Raheem Sterling - Bio, Net Worth, Wife, Salary, Nationality, Facts, Age, Family, Height, Transfer, Contract, Current Team, Parents, Children, Wiki
Raheem Sterling is an English professional footballer who plays as a winger and attacking midfielder for Premier League club Manchester City and the English National Team. He began his career at Queens Park Rangers before signing for Liverpool in 2010. He received the Golden boy award for 2014 from a Pan-European panel of sports journalists. In July 2015, following a lengthy dispute over a new contract, he was signed by Manchester City in a transfer potentially worth £49 million, the highest transfer fee ever paid for an English player at the time. In the 2018-2019 season, he was named to the PFA Premier League Team of the Year and won the PFA Young Player of the Year and FWA Footballer of the Year. He made his senior debut for England in November 2012 after previously being capped by England youth teams at under-16, under-17, under-19, and under-21 levels. He was chosen in England's squads for the 2014 FIFA World Cup, 2018 FIFA World Cup, UEFA Euro 2016, and UEFA Euro 2020. In 2016, he made his theatrical film debut as himself in the adventure comedy movie, The Brothers Grimsby. In 2015, Raheem Sterling made his first TV show appearance as himself on the news series, BBC Weekend News.
Euro Cup 2020: Raheem Sterling scores as England Beat Croatia by 1-0
Raheem Sterling netted the lone goal of the match in the 57th minute to seal the game for England which took place in the Wembley Stadium. Sterling repaid England manager Gareth Southgate's faith in him, sliding in the winner after 57 minutes following a perfect pass from man-of-the-match Kalvin Phillips. Raheem Sterling has scored 13 goals in his past 17 appearances for England.
- For his acrimonious exit from Liverpool FC. The Liverpool legends such as Steven Gerrard, Graeme Souness, and Jamie Carragher were particularly scathing in their criticism of Sterling's antics to secure a move to Manchester City.
- For his tremendous performances under the guidance of Manchester City coach Pep Guardiola. In their 2017/18 title-winning season, he scored 18 goals and recorded 15 assists in 33 matches.
What is the Real Name of Raheem Sterling?
Raheem Sterling's real name is Raheem Shaquille Sterling who was born on 8 December 1994 in Kingston, Jamaica. He along with his mother Nadine Sterling moved to London when he was five years old. Raheem’s father, Phillip Slayter chose to stay back in Jamaica, and Raheem and his family underwent many hardships to manage their expenses. When Raheem was two years old his father was murdered in Jamaica. He has three siblings; Kimberley Sterling (Sister), Kingston Sterling (Sister), Lakima Sterling (Sister). He holds Jamaican nationality and his ethnicity is Jamaican-Black. Sagittarius is his Zodiac sign and his religion is Christian.
For his education, he went to the Copland School in North West London. He also attended Rainhill School. In fact, he completed his school education at Rainhill School. He joined the youth academy of Queens Park Rangers in 2003. He left QPR in 2010 to join the youth setup of Liverpool.
How was the Football Career of Raheem Sterling?
- Raheem played for ‘Queens Park Rangers Football Club’ from 2003 to 2010. This seven-year-long span helped him a lot in shaping his career. At the end of his tenure with the club, Raheem was already a star player. He played multiple positions, his amazing performance came when he was playing as a natural winger. Raheem quickly became popular for his speed and low center of gravity.
- Sterling was signed by Liverpool from the Academy at Queens Park Rangers in February 2010, Raheem signed a contract with “Liverpool” and he was offered 600,000 Euros. He played in the youth club scoring his first goal. He also scored in FA club on 15 December. He also scored five goals on 14 February 2011. He made his senior Liverpool debut on 24 March 2012.
- Sterling made his European debut in august 2012 coming on a UEFA Europa League. He was also named as the man of the match. He was one of the groups of teenagers who traveled to play young boys in the UEFA Europa League group match on 19 September. On 21 December 2012, he signed a contract extension. On 27 august 2013, he scored his first goal for the 2013-2014 season. he scored his first premier league goal on 4 December. On 18 April 2014, he was named as one of the six players who was shortlisted for the PFA Young Player of the Year award. He was named Liverpool Chartered Player of the Month for April and also named Liverpool’s Young Player at the end of the season. he made his UEFA Championship debut on 16 September. He made 10 appearances for Liverpool. He was named as a recipient of the 2014 Golden Boy Award. He was also named as the team’s young player of the season on 19 May.
- The deal was agreed to transfer Sterling to Manchester City on 12 July 2015. Then he officially joined Manchester city signing a five-year contract. He made his debut on 10 August. He scored his first UEFA Champions League goal on 3 November. He suffered from the injury and was ruled out for 8 weeks. He could not feature in the effective performers so he was even considered as the worst signing of the season.
- In the 2016-2017 seasons he appeared regularly on all matches. He was Premier League Player of the Month for august 2016.
- On 20th March 2016, he suffered a groin injury in a 1-0 loss to rivals Manchester United and was ruled out for 8 weeks. He was Premier League Player of the Month for August 2016 after he scored two goals and provided one assist in three games. In November 2018, he signed a three-year extension to keep him at City until 2023. On 7th February 2021, Sterling scored a goal in a 4-1 away win over his former team Liverpool, to reach his 100th goal with Manchester City under Pep Guardiola in all competitions.
Sterling was selected to play for England for the 2011 U-17 World Cup. He was called up to the senior England squad for the first time in the 2014 World Cup qualifying match. He made his senior debut on 14 November 2012. He was also named as the man of the match. He was also named in England’s 23-squad for the 2014 FIFA World Cup on 12 May 2014. He scored his first senior goal for England in UEFA Euro 2016 qualifier. He was one of the 23 players chosen for the final tournament. Sterling was named in the 23-man England national team squad for the 2018 FIFA World cup. He scored his first hat-trick for England on 22 March 2019 in a 5-0 win over the Czech Republic at Wembley Stadium in a UEFA Euro 2020 qualifier. On 13th June 2021, he scored the only goal against Croatia to kick off England's Euro 2020 campaign with a winning start.
How tall is Raheem Sterling?
Handsome man, Raheem Sterling has a tall height of 1.70 m or 5 ft 7 in. His well-maintained body weight consists of 69 KG. His body type is athletic and he is very conscious about his food intake. His hair color is black and his eye color is dark brown. He has a medium stubble beard.
Who is Raheem Sterling Wife?
Raheem Sterling is not married yet and he is currently engaged to Paige Milan since 2018. Sterling started going out with Paige Milian in 2015. In January 2017, she gave birth to their son, Thiago. As of now, the couple is living a happy life without any disturbances. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
Back then, he had affairs with Melissa Clarke, Shana Ann Rose Halliday, Analicia Chaves. In April 2016, Raheem Sterling was rumored to be having an affair with Playboy model Tabitha Brown. They were reportedly seen leaving Lowry Hotel in Manchester after a lunch date in the previous month.
What is the Net Worth of Raheem Sterling?
Professional footballer, Raheem Sterling's estimated net worth in 2021 is $45 million. His current market value is at 145 million pounds. He is ranked number 2 among all players worldwide. From playing for 'Queens Park Rangers F.C' to representing England in the FIFA World Cup 2014, Raheem has had an incredible journey so far. On July 14th, 2015 Raheem signed a contract with Manchester City that nets him a whopping salary of 8.7 Million Euro (7.8 Million Pound) per year. His annual salary is around €8,700,000 as per sources. He is living a luxurious lifestyle as of today. In 2012, Raheem Sterling signed an endorsement deal with Nike, which requires him to use their products for his matches. In September, he was cast alongside Christian Eriksen, Eden Hazard, and Theo Walcott in a commercial for Nike Green Speed II. In January 2013, he was featured in a promotional campaign for Nike Mercurial Vapor IX. He has also used his social media activity to promote the popular sportswear brand.
Trivias About Raheem Sterling You Need To Know.
- Raheem Sterling's full name is Raheem Shaquille Sterling.
- He spent his early childhood in Maverly District of Kingston.
- When he was 5 years old, he moved to England with his mother.
- In October 2012, he scored his first professional goal for Liverpool.
- At the end of 2013/14 season, he was shortlisted for the PFA Young Player of the Year award.
- In December 2014, he made his 100th appearance for Liverpool as they faced their fierce rivals Manchester United.