€50 million, and with a salary of £170,000 a week.
- In September 2019, he joined Super Lig club Galatasaray on a free transfer, as his contract with Monaco had expired, with a three-year contract and a salary of €5 million per year. He was welcomed by over 25,000 fans on the previous day at the Istanbul Atatürk Airport.
- In September 2021, he signed for La Liga club Rayo Vallecano on a free transfer. He was presented at the Estadio de Vallecas on 16 September 2021 before 2,000 fans.
Awards and Achievements
- Won the 2007-08 Argentine Primera Division with River Plate.
- Won the 2010-11 Primeira Liga with Porto.
- Won the 2009-10, 2010-11 Taca de Portugal with Porto.
- Won the 2010, 2011 Supertaca Candido de Oliveira with Porto.
- Won the 2010-11 UEFA Europa League with Porto.
- Won the 2012-13 Copa del Rey with Atletico Madrid.
- Won the 2011-12 UEFA Europa League with Atletico Madrid.
- Won the 2012 UEFA Super Cup with Atletico Madrid.
- Won the 2016-17 Ligue 1 with Monaco.
- Won the 2005 South American Youth Championship with Colombia U20.
- Won the 2010-11 Portuguese Golden Ball.
- Won the 2010-11 (17 goals), 2011-12 (12 goals) UEFA Europa League Top Scorer.
- Won the 2011, 2012 UEFA Europa League Final Man of the Match.
- Won the 2012 UEFA Super Cup Man of the Match.
- Won the 2012 Globe Best Footballer.
- Won the 2017-18 (3 goals) Coupe de la Ligue Top scorer.
- Colombia all-time top scorer: 35 goals
- Top goal scorer of the UEFA Super Cup: 3 goals
- Only player to have scored a hat-trick in a single final of the UEFA Super Cup.
- Only player to score 4 goals in a UEFA Europa League knockout match.
- One of two players to win two consecutive UEFA Europa League titles with two different teams.
- Most goals scored in a UEFA Europa League season: 17 goals
- Most goals scored in the UEFA Europa League: 30 goals
- Most goals scored in the UEFA Europa League knockout stages: 20 goals
- Most goals in a UEFA Europa League knockout tie: 5 goals
- Most UEFA Europa League hat-tricks: 3 hat-tricks
- Most goals scored in UEFA Cup/UEFA Europa League finals: 3 goals
Trivias About Radamel Falcao You Need To Know.
- He began his soccer career at the age of 13. Became the youngest player to debut in the Colombian Primera B.
- He is also compared to the likes of Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo who are world class players.
- He is known for being equally talented with both his feet and has a good aerial presence on the field. Many of Falcao’s goals have come from headers and difficult to take chances.