Rakhee Thakrar - Bio, Net Worth, Personal Life, Husband, Age, Facts, Family, Siblings, Ethnic Background, Height, Weight, Career, Shows, Parent, Wiki
Rakhee Thakrar is a renowned actress from England who is famous for portraying the roles of Shabnam Masood in the long-running BBC One soap opera "EastEnders" (2014–2016) and Emily Sands in the Netflix comedy-drama series "Sex Education" (2019–present). She also plays the Eighth Doctor's companion, Bliss in Big Finish's "Doctor Who: The Time War" audio dramas. She had worked as a journalist for the Leicester Mercury Pathfinder Program in 2004. Prior to having started her acting career, Rakhee wanted to pursue a career in textile design. She is represented by Hobson’s International and 42 Management & Production.
What is Rakhee Thakrar Famous For?
- Being a British actress.
- For her role in BBC One soap opera EastEnders (2014–2016), and Sex Education (2019–present).
What Ethnicity is Rakhee Thakrar?
Rakhee Thakrar took birth on 29th February 1984 which makes her the present age of 37 as of 2021. Her born name is Rakhee Mansukh Thakrar. She is from Leicester, Leicestershire, England. She holds British nationality and her ethnicity is mixed as she is of Indian descent. She follows the Christianity religion and as per her birth date, her zodiac sign is Pisces. She also has two siblings namely Shivam (Younger Brother), Anuj Thakrar (Younger Brother).
Focusing on her education, Thakrar attended Soar Valley College. She also attended Taylor Road Primary School, Leicester. She then became involved with Hathi Productions, a theatre club based in Leicester as a teenager.
Rakhee Thakrar Career Timeline
- Rakhee Thakrar's career began after she landed the role of Roopa Chauhan in the radio drama "Silver Street".
- Further, she played the role from the first episode in the year 2004 to the last episode in 2010.
- She made her first TV appearance in the BBC drama "Banglatown Banquet" in the year 2006.
- After then, she went on to feature in a number of TV series including "Doctors", "Holby City", "Peep Show" and, notably, played a lead character in British-Asian drama "Cloud 9".
- She was also cast in "EastEnders" in the year 2013 and made her first on-screen appearance on 13th January 2014 playing the character of Shabnam Masood. In 2015, she left EastEnders. She was last seen onscreen on 5th February 2016, following Shabnam's failed marriage to Kush Kazemi (Davood Ghadami).
- In the year 2019, she began portraying the role of Emily Sands in the Netflix series "Sex Education". In the same year, she appeared in the "Running Naked", "Those Four Walls", "End-O", "Four Weddings and a Funeral".
- In 2020, she appeared in "23 Walks" and "Criminal: UK".
- After a year, she was seen in the TV series "The Girl Before" as Mia.
- She is set to appear in the 2022 TV mini-series "Rules Of The Game" and 2023 film "Wonka".
- Rakhee Thakrar was one of twenty young people recruited to the Leicester Mercury's Pathfinder scheme in 2004.
- Run in conjunction with Leicester City Council, it enabled a team of young journalists to spend ten months gaining an introduction to print journalism and reporting on their communities.
- During this time, she wrote articles on subjects such as the influence Bollywood has had on Leicester, as well as the peculiar situation of being born on 29 February.
Who is Rakhee Thakrar married to?
Rakhee Thakrar is a married woman. She tied the knot with actor Vikash Bhai on September 2, 2017. Vikash is also an actor known for Limbo (2020), The Stranger (2020), and Flack (2019). Today, the duo are leading a happy life without any disturbances. Her sexual orientation is straight.
How much is Rakhee Thakrar Net Worth in 2022?
Rakhee Thakrar is a talented and successful actress who has accumulated a net worth of around $150K USD. The major source of her wealth is from acting career through movies, TV shows, and web series. She has subsequently become an ambassador for the stillbirth charity, Sands. Her exact salary is still to get unfold yet but there is no doubt in the mind of her followers that she is making a cool amount of money from her career work.
Rakhee Thakrar Height and Weight
Rakhee Thakrar is a beautiful actress who has a slim body build with a tall height of 5 ft 7 in or 170 cm and her body weight of 60 kg or 132 lbs. Her hair color is Dark Brown and her eye color is also the same. She has a thing lips with almond-shaped eyebrows.
Trivias About Rakhee Thakrar You Need To Know.
- Rakhee Thakrar made her debut TV show appearance as Safeena Abbasi in Doctors in 2007.
- She signed with the theatre club Hathi Productions as a teenager that is located in Leicester.
- She had worked as a journalist for the Leicester Mercury Pathfinder Program in 2004.
- Her ethnicity is Asian (Indian).
- Rakhee Mansukh Thakrar was her real name.