Ray Liotta - Bio, Net Worth, Death Cause, Wife, Parents, Age, Career
Ray Liotta is an actor and film producer who was famous for his role as Shoeless Joe Jackson in "Field of Dreams" (1989), Henry Hill in "Goodfellas" (1990), and Tommy Vercetti in the video game "Grand Theft Auto: Vice City" (2002). For his performance in "Grand Theft Auto: Vice City", he won the G-Phoria Award for 'Best Male Voice Performance' and the Spike Video Game Award for 'Best Performance'. He had been featured in numerous films and TV series in an illustrious acting career that began in 1980. His first major acting role was in "Something Wild" (1986), for which he received his first Golden Globe nomination, this nomination being for Best Supporting Actor – Motion Picture. He was inducted into the 'New Jersey Hall of Fame' in 2016 in the Performance Arts category. While he was at college, he acted in several musicals such as Cabaret, Dames at Sea, Oklahoma, and Sound of Music. After completing his college studies, he moved to New York City and began working as a bartender at the renowned Shubert Theatres. Sadly, he dies on May 26, 2022.
Ray Liotta Dies At 67
Ray Liotta, the actor known for his roles in "Field of Dreams" and the Martin Scorsese mob classic "Goodfellas," has died. Ray Liotta died in his sleep on 26th May 2022. He dies at the age of 67 in the Dominican Republic, during the filming of the new movie "Dangerous Waters". "Ray was working on a project in the Dominican Republic called 'Dangerous Waters' when he passed. He passed in his sleep. He is survived by his daughter, Karsen, and his fiancée, Jacy Nittolo," his publicist Jennifer Allen told. Lorraine Bracco, who co-starred as Liotta's wife in "Goodfellas," paid tribute to him on Thursday. "I am utterly shattered to hear this terrible news about my Ray," Bracco said in a tweet. "I can be anywhere in the world & people will come up & tell me their favorite movie is Goodfellas. Then they always ask what was the best part of making that movie. My response has always been the same...Ray Liotta." "Ray was the epitome of a tough guy who was all mushy on the inside ... I guess that's what made him such a compelling actor to watch," said Jennifer Lopez, who starred with Liotta in the TV cop series, "Shades of Blue."
What was Ray Liotta Known For?
- Being an American actor and producer.
- For playing the real-life character of mobster Henry Hill in the iconic crime drama film Goodfellas (1990).
Who are the Parents of Ray Liotta?
Ray Liotta was born in Newark, New Jersey on 18th December 18, 1954, with the birth name of Raymond Allen Liotta. He was abandoned by his parents at an orphanage. Thus, he was adopted at the age of six months by his adopted mother, Mary Liotta, and his adopted father, Alfred Liotta. Also, he has a sister namely Linda Liotta, who is also adopted. Further, he has one half-brother and five half-sisters. His adoptive parents each unsuccessfully ran for local political office; he recalled attending parades to hand out flyers for his father's run. He is of American nationality and belongs to an American-Scottish-Italian ethnic background. He follows the Roman Catholic religion. His family was not especially religious. They attended church and he received the first communion and was confirmed, but the family did not pray much. He occasionally used prayer in his daily life, telling an interviewer, "... if I'm in a fix I'll pray ... if I'm feeling uncomfortable about something I'll say "Our Father's" and "Hail Marys" to this day." His zodiac sign is Sagittarius. He lastly celebrated his 67th birthday as of 2021.
Regarding his education, he went to attend Union High School from where he graduated in 1973. After that, he graduated from the University of Miami, where he studied acting and received a Bachelor of Fine Arts in 1978. There, he performed in musicals such as Cabaret, Dames at Sea, Oklahoma, and Sound of Music during his time there.
Ray Liotta Career Timeline and Life Story
- Ray Liotta's first job was as a bartender. Later, he pursued his career in the acting field.
- He appeared in the soap opera "Another World" (1978-1981) and then, made his film debut in 1983's "The Lonely Lady".
- His first major acting role was "Something Wild" (1986) which was followed by "Field of Dreams" in 1989, "Goodfellas" (1990), "Unlawful Entry" (1992), "No Escape", "Unforgettable" (1996), "Cop Land" in 1997, "The Rat Pack" (1998).
- After that, he starred as himself in the sitcom "Just Shoot Me" in December 2001, and in January 2002, he provided the voice of Tommy Vercetti for the 2002 video game Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, and appeared in the television drama "ER" in the year 2004, in the episode "Time of Death".
- He later starred in the 2006 CBS television series "Smith", which was pulled from the schedule after three episodes.
- He also provided a vocal role for the "What a Croc!" episode of the Disney Channel comedy series "Phineas & Ferb".
- In 2001, he played the Justice Department official Paul Krendler in "Hannibal".
- In 2003, he was seen in the dark horror-thriller "Identity".
- After a couple of years, he narrated "Inside the Mafia" for the National Geographic Channel and then appeared in "Smokin' Aces".
- Next, he appeared in the movie "Wild Hogs", "Battle in Seattle", "Hero Wanted" and as a guest appearance on the SpongeBob SquarePants episode "What Ever Happened to SpongeBob?"; in the episode, he voices the leader of a gang called the Bubble Poppin’ Boys, who try to kill an amnesiac SpongeBob (voiced by Tom Kenny).
- He also appeared in "Crossing Over", and "Observe and Report" as Seth Rogen's nemesis from the local police.
- In the year 2011, he starred in "The Son of No One".
- In 2004, he made his Broadway debut in the Stephen Belber play "Match".
- In the 2010s, he appeared in "Date Night" with Steve Carell, "Charlie St. Cloud" with Zac Efron, the independent drama "Snowmen", and "The River Sorrow".
- He next starred in the 2012 Andrew Dominik film "Killing Them Softly" and the 2013 Ariel Vromen film "The Iceman".
- He had a supporting role in "Muppets Most Wanted" (2014).
- In the year 2014, he played a preacher in the faith-based film "The Identical", "Kill the Messenger", and "Stretch".
- Further, he starred in the Western miniseries "Texas Rising" in 2015.
- From the year 2015 to 2016, he narrated the AMC docu-series "The Making of the Mob".
- From 2016 to 2018, he starred in "Shade of Blue".
- He became a spokesperson for Pfizer's Chantix advertising campaign in 2018.
- Next, he appeared as a divorce attorney in the 2019 Noah Baumbach film "Marriage Story".
- In the year 2021, he played twin brothers "Hollywood Dick" Moltisanti and Salvatore "Sally" Moltisanti in the film "The Many Saints of Newark".
- He was currently cast in "Cocaine Bear", a thriller film which is based on the true story of an American black bear. The movie is due in theaters in 2023.
How much is Ray Liotta Net Worth?
Ray Liotta was a talented actor and film producer whose net worth was estimated to have $14 Million at the time of death. In 2019, Glamour Path estimated Liotta's net worth at $15 million. In 2019, his former Pacific Palisades mansion went on the market for $5.595 million, per The L.A. Times. He bought the L.A. mansion in 2003. Celebrity Net Worth claimed the actor sold another Palisades home to Britney Spears in 2007 for $7 million. He has endorsed a number of other products throughout his career, including KFC, Apple, and Tequila Silver. He had served as the spokesperson for pharma giant Pfizer’s Chantix (medication used to treat nicotine addiction) campaign. There are no details about his salary and career earnings to the media yet.
Who was Ray Liotta married to?
Ray Liotta was in a relationship at the time of his death. He was engaged to his beautiful long-term girlfriend-turned-fiance, Jacy Nittolo. Their relationship ended as a result of Ray's sudden death in May 2022. Prior to his demise, the duo was enjoying his present life happily without any disturbances. His sexual orientation was straight and he was not gay.
Previously, he was married to actress Michelle Grace in February 1997. Ray met actress Michelle Grace at one of her former husband Mark Grace's professional baseball matches. The duo together co-starred in the 1998 TV movie The Rat Pack. They also had a daughter together named Karsen Liotta (b. December 1998) (Actress). The pair later got divorced in 2004. Apart from this, he had been in several other relationships and had dated Vicky Dawson, Susan Keith, Heidi Von Beltz, Michelle Johnson, Sherrie Rose, Donna Puzio, Jill Marie Jones, and Catherine Hickland during his life story.
How tall is Ray Liotta?
Ray Liotta had a tall and perfect height of 6 feet (1.83 m) and his body weight consisted of around 86 kg. His hair color was salt and pepper and his eye color was blue. He had a clean-shaven look with smoldering eyes and a puffy face. He had short-cropped, wavy hair. His other body measurement is still to get disclosed yet. His body type was average. He had also inked tattoos on his body.
Trivias About Ray Liotta You Need To Know.
- Ray Liotta was left-handed.
- His first major acting role was in "Something Wild".
- He was adopted at the age of six months by his adopted mother, Mary Liotta and his adopted father, Alfred Liotta.
- His zodiac sign is Sagittarius.
- Raymond Allen Liotta was his birth name.