Last updated on March 5th, 2021 at 04:13 pm
Facts About Randall Park
|Celebrated Name||Randall Park|
|Age||49 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Randall Park|
|Birth Name||Randall Park|
Randall Park is an American actor, comedian, and writer who is well known for portraying the role of Kim Jong-un in the 2014 political action film, "The Interview" and also as Louis Huang on ABC's "Fresh Off the Boat". Park got much popularity when he played the role of Steve in an episode of "The Office".
For his performance in the short film, "Blueberry" he won the Best Actor award at the NBC Shortcuts Film Festival.
Having earned a Master's degree in Asian-American Studies from UCLA, Park started his career initially as a graphic/print designer later co-founding the Propergander theater group. He has come a long way from designer to a well-established actor in his decade long career. He recently got vaccinated against COVID-19.
What is Randall Park Famous for?
- Famous for his role of Kim Jong-un in "The Interview".
Where was Randall Park Born?
Randall Park was born on March 23, 1974, in Los Angeles, California, United States. His birth name is Randall Park. His nationality is American. Park belongs to Korean-American ethnicity while Aries is his zodiac sign.
Randall Park was born as the son of Korean immigrant parents residing in Los Angeles, California. His mother was an accountant at the University of California(UCLA) while his father owned a one-hour photo store. Park grew up in Castle Heights, Los Angeles along with his older brother.
He graduated from Hamilton High School’s humanities magnet program after which he joined UCLA in the winter quarter of 1993. During the time in the year of 1995, he co-founded "Lapu, the Coyote that Cares," now known as the LCC Theatre Company.
Two years later in 1997, he graduated from UCLA earning a bachelor’s degree in English, with creative writing and a minor in Asian American studies. After his graduation, Park worked at the weekly newspaper New Times LA as a graphic/print designer for a few years. After then he tried pursuing architecture school however he realized that he didn't want to attend schooling.
In 2015, he returned to UCLA as a keynote speaker for the Asian American Studies department commencement ceremony and the English department commencement ceremony in 2017.
Randall Park's Career Highlights
- Randall Park started his professional career initially as a stand-up comedian citing Mike Birbiglia and Mitch Hedberg as his influences.
- Park made his first screen debut as the main role in the short film, "Dragon of Love" in 2003.
- He then co-wrote and starred in the feature film, "American Fusion".
- In 2007, he appeared as an actor in the filmmaking reality show, "On the Lot".
- He wrote and even starred in the short film, "Blueberry" for which he even won a Best Actor award in 2010.
- He also had a recurring role as Martin Fukanaga on "Supah Ninjas"(2011-13).
- Along with Wong Fu Productions, he has worked in several films; "Too Fast"(2010), "Home Is Where the Hans Are"(2012), "Everything Before Us"(2015).
- He got much recognition playing the recurring role of Minnesota governor Danny Chung on the HBO comedy, "Veep".
- He portrayed North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un in the 2014 comedy, "The Interview".
- His films credit includes ‘The Five Year Engagement’, ‘Sex Tape’, ‘The Night Before’, ‘Office Christmas Party’.
- His work in series includes ‘ER’, ‘Mad TV’, ‘Cold Case’, ‘Eli Stone’, ‘Gary Unmarried’, ‘New Girl’, ‘The Office’, ‘Drop the Mic’, and Drunk History’.
- He played FBI Agent Jimmy Woo in the Marvel Studios film, "Ant-Man and the Wasp" and also as Dr. Stephen Shin in the film, "Aquaman" in 2018.
- He produced and starred in the Netflix original film, "Always Be My Maybe"(2019).
- Along with Golamco, and Hieu Ho, Park launched the Asian American focused production company, "Imminent Collision".
- In 2021, he played the role of Woo in the Disney+ series, "WandaVision".
Randall Park's Wife
Randall Park is married to his only-wife, Jae Suh Park. Jae is also an American actress well known for starring in the 2017 Netflix comedy series, "Friends from College". They worked together on "The Mindy Project" and the short film Love, "NY".
The couple got married in 2008 and even are blessed with a daughter named Ruby. His young daughter had made an appearance in his web series, "Baby Mentalist". They live together with their daughter Ruby in the San Fernando Valley.
Besides, Park is an active supporter of the East-West Players theater group in Little Tokyo, Los Angeles.
Randall Park's Net Worth
Randall Park has quite good earnings from his professional career as an actor, comedian, and writer. Having his career started in the year 2001, Park has managed to come a long way up becoming one of the popular actors in his decade long career. His source of income is surely his appearances on movies, series, and writing the movies. His net worth is estimated to e around $5 million.
Randall Park's Height
Randall Park is a good-looking man in his 40s. He stands tall with a height of 5ft. 9inch.(1.75 m) while his body weighs around 65kg(141 lbs). He has a fair complexion with black hair and brown eyes.